Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
card looks good but they're going to have to search for your threads.

I would look at setting up something like Link tree and include a QR code. The QR code would take them to link tree and you link tree page would have a direct link to each thread, your youtube channel and anything else you want to add later. They dont even have to take cards. Hell you could put a plaque/poster on the car with the QR code even
I've seen QR codes before, but have no clue how to create one. I'll look into link tree and see if I can get that set up. The card has a spot for a QR code. So, that's good.

Thank you DSG!!!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Agree the YouTube would be easy to find but without a link to your vmf mustang thread or svt it would be hard to find.

Did you media blast the car? Or how did you get rid of any rust spots. I missed that step if you did it.
Thank you for the feedback Zia!

The rust was taken care of by the body shop during the first build process in 2010. I believe they media blasted it and then sprayed some green etching primer over it. You can see a picture of the car with blasting marks and in the green etching primer on page one of this thread (post #1).

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen QR codes before, but have no clue how to create one. I'll look into link tree and see if I can get that set up. The card has a spot for a QR code. So, that's good.

Thank you DSG!!!

pretty sure there are websites that you send them the web address for say your link tree page and it just creates one for you. Pretty sure they can be done free or very cheap

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
pretty sure there are websites that you send them the web address for say your link tree page and it just creates one for you. Pretty sure they can be done free or very cheap
Yes sir. I've been doing some research and found websites that create one for free. I found out that you can even create one using Google Chrome. I didn't like it because they put their dinosaur logo in the middle of it.

I'll do more research after work and add a QR code to my card this evening.

Thanks again DSG! Got to love modern technology. Don't have to type HTTPS/..../thread/Black Gold/ETC..... now LOL....

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay Everyone,

After receiving feedback from both sites this is the final product. The QR code leads to this thread as SVTP is where I started to post my build. So, there is more information here.

Business Card Final.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

Got my P/S cooler installed. Just the cooler itself. My hoses and fittings will not be here until the beginning of next week.

I actually think it looks pretty cool. I'm happy with it so far. We will see how it looks once the hoses are installed.

20220917_100902.jpg

Got the mounting area taped off and center marked.
20220917_102114.jpg

Got the P/S fluid cooler taped up and center marked. Everything lined up and ready to install.
20220917_102406.jpg

And here it is installed. I had mounting foam with sticky back left over from the radiator install and I used it to completely cover the bottom of the cooler. You can see the black foam between the radiator support and cooler. Worked out well.
20220917_110402.jpg

These straight on shots really show the cooler, but when you are looking at the car close up you really don't see it. You will have to be a few feet away from the car to see it. So far, everyone I asked has said it doesn't look bad since it's so small and not very noticeable. I like when it looks good AND it's functional LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Okay Everyone,

After receiving feedback from both sites this is the final product. The QR code leads to this thread as SVTP is where I started to post my build. So, there is more information here.

View attachment 1761652
I think you did a nice job with the card, considering the information limitations due to the card size.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay Everyone,

I needed my fabricator to build my P/S cooler lines. So, after talking it over with him we decided to just pass the project over to him all together. There were a couple other small items I wanted him to address anyway.

He said he should have it done in a day or two.

He has been working on his 1936 Chevy. It's coming along nicely.

He got my car up on the lift and I explained to him everything I would like done.
20220920_182111.jpg

20220920_182039.jpg

20220920_182055.jpg

Here is my fabricator's 1936 Chevy. I'm no Chevy guy, but this thing looks cool.
20220920_181952.jpg

20220920_182004.jpg

20220920_182010.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That '36 Chevy is nice. Do you know what motor he going with?

I have seen the motor Bob. But, I do not remember what it is. An old school big block I think. What I do remember is he "is" running some type of stack system on it. I taught him well LMAO J/K!!!

I'll find out this afternoon and then update this post.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL! He's a good student. Thanks for check further. I'm just curious, that's all. That should an awesome coupe once he finishes. If he takes that thing out on the street, do NOT ride behind him. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
LOL! He's a good student. Thanks for check further. I'm just curious, that's all. That should an awesome coupe once he finishes. If he takes that thing out on the street, do NOT ride behind him. :eek:
Okay Bob. Talked to my fabricator. He said he's actually installing a small block Chevy (355) with a manual stack fuel injection system similar to what he runs on his Sprint Car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay Everyone,

My fabricator got my car finished up this afternoon. I picked the car up in the evening to let rush hour traffic die down. This cooler works great. When I drove the car without it my P/S pump would get so hot I couldn't touch it. Now when I drive the car the P/S pump still gets hot but I can at least touch it now.

I placed my hand on my radiator cap and it was pretty hot. I placed my hand on the P/S cooler itself and it was cooler than my radiator cap. So, I think this is going to work very well.

Here you can see the P/S cooler lines. They are clamped together, so they still look like one line once they come together. Also, when the car is on the ground the top of the cooler really isn't that visible.
20220922_153515.jpg

This is the view from the top of the grill area looking down. I have a grill cover, but it doesn't fit well right now (interferes with the hood ability to close). My fabricator will address that issue later on. So, when the cover is in place you will not see this.
20220922_180840.jpg

This is in the fender well area. The lines go in through my sway bar mounting point. The wheels were clocked all the way left and right and are no where close to touching the lines. I asked my fabricator to zip tie the lines to the support bar to keep them from moving around. I really have no place to mount them as any screws placed on the panel will go through and be visible in the engine bay.
20220922_153334.jpg

This is the view looking down into the engine compartment. Looks really good and still pretty clean. Overall I'm very happy with the results visually as well as functionality.
20220922_180807.jpg

Sorry, I just thought this was a cool shot of the under carriage LOL..... @CobraBob you can barely see the wrap on the H pipe even from this angle.
20220922_180657.jpg

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay Everyone,

Started getting the final details taken care of with the car.

On Saturday I did some paint fixing. I needed to touchup areas that got damaged. The main area was where the hydraulic clutch leaked on my frame rail.

Here you can see how bad the damage is. The paint developed veins from the fluid. This close up really shows the damage, but as you back out it does disappear.
20220924_110726.jpg

Here you can see I filled in the grey areas with paint using a paint brush. I laid it in pretty thick to try and "fill" the damaged areas.
20220924_115128.jpg

This shows how it looks if someone really sticks their heads in the engine bay to get a closer look at things. Although you can still see the damage/veins most people will not notice it.
20220924_115221.jpg

This shows how it looks when most people look into the engine bay. The color and damage fades into the surrounding area and disappears or is camouflaged depending on how look at it. Based on this picture I'm satisfied with the repair overall.
20220924_115207.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread