BF 4 Beta

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Anyone else playing tonight/tomorrow morning?

I play on my tv running a Radeon 6970 2gb at max settings with 60fps no issues @ 1080p. I'll never go higher in res than this but I'm kinda leary of running my same card with BF4. I know this iteration of Frostbite was "tuned" for better shader performance and to assist shading via Mantel, etc...but was it enough to cause frame drops and tax my card even more? I'm running 24GB of DDR3, Quad Core Intel proc @ 3.2Ghz, 2x120GB SSD's in raid 0 config. Only upgrade I had planned was OCZ's PCIE based SSD but thats still some ways away from release and may be pretty damn expensive.
Supposedly AMD's latest drivers offer a huge performance gain.

Opinion?

LS2GTO

Established Member
When does the beta go live?

Looks like 4am, smurf that noise. Prolly will play later that day.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
it was amazing this morning for the 20 min I got to play. cannot wait to get home to play more. def going to be a hermit for a while with this one.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
sharper, cleaner and more intense fighting. only gripe i have so far is the wait time to load into the game from the battlelog screen.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
my basic setup....runs it great with no slow downs but not on max settings. thinking of going to a bigger GFX card like the 770GTX or maybe switch to an AMD card if they are cheaper than the Nvidia.

3.2GHZ Quad Core AMD Phenom II
8GB DDR3 1666
550Ti 1GB OC'ed
1TB HD

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
"There are several ways to get into the exclusive Battlefield 4™ Beta: by pre-ordering the Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition on Origin.com, by being a Battlefield 3 Premium member, and by being a registered owner of Medal of Honor Warfighter - Limited Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition. "

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I know what I am going to be doing when I get home from work...

You guys think a single 580 GTX can handle this game at max settings?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
not at max settings but close enough. i have a 550Ti and it runs like a champ.

venom - do you have any of the listed games? if so, add me on battlelog. same name as my username on here.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
not at max settings but close enough. i have a 550Ti and it runs like a champ.

venom - do you have any of the listed games? if so, add me on battlelog. same name as my username on here.

I only have bf3, which I don't play anymore. Once I get BF4, I'll add you. I have to download Origin again.

I'll have to give my 580 a try on max settings. If not, I'll just have to go out and get another one to run SLI. My processor and ram are beast. Hopefully that will make up for it.

Last edited:

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Have to say I'm pretty impressed by the beta, there are a few issues as one could expect. I occasionally get disconnected from a server and the session hangs, but other than that I haven't come across anything. FYI my card seems to be able to run max settings at 1080p but i doubt anything higher would keep 60fps.

Red94SVT

Established Member
All I have to say is my Motherboard chose a hell of a time for 4 of my 6 memory slots to stop working...

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Have to say I'm pretty impressed by the beta, there are a few issues as one could expect. I occasionally get disconnected from a server and the session hangs, but other than that I haven't come across anything. FYI my card seems to be able to run max settings at 1080p but i doubt anything higher would keep 60fps.

Sweet. Cannot wait to try it out tonight.

Hopefully I won't have to tweek too many settings, I am running: i7 4770k overclocked @ 5.4 ghz, 16gb of ddr3 RAM, gtx 580, and a SSD.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Half Life 3 pretty much announced already as well. Looks like im gonna retire my old 470GTX and finally go for a 7 series Nvidia.

3550k @ 4.2
DDR3 8GB 2400
470 GTX @ 800mhz

Its a great time to be a PC gamer!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread