Bolt on the GT350 Throttle Body to your 2011-16 GT Manifold with this new MMR adapter

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Oh and do you have the stock intake or other? I ported the opening today but I'll have to see about the MMR adapter next before I open it more.

slofoshow

Established Member
So just to clarify, is this new TB strictly a drive-ability piece or is there a hp/torque gain to be had? I am assuming the real gains would come with a boss intake? Just trying to figure out what, if any, gains are to be had by us stock manifold folks.

nate714

Established Member
So just to clarify, is this new TB strictly a drive-ability piece or is there a hp/torque gain to be had? I am assuming the real gains would come with a boss intake? Just trying to figure out what, if any, gains are to be had by us stock manifold folks.

cheaper alternative to 85mm or 84.5mm TB. Driveability issues are a myth lol

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
well, I'm going to scrap this idea. Looks like Lund and AED will not support it so I'm assuming most others won't. Even if you say that you'll datalog and pay, don't bother. Looks like it'll be a PITA to dial in.

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
well, I'm going to scrap this idea. Looks like Lund and AED will not support it so I'm assuming most others won't. Even if you say that you'll datalog and pay, don't bother. Looks like it'll be a PITA to dial in.

Shaun and I discussed using this along with the GT350 intake and he had no issue trying to remote tune it for the 87mm tb. Obviously no promises but he did not have an issue trying. So perhaps there is something else as at play here?

kingcobra323

Established Member
@thevikingrl I'm banking that he is able to tune you flawlessly that way i can try on my car. Love the sleeper look

cobrasnake2003

Established Member
Shaun and I discussed using this along with the GT350 intake and he had no issue trying to remote tune it for the 87mm tb. Obviously no promises but he did not have an issue trying. So perhaps there is something else as at play here?

On a 15-16 car or 11-14 car?

AKDMB

Established Member
Still a tuning noob myself, but tuners should be able to use the Ford throttle data from the GT350 tune, right? I don't think the torque tables need tuning, but who knows. I trust Shaun and the other tuners though.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member

Not sure what else is at play. Asked "adding a gt350 tb, get a tune update". And told no that it's too much of a hassle. Pretty much that it would be a pain to do so why try. Nothing crazy or odd. Just reg mods and add a 350 tb. I'm sure the 15/16 guys doing this there's no issue.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Or if adding the intake with the tb versus just the tb only is making the difference.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what else is at play. Asked "adding a gt350 tb, get a tune update". And told no that it's too much of a hassle. Pretty much that it would be a pain to do so why try. Nothing crazy or odd. Just reg mods and add a 350 tb. I'm sure the 15/16 guys doing this there's no issue.

Dunno. I hope he doesn't give up on mine or I'll be back to finding someone local.

Redline8k

Established Member
wow this is disappointing. I was looking forward on seeing the gains of a ported IM Boss or stock compared to the stock TB. I guess thats why the 90mm TB gets a bad rap.
Keep trying. someone will take the time, if even for curiosity.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Hopefully he presses on with your tuning so we can see if it would have been worth it or not. For me, I now have a nice paper weight for work. Maybe sell it and the adapter on here.

What is MMR's thoughts on this?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
When I spoke to MMR they did not have any direct advise on who/how to tune it. When I pressed them for a tuner suggestion they only responded with who they would NOT use. Don't want to start a pissing contest so I'll just leave it there.

nate714

Established Member
In Shaun's defense, if I were a tuner I wouldn't take on more than one client to tune something experimental, especially when it's of such questionable gains compared to a proven (but more expensive) method.

Unless you are building and porting everything for bigger diameters all around, that 87mm is going to be the odd link in the intake chain. For most people who will only do the simplest bolt on's, that is like running stock headers, cats, h pipe, huge 3 inch over axle pipes, and a stock muffler. Yes there could be gains from a bigger TB but if the pieces of the chain don't match well it's not going to run anywhere near it's potential and likely to disrupt flow.

edit to clarify I'm not knocking the 87mm TB. For the value shopper or someone taking the time to port everything, this adapter sounds absolutely awesome. I'm just not buying the sales pitch that it's any superior than existing options for a simple bolt on. It's a better price and a bigger option for people who are doing significantly more than simple bolt ons, the same crowd who might consider the 90mm and ported everything. This definitely sounds better than the 90.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
When I spoke to MMR they did not have any direct advise on who/how to tune it. When I pressed them for a tuner suggestion they only responded with who they would NOT use. Don't want to start a pissing contest so I'll just leave it there.

Nice.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
In Shaun's defense, if I were a tuner I wouldn't take on more than one client to tune something experimental, especially when it's of such questionable gains compared to a proven (but more expensive) method.

Unless you are building and porting everything for bigger diameters all around, that 87mm is going to be the odd link in the intake chain. For most people who will only do the simplest bolt on's, that is like running stock headers, cats, h pipe, huge 3 inch over axle pipes, and a stock muffler. Yes there could be gains from a bigger TB but if the pieces of the chain don't match well it's not going to run anywhere near it's potential and likely to disrupt flow.

I can see a tuner not wanting to take on several jobs on something new. But all you have to say is that you're doing R&D on the gt350 tb and to wait. Not just blow you off like you're being a nuisance. And there's better ways to saying no I don't want to play with that tb. I planned on and started to port my boss intake. Intake side of my heads have a slight massage done to the openings. And I plan on long tubes soon. Already have cat deletes, X pipe and borla catback.

Users who are viewing this thread