BF 4 Beta

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
I'm not quite sure how to get the specifics. I see in my device manager, it's an AMD radeon hd 6700 series video card, under processes i see i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz. I know it has 8GB ram but unsure what kind.

From what i read online, a better video card would be all i need. I can play bf3 on high without any problems. If i am able to play the non beta bf4 on medium without it being choppy id be content for a while.

I fully disagree on any thing done affects skill. A player must learn the game and adapt. It's like when people crying about camping, snipers, lag, no reg
or my more hated thing people complain about in bf3 is being spawn killed. Even the sun being to bright on the map noshahr canals for team death match. You use things to your advantage. If they improve something to better help someone, it effects everyone. I used to compete nationaly in halo 1 10 years ago. Everyone was a good shot. Strategy dominated.

Skill is the ability to do something well. You are confusing skill for talent I think. Congrats on being good at HALO but it has zero to do with what I said. Situational awareness, which your own examples speak of, is something that increases the ability to do things well, hence skill. If i start wanting to bracket with former HALO gawdz, it's good to know I'll have a contact who I may be able to swoop in and make the world right again, thanks for that.

CPU-Z

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The armor hitboxes seem much better than in BF3, so skill and strategy are more of a factor when driving a tank. That's a welcome change IMO.
Hit boxes were fine in bf3. That sounds better. Seems i went off the wall on other topics last post. As for your halo gawds comments, thanks!

If you replace talent with skill in my previous post, then that is fine.

Last edited:

truefiveo

Established Member
Ill start downloading it tonight.
I'm sure my
OC 780GTX and 4.5ghz OC i5 2500k will handle it easily on max.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Ill start downloading it tonight.
I'm sure my
OC 780GTX and 4.5ghz OC i5 2500k will handle it easily on max.

Yes it will...I have a 680 GTX with a i7 and im getting 30-60 fps on a 30", Ultra settings. Highly recommend the latest certified Nvidia driver at a minium, actually BF4 is saying to grab the beta driver for improved performance. I will install the beta driver tonight.

Game is great! Feels a little BF2 ish with the voip in squads. Tanks and vehicles are better in BF4. The elevators and barriers in front of the bridge are a nice touch, controlled by switches. The more I played the better it got.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Yes it will...I have a 680 GTX with a i7 and im getting 30-60 fps on a 30", Ultra settings. Highly recommend the latest certified Nvidia driver at a minium, actually BF4 is saying to grab the beta driver for improved performance. I will install the beta driver tonight.

Game is great! Feels a little BF2 ish with the voip in squads. Tanks and vehicles are better in BF4. The elevators and barriers in front of the bridge are a nice touch, controlled by switches. The more I played the better it got.

Yeah I went from getting completly dominated by tanks to becoming their worst enemy. I have to take a look at my stats but I am pretty confident that I have at least 30 tank kills with my RPG.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member

They finally added VOIP in squads?! Nice. Hated not being able to talk to people without running a program to do it

We just had a little girl about 9 weeks ago, so I haven't had any time to play...but I'm trying to figure out a way to play on my living room TV (using PC) so I can participate in taking care of the little one with the wifey so she doesn't get pissed lol.

Waiting for GTA5 on PC too!! :banana:

I've got a GTX580 OC'd, i5-2500k, 8gb ddr3 1800...might not be able to max it out like BF3, but oh well. Should be good enough.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Yeah I went from getting completly dominated by tanks to becoming their worst enemy. I have to take a look at my stats but I am pretty confident that I have at least 30 tank kills with my RPG.

Yeah I felt that tanks and vehicles were OP'd in BF3 also. Not hard to kill, but still a little too overpowered

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Yeah I felt that tanks and vehicles were OP'd in BF3 also. Not hard to kill, but still a little too overpowered

I just pop them in the engine so they can't move then just pick them off while bopping from behind a piller or something. It's nice when the tank driver hops out to repair the tank and you just hit him with an RPG, lol.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Tbut I'm trying to figure out a way to play on my living room TV (using PC) so I can participate in taking care of the little one with the wifey so she doesn't get pissed lol.

I sometimes do this on my 65" Plasma...HDMI cable from your video card to your TV, go to the correct input on TV. Simple as hell assuming your TV is not ancient and supports HDMI. Use your video card settings on the PC to make adjustments to TV if it's off a little. Take the midnight shift with the little one on weekends and your balln!!

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I'd need like a 40' HDMI from the study (PC) to the living room lol. I wish Rockstar would announce when GTA5 is coming out for PC too!! That would make my decision to try the long HDMI in the walls a little easier. I need to run an ethernet cable for the WDTV anyways, so might as well do it at the same time!

...obviously I would connect them first to see if it works correctly normally before running the HDMI in the wall lol. In another thread someone linked me a wireless HDMI type thing, but I feel like wireless could lead to complications

Last edited:

truefiveo

Established Member
Damn wish I could play with you guys.
But I'm still in Afghan and the ping/lag here makes online unplayable.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member

This. No way an air to ground missle in BF3 should just disable the tiny buggies! Happened all the time to me with straight on shots. I'm hoping BF4 has bombs.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Don't feel so bad. I'm in Okinawa basically on vacation and I'm paying for 20gb and getting maybe .75gb. If they don't fix it soon I'm dropping it!

Electrokid

Established Member
I haven't been able to get on the BF4 beta since Sunday. It keeps saying that the EA servers are not available and to check back later.

Anyone else have this problem? Or did they just close the beta?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I haven't been able to get on the BF4 beta since Sunday. It keeps saying that the EA servers are not available and to check back later.

Anyone else have this problem? Or did they just close the beta?

The game comes out the 29th so they probably closed it already.

usmc320

Established Member
I thought they said the beta would run until the release date. I haven't played it in a few days though, so I can't say for sure it is still going.

Users who are viewing this thread