Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Next thing I did was complete my hydraulic clutch tubing. I had it up to the transmission, but not completed because I needed to see where the line from the throw-out bearing would land. So, I got that all buttoned up. It technically is ready to be bled.

Here the hardline is completed and connected to the throw-out bearing line.
20210703_094315_resized.jpg

Throw-out bearing lines coming out of the bellhousing.
20210703_094323_resized.jpg

Here you can see I installed the cover on the bellhousing. It normally covers the clutch cable/fork. However, I'm using it to keep dirt, water and other contaminants out of the clutch/pressure plate area. Yes, I will have it powder coated later. I need to have some other items powder coated too, so I will not bled this yet and get everything powder coated at the same time.
20210703_114936_resized.jpg

I drilled a hole at the back of the cover for the lines to pass through. I will install a grommet once it's powder coated. Note: that plug on the transmission is for my back up lights. I tested them and they work too :D...
20210703_115007_resized.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
And the last thing I did was try to figure out how I'm going to route my radiator tubes/hoses.

I seen another car with theirs routed this way and it looked okay. After looking at it on my set up I am NOT happy with it at all.
20210703_105539_resized.jpg

UHG, This looks like dog S#!T. :mad:
20210703_105607_resized.jpg

I took a break and thought about it. Then I went back in the garage and came up with a different idea. I am going to have my fabricator clean these up for me. The area at the radiator I will have shortened and that will move the tubing closer to the fan/radiator. The area in the middle, that is current connected by the black hose, I will have my fabricator weld in a piece of tubing and make it a solid piece.
20210703_165625_resized.jpg

Lastly, I will have my fabricator make a radiator cover for me. I will paint it body color and then install it. This will cover up about 80% of the radiator tubing (which I will have powder coated with the hydraulic line cover). Once the radiator cover is installed it should finish off the engine compartment nicely. That's the plan. We will see how it gets executed LOL.
20210703_165637_resized.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Wow! Interior looks amazing! The light is getting so much brighter!

Thank you geoffmt! Yes sir. I was doubting myself, but after this week I think the car is well on it's way to be completed in the next couple of months. I thinking August :D.

That interior is awesome!

Thank you Brady! I was wondering if it would look good, but now that I actually see it I like it a lot. I was sitting in the car last night just listening to music and checking out the interior LOL. It was pretty cool..... My wife thinks I'm silly LOL.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you geoffmt! Yes sir. I was doubting myself, but after this week I think the car is well on it's way to be completed in the next couple of months. I thinking August :D.

Thank you Brady! I was wondering if it would look good, but now that I actually see it I like it a lot. I was sitting in the car last night just listening to music and checking out the interior LOL. It was pretty cool..... My wife thinks I'm silly LOL.
I can guarantee you I'd do the same thing!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And the last thing I did was try to figure out how I'm going to route my radiator tubes/hoses.

I seen another car with theirs routed this way and it looked okay. After looking at it on my set up I am NOT happy with it at all.
View attachment 1710661

UHG, This looks like dog S#!T. :mad:
View attachment 1710662

I took a break and thought about it. Then I went back in the garage and came up with a different idea. I am going to have my fabricator clean these up for me. The area at the radiator I will have shortened and that will move the tubing closer to the fan/radiator. The area in the middle, that is current connected by the black hose, I will have my fabricator weld in a piece of tubing and make it a solid piece.
View attachment 1710665

Lastly, I will have my fabricator make a radiator cover for me. I will paint it body color and then install it. This will cover up about 80% of the radiator tubing (which I will have powder coated with the hydraulic line cover). Once the radiator cover is installed it should finish off the engine compartment nicely. That's the plan. We will see how it gets executed LOL.
View attachment 1710667
I really like your plan, Glenn. That tubing is a major focal point in the engine bay, and the first idea really detracts from the overall beauty of the engine bay. Your new plan won't change it being a focal point, but the focal point will COMPLEMENT the engine bay! Can't wait to see how it looks after the install.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I really like your plan, Glenn. That tubing is a major focal point in the engine bay, and the first idea really detracts from the overall beauty of the engine bay. Your new plan won't change it being a focal point, but the focal point will COMPLEMENT the engine bay! Can't wait to see how it looks after the install.
Thank you Bob! Really appreciate your feedback sir. I agree with you and think everything has to 'flow" or it won't give me the look I'm trying to achieve.

I obviously have to have an upper radiator hose/tube, but it doesn't have to be an eye sore lol.

I think by bringing it in closer to the radiator that will allow the radiator cover to clean up the look and give me a little more exposure of the engine.

I'll have to wait and see what my fabricator thinks or see if he has any better ideas.

Thanks again Bob!

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
coming right along.

Your rework of the radiator pipe is much better. My only thought is - what about a 90 degree fitting off the radiator, face it to the pass side. Use either hose, or pipe I guess, tucked up against the fan shroud then another 90 it could come straight across to the motor. the radiator cover could be made to hide most of it from the front/sides.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
coming right along.

Your rework of the radiator pipe is much better. My only thought is - what about a 90 degree fitting off the radiator, face it to the pass side. Use either hose, or pipe I guess, tucked up against the fan shroud then another 90 it could come straight across to the motor. the radiator cover could be made to hide most of it from the front/sides.
Thank you DSG! Your thought process, as far as routing, is exactly the same as mine.

However, you just gave me a great idea. I'm going to have my fabricator weld a 90 degree pipe directly to my radiator.

Then I'll use a hose to connect the tube facing the passenger side to route to my thermostat housing. I think this will allow me to pull the tubing in really close to the fan/shroud.

Sweet! Thank you DSG! Now, I'm excited about the upper radiator tube :)....

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay everyone,

I have some news......

Guess who I got in contact with today? Dave Kindig's parts department.

I actually spoke to a person and didn't need to leave a message lol.

I'm trying to see if a part they created for a build of their's if they can recreate the same part for my car.

Right now the individual is checking on it for me. Once I hear back from them I'll let you guys know what they say and which part it is and if they can do it or not.

Pretty cool that Kindig might be making a custom part for my build. Sweet!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay everyone,

Just got back home from Austin. Had a really good time, but it was raining a little more than I liked.

I went to the Circuit of Americas Formula One track. They have a serious go kart track there. I wanted to take a go kart out for a spin, but the track was rained out. The main track was closed too. Oh well, at least I was there LMAO!!!

Outside the track.
20210709_132458_resized.jpg

Go Kart track.
20210709_132503_resized.jpg

Here's an Ariel shot of the go kart track from the website. Man, too bad it had to rain....:(:mad:... LOL.
Karting.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Ok,

Here is what is going on with the Kindig situation.

I have been looking for an air filter kit for my 8 stack injection for a very long time.

Borla offers 3 options:

Option 1: a bug screen. This is what I currently have and I am not satisfied this will provide enough filtration for my engine. It is very dry where I live and sand is blown around often and I don't want it in my engine.
Air bug domes.jpg

Option 2: Screens. This is way better than the bug domes, but I don't like the way they look.
Air screens.jpg

Option 3: Mini filters. These would work function wise, but again I do not like the way they look.
Air filters.jpg

This is a picture of a Roush crate motor. It's called the 427IR. After talking to Kindig I called Roush and was referred to the crate engine department. I called the crate engine department and left a message. While I was driving to Austin I received a call back from Roush. I asked if I could purchase this air filter kit. The individual did not know, but said they would get back with me. The next day the Roush rep called me back and said they do not have those parts in stock/no spares and their manufacture was not making them any more. So, dead-end here.........
Air Filter Roush.jpg

As mentioned previously, I was watching Bitchin Rides and seen that in Season 7, Episode 7 they built a 1951 Ford pick up truck and they used a Borla 8 stack injection system. They built the below air filter system. So, I called them and asked them if they could make a set for me. I mean, look at it. It is a perfect match to my valve covers and my brake master cylinder cover. This is "EXACTLY" what I have been looking for.

The Kindig rep I spoke to said to send him an email with my request and pictures of my set up and what they built to see what they could do. I sent that email Tuesday afternoon and as of this post have not heard anything back yet. So, on Monday I'm going to send an email asking for an update. If I don't hear anything by Wednesday I'm going to send another request, but include Kevin (the shop manager) and keep going until they tell me they can do it or for me to piss off LMAO!!! Remember the squeaky wheel always gets the grease.... So, as of now I'm going with no news is good news because they have not said no yet :D......
20210706_143309_resized.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

Well, I got back from Austin on Saturday and was right back at it on Sunday LOL.

I got my grounding cable installed on my block and I got the LEDs in my cup holders wired up. I also installed my passenger side header in order to get the car ready to take to my fabricator and have an exhaust installed.

Then I received m new water neck since I'm trying to reroute my radiator tubes for a cleaner look.

Got my grounding cable attached to the motor mount/block.
20210711_095222_resized.jpg

Routing the grounding cable with the alternator and starter cables.
20210711_095200_resized.jpg

Can't even see the grounding cable under the other cables (Yes, I still have some cleaning up to do here).
20210711_095211_resized.jpg

Got my header installed.
20210711_102717_resized.jpg

Man, I love that reflection in the firewall :D...
20210711_102740_resized.jpg

I also finished my fuel hardline installation. Need to have the fuel hoses made to go from the hardline to the intake.
20210711_105204_resized.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
As mentioned I worked on my radiator tube routing.

Bought a new water neck to go straight out the intake.
20210711_102815_resized.jpg

Making sure my bypass hose clears.
20210711_102932_resized.jpg

I'm not running a heater, but I installed the bypass hose to allow the water to circulate a little until the thermostat opens up. On my last set up I did not run the bypass hose and my system built up so much pressure my upper radiator hose actually popped off.
20210711_102941_resized.jpg

Here you can see my lower radiator hose is way off. Going to need my fabricator to address this.
20210711_102957_resized.jpg

Took this picture after the LEDs in my cup holders were wired up. The white is too bright and this is on the lowest setting. I will probably use the Red color as it blends in a little better and red is not as bright. These are not hooked up with the lights. I have to manually turn the LEDs on and off. I don't want them on all the time, which is why I wired them this way.
20210711_205750_resized.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would imagine there's a good reflection anywhere you look in that engine compartment.

I know it's not ideal, but you could run some kind of filter on the street and remove them for the show.

And since we're all spending your money here, have you considered getting another set of valve covers like what you have and having your fab guy convert them to an air filter set up?

Users who are viewing this thread