BMR Watts Link - Teaser

chao5.0

Established Member
Might as well ask it here. Adv/disadv of axle vs differential mounted?

I honestly don't know and need to make up my mind if BMR is going to offer both.

from my understanding with the chassis mounted version the roll center is constant where as with the diff mounted version it moves up and down with the diff.

chao5.0

Established Member
Ok but is one "better" than the other?

people say because the roll center is constant with the chassis mounted one it is better, either one is far better than a panhard bar setup but unless you're car is dialed in to thousandths of a second on lap times I doubt one is better than they other on a street car. I prefer a chassis mounted version as long as I don't have to remove it in order to service the rear diff, with a diff mounted one you have to pull the whole assembly off to do service or inspections.

there is a suspension sticky on modded mustangs about it and the guy whiskey explains it better, I personally am not all that great at explaining things in great detail, but I do understand the differences.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Steeda says the chassis mounted one is better, i don't like the the jungle gym look of their unit. Also you have to consider what most mustang track guys tend to use, and thats the diff mounted ones. But if you have a ford 9 inch rear you have to use the chasis mounted one. Also I like the fill and drain plugs on the cover and the ease of adjustability of the diff mounted 1..

mackdog2008

Established Member
Steeda says the chassis mounted one is better, i don't like the the jungle gym look of their unit. Also you have to consider what most mustang track guys tend to use, and thats the diff mounted ones. But if you have a ford 9 inch rear you have to use the chasis mounted one. Also I like the fill and drain plugs on the cover and the ease of adjustability of the diff mounted 1..

Bmr will not be supplying a diff cover with there diff mounted watts.

They are making it to where you can use what ever diff cover you want.

BMR Tech

Just remember, innovators are often the first to release products, and also among the last.

It would be easy to throw some parts out there, based on other designs. If we cared more about sales volume, and less about our reputation, these pieces would have been available years ago. We actually designed a Watts, Torque arm, and some other pieces back in 2005/2006 that were never released.

Also, I will touch on the Watts (chassis VS diff mount) a little later when I get some time.

Rdrcr

Established Member
Just remember, innovators are often the first to release products, and also among the last.

It would be easy to throw some parts out there, based on other designs. If we cared more about sales volume, and less about our reputation, these pieces would have been available years ago. We actually designed a Watts, Torque arm, and some other pieces back in 2005/2006 that were never released.

Also, I will touch on the Watts (chassis VS diff mount) a little later when I get some time.

If possible, can you share the estimated weight of both versions?

And, will you folks be willing to offer a Group Buy?

Mike

BMR Tech

We plan on releasing it in mid November.

I will try and get some sweet pics up soon! We are super swamped.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
We plan on releasing it in mid November.

I will try and get some sweet pics up soon! We are super swamped.

I've been putting off buying the Whiteline unit for almost 2 months thinking this unit would be done by now, considering the pics you guys posted pretty much showed a complete functioning unit. November, really??

I understand releasing a product that won't require additional revisions after its first release.

Rant over :)

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Testing, testing and more testing.

It will not hurt my feelings if someone wants to go ahead and buy another kit. I am sure several have done so, actually, because of how long it has taken.

What you guys have to realize is that we make parts for 15+ different chassis's. You only see what I post about on forums, generally (Mustang related). What you see on these forums, is duplicated on the GM forums...Pro Touring, Muscle car, etc etc etc. We are releasing (2) different style Watts for the '93-'02 GM crowd in a few days, and many other parts as well. That's a lot of work. :)

Keep in mind, we also just released a new set of LCA, and are about to release our new sway bars.....as well as 6 new sets of lowering springs.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

It will not hurt my feelings if someone wants to go ahead and buy another kit. I am sure several have done so, actually, because of how long it has taken.

What you guys have to realize is that we make parts for 15+ different chassis's. You only see what I post about on forums, generally (Mustang related). What you see on these forums, is duplicated on the GM forums...Pro Touring, Muscle car, etc etc etc. We are releasing (2) different style Watts for the '93-'02 GM crowd in a few days, and many other parts as well. That's a lot of work. :)

Keep in mind, we also just released a new set of LCA, and are about to release our new sway bars.....as well as 6 new sets of lowering springs.

getting it done!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member

Ummm... hi, I'd like to inquire about said sway bar and how one can be involved in said testing :)

mackdog2008

Established Member

Hey Kelly do you think you can give us an update and maybe some pictures?

BMR Tech

Hey Kelly do you think you can give us an update and maybe some pictures?

Update is, we made some revisions over the past few days. We are getting VERY close.

I should be posting some new teasers, very very soon. Hopefully today, or tomorrow.

The diff mounted version is done. It doesn't look anything like the teasers I have shared thus far - unfortunately. We could not make it work for a few reasons.

The version that I will be posting about shortly...will be the Chassis Mounted kit. It will be the first kit that we release, and I am still hoping for release in early/mid November.

BMR Tech

No. Actually, it is way different.

We have two "diff mounted" versions that we are trying to decide on.

One version is a plate, that mounts to the differential mounting bolts. This is "similar" to one, or a few out there.

The other, is a completely unique BMR Design.....that attaches a plate to between the diff cover, and the pumpkin. Like my teaser photos show.

The second version I mentioned, is proving to be very difficult. Clearance issues are become a nightmare. Clearance with all of our rear products is key - very important. Makes our job harder - we make too many parts! lol

The Chassis mount kit, is basically a brace that goes from the panhard bar mounting point on the pass side, over to the PHR Support mount on the driver side. A plate (propeller mount) is then integrated into it. This version has clamps on the axle (which are also giving us a hard time) that attach the links to the plate brace.

I will show some pics soon. I just don't want to post them until I know that the design is what we want - and of course, recently.....sharing stuff prematurely has bitten us in the ass (company sees what we are doing, drops what they are doing to copy our product/idea/price)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Update is, we made some revisions over the past few days. We are getting VERY close.

I should be posting some new teasers, very very soon. Hopefully today, or tomorrow.

The diff mounted version is done. It doesn't look anything like the teasers I have shared thus far - unfortunately. We could not make it work for a few reasons.

The version that I will be posting about shortly...will be the Chassis Mounted kit. It will be the first kit that we release, and I am still hoping for release in early/mid November.

Sounds like it's time to post more pics.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread