BMR Tech's S550 Mustang Build: Street/Strip

BMR Tech

Unfortunately, I won't be making it to the Coyote Shootout this weekend.

Fortunately, the modding continues.

Assisting Viking Performance with some rear shock and coilover designs out back. These are the "Crusader" series Double Adjustable pieces - which are their higher end shocks with a superior Rebound Valving technology.

I will be using the shocks initially, then I will use the Coilovers once I get a little more data compiled on the rear suspension system on this car. Motion Ratios in regards to rates, travel, etc.

20141121_173141.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Kelly, thanks for providing some data on the FRPP half-shafts. I wouldn't have expected an 18lb gain from them alone. I agree with you though, they are a heck of an insurance policy.

Something else - the bracket for the top of the shocks. Is that a casting? Can you provide any shots of it or the factory bracket? I've yet to see any shots of them, anywhere. My wild ass guess would be that the factory Ford bracket is a stamping, yes?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Come on Kelly! We're all dying to hear some dyno #'s & see some time slips!:banana:

Did you make the shootout this weekend?

BMR Tech

I hope they will be available to share soon. Been really busy lately, and things just haven't gone in that direction.

I was able to attend the shootout to give out the awards we sponsored....but was not able to make any passes in my car. (great event BTW)

It's coming soon I hope. ;)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Damn, those FRPP shafts are beefy. The Ford Racing guys kept telling me that these things were tough, but the difference between them and stock is surprising. Wow.

BMR Tech

People have been calling, emailing, and PM'ing me about updates. I realized I have been slacking.

This time of year is super hectic. I am doing my best to juggle this build, S550 Suspension development, trade shows...and of course Holiday functions.

Anyhow;

I am set to get some dyno results, and some track passes next week if everything goes smoothly. I am going to start the fine tuning on the car on Monday, the 15th. If everything works out, I plan on trying to hit up the drag strip Thursday, the 18th.

As for the car, I decided to do a few visual mods in the meantime. I ordered up a Vinyl Tint kit for it from Jason at Anchor Room.

http://www.anchor-room.com/product_info.php?cPath=61_121_89_130&products_id=18154

I think for $53....this is going to make a huge difference. I also plan on blacking out the front pony...the 5.0 side emblems, the Rear GT emblem and the Exhaust Tips.

My good friend Seth @ SOS Tint here in Tampa is going to be doing a "black out" tint job on the car, which should make a huge difference as well.

I have been seeing a lot of talk about Diode Dynamics lighting. I had an LED light conversion in my 2004 Cobra, and loved it....so I figure these will make a super nice addition to my '15.

20141209_143524.jpg

LED interior lighting is the way to go. Thanks to Steve and the Crew at Diode Dynamics for sending these out to me so quickly!

As for the suspension, I have a few prototype pieces under the car. I will give more details as time comes....but I fully anticipate to be running the full BMR Set-Up VERY soon.

10827934_929041223780216_4851659591777098926_o.jpg

The brakes! The Aerospace Brakes I got, I am so anxious to install. I am awaiting some custom brake lines, and I will be bolting them on asap. These things are so nice, and check out how light.

20141209_133936.jpg

To put that into perspective....the PP Mustang ROTOR ONLY is 34lbs....per side! lol....

Hopefully I can have some videos of the car on the dyno early next week, stay tuned, more to come!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Great update Kelly! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see you grab that single digit slip first time out!! I will be sure to be there to cheer you on buddy

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Love the brakes! I'm so jealous!

Your tinting the windows? I thought that was against NHRA rules. I remember on more then one occasion at an NMRA race of them having guys strip off their tint while in the tech line. That was back in 2003 to 2005 though... They said they have to be able to see the driver at the starting line. I know I have seen tint on test & tune nights, did they change this rule?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Love the brakes! I'm so jealous!

Your tinting the windows? I thought that was against NHRA rules. I remember on more then one occasion at an NMRA race of them having guys strip off their tint while in the tech line. That was back in 2003 to 2005 though... They said they have to be able to see the driver at the starting line. I know I have seen tint on test & tune nights, did they change this rule?

We'll see what happens. Florida = Must have tint.

Thanks J!

Street cars have power windows :) Just roll em down before staging and they can see all they want. haha

REDS197

Established Member
people have been calling, emailing, and pm'ing me about updates. I realized i have been slacking.
I am set to get some dyno results, and some track passes next week if everything goes smoothly. I am going to start the fine tuning on the car on monday, the 15th. If everything works out, i plan on trying to hit up the drag strip thursday, the 18th.

Updates? ^

BMR Tech

So, now it is time to focus on getting this thing ready for NMRA.

Ken Bjonnes of Lund Racing has decided to go ahead and tackle the tuning on the car. I am heading down to South Florida this Friday to drop the car off with him, in an effort to get this thing out running and setting records.

As for the car....I REALLY need to get this thing cleaned up and get some pics. This car is SWEET!

What size are those Aerospace rotors?

Those are 13" Rotors. They are awesome - I really like them!

Dadz500

Established Member
I think kelly is on the hunt for 9s with the IRS and I'm sure he'll do it.

Hey Justin - I think it is time you change your signature. Your 2012 Boss is no longer 'stock', at least the last time I saw and read about it. I need to call you also about getting a tune done on my 15'.

Users who are viewing this thread