Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Finally caught up to your current progress and it definitely doesn't disappoint. Congrats on the journey so far, now for the final push to get it over the line then you get to enjoy the ride.

What's up Grabber?!?!?!? Was wondering where you were at brother!

Yes sir, just a few more bugs/details to work out. Need to fix my alternator. Need to program my speedo. Need to install my passenger seat. Then it's administrative with insurance, inspection and registration.

ALMOST there LOL................

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Woo Hoo..... ( Thanks for the heads up @01yellercobra )

Just found out the show is officially on and registration is now open.

I have officially registered today to attend with my 65 :D(y).

MBTB 2022 Flyer.jpg

BTW, this is a checklist (which I like) that they came up with to help you determine what class you should be in (i.e. stock, personalized or modified).

Any score of 51 or higher is considered modified. Based on my math I scored 150 points LMAO!!! Guess I'm just a bit outside the personalized category :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:...

MBTB 2022 Classification Checklist.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I haven't looked too deep into it, is that list for you old folks.....I mean classic car owners?

No it's for everyone LOL. That way you can determine if your 04 is personalized or modified LOL.

However, I do think the old folks (i.e. Classic car owners) are the only ones who have a pure stock class. Everyone else is stock/personalized or modified.

This is the list for the classes:
MBTB 2022 Classes.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'm getting ready to bring my Dad's 57 T-Bird to my house. So, I've been cleaning up the garage.

Man, feels like forever since I've seen my diecast collection (I had them covered with plastic bags to keep overspray off and out of the cases). Pretty SWEET!

Overall of the collection.
20220423_200857.jpg

Fox Body Collection. I have a few more to add now. Purchased a couple while I was building the 65.
20220423_200922.jpg

Cobra Collection. Need to add the CO I purchased. See the empty spot waiting for it LOL....
20220423_200932.jpg

Replicas of my Cobra and Roush.....
20220423_200951.jpg

This one needs to be updated now LOL.....
20220423_201005.jpg

This was always my dream 65. If I knew I was going to repaint the whole car I may have tried to pull this paint job off.

What do you guys think? Would this have been badass or do you like it how it is now better????
20220423_201016.jpg

FJohnny

Established Member
One whispers pure class while the other shouts at the top of its lungs, "Please pull me over and give me a ticket for something. Anything."

You have nailed it. Unlike many, you'll never have to ask yourself, "What the hell was I thinking?"

Congratulations.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello @C2tuck, @01yellercobra, @FJohnny and @DSG2003Mach1!!!

Really appreciate you guys chiming in on the paint job question. I agree with you guys in the end. The checkered paint job is loud and for a younger person. The paint job I put on the car pays homage to the 60's style Shelby's and will always be in style no matter how old I get or as times/styles change.

You guys always keep me grounded LOL... Appreciate the responses brothers.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Well today was a VERY long day.......

Look what arrived in the garage today.....
20220424_185759.jpg

20220424_185745.jpg

20220424_185724 a.jpg

20220424_185657 a.jpg

It's like the old man and the young buck sitting side by side LMAO!!!

Man, was it a long day today. My Dad and I couldn't get the T-Bird to start. So, after trying for an hour we figured the fuel pump went bad as no fuel is being pumped to the carburetor. When we sprayed starting fluid it would start. But, no fuel was getting in the bowls. Even the squirters were not pushing fuel into the intake.

So, we ended up going to my brother's house and picking up the trailer. Went back, loaded the T-Bird up and brought it to my house. I'll see about getting a new fuel pump or a rebuild kit and get it going.

Since we were cranking on it continually I figured the battery was drained. So, I hooked it up to my battery tender to get it back to 100%.

However, it is pretty cool seeing a 57 T-Bird and 65 Mustang sitting in my garage :D (y)..... Hope my neighbors don't think I'm a drug dealer ROFLMAO!!!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
What's up Boogie Man?

I get them from a place called Carney Plastics.

Thanks for the quick reply

Put up two levels of wood shelves in my garage for my diecasts and models I've built but wishing I had gone the route you did

It need not be said, but you did an amazing job. Enjoy every second with her

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
It need not be said, but you did an amazing job. Enjoy every second with her

Thank you Boogie Man! Very cool of you to say. Friday was my Dad's B-Day. I invited him over so I could take him out to dinner. Of course I had to show him the car and fire it up for him too.

Now my Dad is VERY meticulous when it comes to cars. Always pointing stuff out. Kind of like Al Bundy saying "Yep, I see some dirt on the round thing!" ROFLMAO!!!

But in this case he did not say one negative thing about my 65 and was giving it a through once over. He had a look on his face that made me very proud. His look told me he did not expect me to build something to this level. It was a great day for me to see my Dad like that when it came to my build.

My parents do not come over that often, so it had been a while since he last seen it. He told me I built one hell of a car. So, although it was my Dad's B-Day, I felt like I got the gift :D........

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Seeing your Mustang sitting there in your garage is making me ask if you have a premium car cover for it.

No Bob, not yet sir. I have car covers for my Vert, Cobra and Roush because they sit outside under a carport behind a locked gate.

Also, my garage is off limits and is not used as a pass through for groceries or people having to go in there for supplies or anything. Therefore, I'm the only one who is around it 99.99% of the time. So, as of now I do not have a cover for it and use my compressed air to blow the dust off or I run my California Car Cover Duster over it from time to time.

I will probably get an indoor cover for both the 65 and 57 once I get everything finished up. 65 still needs a few more things done and the fuel issue on the 57 needs to be addressed.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Thank you Boogie Man! Very cool of you to say. Friday was my Dad's B-Day. I invited him over so I could take him out to dinner. Of course I had to show him the car and fire it up for him too.

Now my Dad is VERY meticulous when it comes to cars. Always pointing stuff out. Kind of like Al Bundy saying "Yep, I see some dirt on the round thing!" ROFLMAO!!!

But in this case he did not say one negative thing about my 65 and was giving it a through once over. He had a look on his face that made me very proud. His look told me he did not expect me to build something to this level. It was a great day for me to see my Dad like that when it came to my build.

My parents do not come over that often, so it had been a while since he last seen it. He told me I built one hell of a car. So, although it was my Dad's B-Day, I felt like I got the gift :D........

Something about an apple and a tree, come to mind. lol

Users who are viewing this thread