BMR Watts Link - Teaser

Voltwings

Established Member
Damn... guess i just gotta schedule another track day some time after that haha.

Voltwings

Established Member
we'll be at MSR, luckily my GF was home from work today, because i think the event literally filled up in like 20 minutes.

BMR Tech

Sorry for the delay guys! We are just swamped...

Here is a shot of the chassis mount brace / propeller mount I can share at this point.

I am pretty happy with this design. We have about 1200lbs worth of scrap metal, from all the Chassis Mount kits we have scrapped.

IMG_9532.jpg

IMG_9533.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9548.jpg

Hope to be able to share the other pics soon. Trying to be careful on what I share at this time....for a few reasons. ;)

I was going to share these pics a few weeks ago, but I wanted to ensure this was the design we were aiming for.

str3ck

Established Member
just as soon as I can order one in the hammered finish to match all my other BMR parts, you'll have a guaranteed order.

chao5.0

Established Member
why not add a spacer in the drop bracket where the panhard bar use to bolt in that way the bracket doesn't flex when tightening down the watts link on the passenger side.

Tyler72

Established Member
Kelly, I haven't done much with car suspension, but I have built many 4 links in my time. Figuring geometry is no easy task, but its just numbers. I am not certain I like the axle mounts. To me, they Dont need to be adjustable up and down. That's why you have adjustment on the cross frame structure. To me, the mounts aren't loading the square tube in a manner I'd be comfortable with. Also, to keep up/down flex out of the arm, I'd like to see more than 2 bolts where it attaches to the axle bracket. To really simplify that, just make the axle end fixed. No reason to have it adjustable there.

BMR Tech

Kelly, I haven't done much with car suspension, but I have built many 4 links in my time. Figuring geometry is no easy task, but its just numbers. I am not certain I like the axle mounts. To me, they Dont need to be adjustable up and down. That's why you have adjustment on the cross frame structure. To me, the mounts aren't loading the square tube in a manner I'd be comfortable with. Also, to keep up/down flex out of the arm, I'd like to see more than 2 bolts where it attaches to the axle bracket. To really simplify that, just make the axle end fixed. No reason to have it adjustable there.

I see what you are saying.

That said, the outer link height adjustments are definitely a superior method - in comparison to a fixed mount.

A fixed mount not only does not allow for close to parallel links....but it also requires rotating of the axle mounts upon intial set-up, and for various ride heights.

If you have a fixed outer mount when setting a chassis mount system up, you run into side to side length variations due to height changes (or lack of) AND fore/aft angle changes.

I also see what you mean about the two bolts. That is why we tried to make as much surface area as possible on the base of the mount, to the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread