Bolt on the GT350 Throttle Body to your 2011-16 GT Manifold with this new MMR adapter

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There is no point. The stock/Boss Intake manifold opening is 83MM. Same reason I do not support the 90MM Throttle bodies.

Correct, but it doesnt have a large shaft and blade through the center either. If you do the calculation of the area, a larger throttle body is still beneficial (on a flow bench), and dont forget, the manifold can also be opened slightly. We certainly agree however, the 90mm is a waste!

nate714

Established Member
Price = Lower , Diameter = Larger, Idle quality/OE drivabilty = better , we would say this is a no brainer and a great buy!

I'm not an expert, engine builder, or tuner, and I'm not trying to knock your product, I think it's awesome, definitely more affordable option than an 85mm aftermarket TB, and I'm sure it's better than the stock 80mm, but my experience with the BBK 85mm TB I haven't had any loss in idle quality or drive-ability. If this was an option when I purchased my TB I would've probably gone with the MMR adapter. Doesn't sound better though just more cost effective for the same gain.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Probably need a bigger tube to TB coupler with this huh? Just ordered this and bought a TB on ebay for $100 shipped.

You will need a 4" coupler for the new TB, assuming you have an appropriate CAI. I have the Airaid CF kit on my car and the opening is actually even larger than 87mm. Fortunately the TB and intake are close enough for the 4" coupler to work on both sides. This is the one I bought but it's a pretty generic item.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnt-30302-4

=HYPERDRIVE=

Will the engine plenum cover on 11-14 fit with the gt350 throttle body on? I search for a used low priced accufab 84.5 from time to time, but I might consider the GT350 87mm if it wont conflict with the engine plenum cover.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Will the engine plenum cover on 11-14 fit with the gt350 throttle body on? I search for a used low priced accufab 84.5 from time to time, but I might consider the GT350 87mm if it wont conflict with the engine plenum cover.

You have two issue, one easy and one a little more involved. Good news is all the runners like up identically to the stock Coyote intake. You will have to trim the back of the cover slightly to clear the charge motion valve actuator mounting locations. Bad news is you also have to fabricate the mounting points for the cover since none exist on the GT350 intake. I ordered some ultra high density foam to build up a base and going to route out some ABS plastic to sit on top of it as the receiver plate. This will then be epoxied to the manifold. It sounds more complicated than it probably is, but it certainly not without effort.

I would post up some pictures to help explain better but photobucket.com seems to have gone full-retard again so will do this later.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member

Just re-read and realized you are only talking about the 87mm TB. But to answer your question, yes it still fits inside the stock cover. To Shaun's post earlier, it maybe somewhat of a wasted effort without at least porting the stock manifold inlet to accommodate.

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
Wonder if this throttle body would fit with the Paxton... If so, guarantee it would help out if the inlet of the stock manifold was ported... Hmmmm

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
My GT350 TB arrived today and proof that the TB connector from my 14 Mustang GT works. Now I just have to wait for the adapter and port my boss intake.

Attachments

• GT350 TB.JPG
    GT350 TB.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 4,135

Redline8k

Established Member
where did you get the new TB?
also just to be clear someone said the airraid intake did not taper down and was larger than 87mm? How much do you think you will need to port the boss intake?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Bought mine off eBay for 100 shipped. Not sure about Airaid but the jlt cai for the gt350 is 4.5" at the tb according to them. Might have to see if that intake can be used on our cars or fab one up. I might have to port it close or beyond the boss intake to gasket. I'll know more one I start it or if someone else does it first.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
The Accufab uses a Ford drive motor. I've also driven the BBK. They both drive factory like. To say anything aftermarket can't drive like a factory unit isn't wholly accurate. Neither of them showed any TQ loss, simply an internet myth.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Ive used multiple tbs on mustangs and lightnings. Out of them, bbk wasn't the best. Accufab was always nice. But a stock looking set up though is nice

cobrasnake2003

Established Member
Bought mine off eBay for 100 shipped. Not sure about Airaid but the jlt cai for the gt350 is 4.5" at the tb according to them. Might have to see if that intake can be used on our cars or fab one up. I might have to port it close or beyond the boss intake to gasket. I'll know more one I start it or if someone else does it first.

Just ordered the GT350 CAI yesterday. Going to see if it will mount up correctly or with little modification once all the parts get here.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member

Airaid CAI mounts up fine with a 4" coupler hose. Its TB side opening is around 95mm, at least on the carbon version.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
anyone have this completed yet? any driveability issues or dyno gains?

i have the airaid intake tube and not the full CAI system wondering if it will mount up

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Just ordered the GT350 CAI yesterday. Going to see if it will mount up correctly or with little modification once all the parts get here.

Nice! Let's us know how it goes. I kept eyeing it today and wanted to buy it.

It might come down to data logging it for your tuner or dyno tune. I'm going to ask Lund what his thoughts are. And sounds like the Airaid should stretch over it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread