Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Not bad. This is probably one of the few times I'll say I think you did better going with the black finish over polished.
Thank you Bob! Yeah, I normally prefer polished myself. In the engine bay I would probably go polished. However, since this was on the body of the car and the majority of items in that area are red and black with a little polish (i.e. the windshield trim) I felt the black with polished rings would work best.

Well, that was my thought process anyway LOL.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you Bob! Yeah, I normally prefer polished myself. In the engine bay I would probably go polished. However, since this was on the body of the car and the majority of items in that area are red and black with a little polish (i.e. the windshield trim) I felt the black with polished rings would work best.

Well, that was my thought process anyway LOL.
They look great. I definitely prefer the black over polished in this case. You want them to disappear in the grand scheme of things, you don't want them to stand out.
Where did you find them?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
They look great. I definitely prefer the black over polished in this case. You want them to disappear in the grand scheme of things, you don't want them to stand out.
Where did you find them?

Thank you 98 svt! I found them on Ebay. The seller is out of Phoenix, AZ. So, I received them very quickly. They also come with tall and short Allen head screws so they can fit different size wiper posts.

Ebay.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
SWEET!!! The parts just keep coming in. Love it!

Based on that video of the crash I posted, the fact my wife doesn't feel safe riding in the car and the fact Shawn (AutotopiaLA) said he wasn't getting in my car without restraints I ordered a set of 3 point seatbelts that hold you in like a 4 point set.

They came in today and I laid out the driver's side. I was really worried about how the red would look (I was worried they would send something that looked like Fire Truck red), but now that I see them I think they match GREAT with that tint of red! I'm very happy with how it looks.

I love the "race car" look. However, they can be unwrapped from the seat and placed on the rear floorboard during car shows. My wife thinks I should leave them displayed as it is another unique touch to my car since most classic Mustang's did not come with seatbelts.

I don't know. I'll decide once I receive a little more feedback.

As usual, what do you guys think?
20220817_182230.jpg

20220817_182208.jpg

20220817_182219.jpg

20220817_182256.jpg
20220817_182334.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The seat belts color looks perfect. At least in the pics, the red blends nicely with the red trim stitching, exterior paint, and the red snakes on the head rests. Perfect!

Thank you Bob! Yeah the way it looks in the pictures.......it looks even better in person. The red of the seatbelts really matches the car VERY well. I'm stoked this worked out as well as it did.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think how you have them in the pic framing the snake looks good. You can always have the driver side there and the passenger side with no belt.
Thank you Bob! Yeah, I have some experimenting to do. The idea is to get the best reaction and not the "Well, it looked great until I seen the......" LMAO!!!

In the Army we would take all the extra strapping and roll them up and tape or rubber band them in place to give a cleaner appearance. So, I'll play around with them and see what works best.

The good thing is the color of the belts really matches the car VERY well. So, it's a great start (y) ...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
For the longest time I have left my windshield wipers off. I do not plan on driving this car in the rain. However, my wiper arms are in the trunk in case of emergency LOL.

I bought these wiper post covers. What do you guys think? I like them. Better than looking at the wiper posts themselves LOL. Also they kind of match my hood pins.

View attachment 1758510

View attachment 1758511

View attachment 1758512

View attachment 1758513
Can barely see them in this pic but my brother runs those in matte black on his ‘86 GT.
I like them.
-J

AB28894F-652F-481D-8870-A5A82AE821B1.jpeg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Also those red belts are a killer touch!
This car deserves that YT feature!
-J

Thank you J!!! Really appreciate you saying that brother!

I sent an email to Shawn last week and showed him the pictures of the belts. He really liked them as well. Also said everything is on track for the October 6th shoot. I can't wait.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay everyone got another item checked off the list. Got the front end alignment completed this morning.

Got there bright and early this morning. Took these shots behind the shop.
20220827_083237.jpg

20220827_083434.jpg

20220827_083449.jpg

Then they pulled it in the shop and got an initial reading. Caster and Camber were close, but toe was way off LOL.
20220827_102801.jpg

20220827_102823.jpg

20220827_103053.jpg

Initial reading. Right front camber reads red, but says it's within spec (Barely LOL). This suspension has no caster adjustment. So, I'll have to live with the 1.4 degrees on the left side. No big deal. It doesn't pull. Lastly, as I was driving to the shop I did notice a squeal coming from the front. Now I know why. I had toe way off LMAO!!!
20220827_115442.jpg

After: Now this is more like it. And I do not hear any squealing coming from the tires any more. This is great!
20220827_115328.jpg

As I was leaving my sales rep asked me to open the side exhaust. When I did everyone came out of the shop LOL. I motioned to the manager if I could do a burn out upon my exit and he gave me a thumbs up. Everyone had their phones out. It was awesome. It was such a fun morning. I'll have to contact my sales rep to see if he can send me a copy of the video.

I should have tried out my line lock, but I just popped the clutch. It was still fun LMAO!!!!

This car gets so much attention. It's amazing the feedback and compliments I get from the car guys. Can't wait to get to California in October.....

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
And you've definitely earned all the attention it gets, now enjoy it.
Thank you Grabber! Yeah, it's cool because it's like double the fun. I get to enjoy the car itself by experiencing the driving aspect, the feel of the car and the sounds of the exhaust note (both rear and side). Then I get the compliments form people who have never seen the car before. Pretty cool for sure and I'm definitely enjoying the experience thus far....(y)

Users who are viewing this thread