BF 4 Beta

99cobra302

Established Member
I preloaded it last night. I am gonna play some tonight before and after the Blackhawks game.

I was able to run BF3 very well with most settings set up pretty high with my system.
i7 2600k (slight overclock)
GTX 560Ti 2Gb
16gb Ram
256gb SSD

I may upgrade my videocard but not until after the 800 series cards come out I will probably go with the 860 or 870. But with all the awesome games coming out in the near future, I will be tempted to get a new graphics card sooner. BF4, GTA V (there is no way it won't come to PC), Watch Dogs, and as mentioned above Half Life 3 all but being officially being announced, its a good time to be a PC gamer indeed. Not to mention SteamOS and the Steam controller, not that I like using controllers all that much, but it looks better than anything currently available. PC Master Race!!! lol.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I played for about 6 hours last night LOL! Game is really good. I was running full res and ultra settings on my 580 gtx, holdnig steady @ 60 fps.

I'm a beast with my RPG.

Too bad there is only 1 map right now. We were playing the 64 player servers so we could start upgrading our tanks. FYI, the weilding gun for the engineer melts down enemy tanks pretty quickly. Haha.

Last edited:

KurtDog

Established Member
Origin left a bad taste in my mouth from BF3. And BF3 was not as good as BF2. I'll wait to see some more reviews before buying. Also, I'll let them work all the server kinks out too.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Origin left a bad taste in my mouth from BF3. And BF3 was not as good as BF2. I'll wait to see some more reviews before buying. Also, I'll let them work all the server kinks out too.

Jump on the beta for free and make your own opinion. It opens Friday to the public for a few weeks. Keep in mind it's a beta and will be buggy...but I'm stating the obvious.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends what options he purchased. There are some pretty shitty xps comps compared to what the name used to mean.

most came with 4 core processors and 2GB ram to start, even if he had a lower end 4 core version he could just add RAM and a video card to bring the gaming aspect back to it.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
I've got a 580 and I can't do Ultra settings. I'm pretty sure it's not my CPU or RAM (9330K @4.2, 16GB DDR3 @2133 stable). It chugs way too much and I'm only running one monitor at the moment. I'm probably going to upgrade it before too long though.

I like what I've seen from the beta so far. I thought they were going to work on having to jump over miniscule obstacles but I still seem to have to jump over dumb shit. The engine looks nice, supposedly it's been reworked quite a bit. The armor hitboxes seem much better than in BF3, so skill and strategy are more of a factor when driving a tank. That's a welcome change IMO.

The top mounted .50 and DShKa are so damn weak though. You might as well get out and shoot with a PDW or carbine.

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I've got a 580 and I can't do Ultra settings. I'm pretty sure it's not my CPU or RAM (9330K @4.2, 16GB DDR3 @2133 stable). It chugs way too much and I'm only running one monitor at the moment. I'm probably going to upgrade it before too long though.

I like what I've seen from the beta so far. I thought they were going to work on having to jump over miniscule obstacles but I still seem to have to jump over dumb shit. The engine looks nice, supposedly it's been reworked quite a bit. The armor hitboxes seem much better than in BF3, so skill and strategy are more of a factor when driving a tank. That's a welcome change IMO.

The top mounted .50 and DShKa are so damn weak though. You might as well get out and shoot with a PDW or carbine.

Hmm...that's weird. I've been running a steady 60 fps on ultra. Did you download the new drivers? You running a SSD?

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Yeah running an SSD and on driver 327.* or whatever it is. I've got afterburner running and it shows the card pegged while playing, so it's definitely maxed. Nothing else could be the bottleneck.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
how much RAM? video card? processor?

most of them were top notch so I would think a little more RAM and a better video card and you should be set.

I'm not quite sure how to get the specifics. I see in my device manager, it's an AMD radeon hd 6700 series video card, under processes i see i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz. I know it has 8GB ram but unsure what kind.

From what i read online, a better video card would be all i need. I can play bf3 on high without any problems. If i am able to play the non beta bf4 on medium without it being choppy id be content for a while.
The armor hitboxes seem much better than in BF3, so skill and strategy are more of a factor when driving a tank. That's a welcome change IMO.
I fully disagree on any thing done affects skill. A player must learn the game and adapt. It's like when people crying about camping, snipers, lag, no reg
or my more hated thing people complain about in bf3 is being spawn killed. Even the sun being to bright on the map noshahr canals for team death match. You use things to your advantage. If they improve something to better help someone, it effects everyone. I used to compete nationaly in halo 1 10 years ago. Everyone was a good shot. Strategy dominated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread