BMR Tech's S550 Mustang Build: Street/Strip

Dadz500

Established Member
This is going to be a bada$$ car! I also can't wait to see what you guys come up with for suspension kits. I really want to get something soon with all the bushing upgrades that are needed, coil-overs, and convertible braces that can be had, etc. I just want it done right and to handle the power without issues or wheel hop. Mine will also be supercharged with exhaust but that is it for power adders. The rest is all cosmetics. I have it sitting on lowering springs now but no way to fine tune for the look I want.

BMR Tech

Got some test hits in on Friday night. Very happy with the results, I will share them soon.

For now I can tell you, the car hauls ass. The passes were made on a soft tune....to get some trans data...and make some small tweaks before I add the big power tune up to it.

Let's just say, there aren't many TVS cars quicker, especially with stock motors.....and it was run on about 90rwhp and 500 RPM shifts less than what it will be run on soon. And it was also in street trim, with no weight taken out.

Going to be a screamer! Updates with details coming!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Awesome to hear Buddy! :beer:

Mine was on the dyno this weekend... I'll be picking it up from Lidio this coming weekend. We're just waiting for the snow to melt now up here in the north! Lol!

Last edited:

BMR Tech

So the car made a handful of passes down the track the other night. I would be lying if I said I am not extremely thrilled with the results.

This car is being covered through various media outlets, so the power level and ET's - I am somewhat limited on exact specifics. So that said;

The car is making KILLER power. The slip below is at roughly 3800lbs raceweight, and is on a soft/base tune. Power, Shifts, and RPM are about as conservative as it gets with my combo, on this specific pass.

First%20Pass.jpg

For now, that's all I can really share.

Rest assured, the posted results in about a week from now are REALLY going to be nice. ;)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Backhalfing 30mph??? She's makin some powah!!! Can't wait to see how she does the next time out!

BMR Tech

Well, in the interest of not oiling down tracks.....I have decided to do a quick engine upgrade.

The car is making so much power right now with the VMP Gen II....I am really nervous about trying to push OEM parts so far.

That said, I will likely be throwing a new shortblock in that consists of an FRPP Engine Block, Mahle Pistons, Manley Rods and a new stock Crank.

I may use the stock stuff (pistons/rods/crank) for a project side build, high RPM N/A type deal.

BMR Tech

Any time you might want to put some parts on your website would be nice.

As soon as testing is completed, and initial batches are built and ready - we put them on our site.

The consumer should be happy that we do this, it ensures you get what you pay for. ;)

Lagometer

Established Member
As soon as testing is completed, and initial batches are built and ready - we put them on our site.

The consumer should be happy that we do this, it ensures you get what you pay for. ;)

I'm not complaining about your outstanding quality. I want to show my Mustang the love you put into your parts and kits.

Users who are viewing this thread