Best tuner for auto a6 guys? Mike Roush, AED or Lund? go

BilletProShop

Established Member
or soon you can give us a shot
11.86 on a completely stock car with the only exception being an aluminium driveshaft and i really mean only exeption... stock air box and all
10.98 with usual bolt-ons.. headers, converter, cai, driveshaft, ect...drag radial , no race wheels, no drastic weight reduction

we will offer tunes soon for those interested

KushBandit

Established Member
or soon you can give us a shot
11.86 on a completely stock car with the only exception being an aluminium driveshaft and i really mean only exeption... stock air box and all
10.98 with usual bolt-ons.. headers, converter, cai, driveshaft, ect...drag radial , no race wheels, no drastic weight reduction

we will offer tunes soon for those interested

Do you tune the Cobra Jet setup with the Monoblade throttle body? That's what OP has.

That's an impressive time. What was the track DA? Trap speed? Can you post a time slip?

Last edited:

Rex Racer

Established Member
****UPDATE**** Auto A6 guys go Mike Roush. I get in contact with him through email perfectly fine. Sometimes its not the same day but definitely the next day. Sometimes withing a hour or so he contacts me. His tune for my cj set up is better than LUND. He is actually sending me revisions and etc to perfect the tune as much as he can through datalogging. I datalogged with lund and they have yet to revise their base tune they sent me.

I am certainly glad you have success with Mike Roush regarding communication. I tried Mid-Atlantic Performance on Facebook and still nothing.
As far as I am concerned, I am done with Mike Roush. Nothing personal, just business.

Back when I first had difficulty trying to get a hold of him, I called my credit card company to see what my options were to backcharge half the value of the tune. I didn't want to do that, and wanted to give him a chance. Now, it's too late.

Live and learn.

Last edited:

trevnut

Established Member
I have worked with Mike on my CJ setup for a bit perfecting it. There have been times where it was hard to get ahold of him. He always makes it faster everytime I go to the track. Oklahoma doesn't have the great air other states have.

DSC_0110_zps154a27cb.jpg

Mike Rousch email tuned in 1200' DA earlier this year.

10%20sec%20slip_zpsbdpkuca5.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Once again, beaten by the powers above!!

Tough Crap! I would highly suggest you relax with your opinions based on your deal. I don't care how many times you tune, build, blah, blah, there will always be a issue with someone, something. I see it in my personal job. We have rules here, and I highly suggest you read them. I can get very ugly. If you haven't noticed, your posts wont show up unless we approve them.
TLDR, Newbomb Turk always blasts AED whenever he can via posts, and PM. He's on a short leash with me.

Newbomb Turk

Established Member
Tough Crap! I would highly suggest you relax with your opinions based on your deal. I don't care how many times you tune, build, blah, blah, there will always be a issue with someone, something. I see it in my personal job. We have rules here, and I highly suggest you read them. I can get very ugly. If you haven't noticed, your posts wont show up unless we approve them.
TLDR, Newbomb Turk always blasts AED whenever he can via posts, and PM. He's on a short leash with me.

Relax on my opinion?? Sorry not an opinion, it's fact! The OP opened the tread, asked for advise I gave it to him based on fact!! Done deal, just because facts are negative does not mean it's bashing, Tough crap to Shaun and anyone else if he can't accept the truth! I've called anyone out to go for a ride in my car, you make the decision, very easy! DLDR???? whatever that means?? Speak up, and don't beat around the bush, no times for games, just facts, make the leash any length you want, I did nothing wrong but state facts, 03 cobra

Rex Racer

Established Member
And what else should he base his opinions on? the AED nutswinger posts? we have so many of those you get posts like the one below.

Complaints should be matter of fact. Personally, I should have asked more questions of Mike Roush. It is absolutely true that you cannot please everyone and inevitably there will be a complaint. It is a hallmark of a business how complaints are dealt with. What was the requested work? Was that worked satisfactory completed? If not, what was done to resolve the problem?

Email tunes have to be tough, and if there are legitimate issues why not refund a portion of the cost? Be honest with your own limitations and make the customer happy. Consider it the cost of doing business.

20redfire03

Established Member
All tuners will have good and bad reviews. Mike Rousch is fairly close to me but I have had two friends use him and communication was spotty at times. One friend, 14 GT Auto, had tuning issues that couldnt be resolved that another tuner saw within two pulls on their dyno but mistakes happen and in the end my friend ended up with a tuned car. My other friends car runs great, eaton swapped Mach 1. My car is currently stock and I am still on fence as to who I will use once I finally get a tune.

Newbomb Turk

Established Member
Email tunes have to be tough, and if there are legitimate issues why not refund a portion of the cost? Be honest with your own limitations and make the customer happy. Consider it the cost of doing business.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, That's all I ever asked for, I'll let it be at that.

edmontonbigj

Established Member
Im getting ready to tune my 2013 A6 GT and am torn between Mike Rousch and AED. Mike has been great with customer service so far answering all my questions within a day or two but EVERYONE talks up AED over and over. If both have equal customer service is one better than the other?

scotmach

Established Member
Their customer service is not equal. Mike Rousch's customer service sucks (personal experience) and I've never heard a bad word about the customer service regarding AED.

clc44

Established Member
Im getting ready to tune my 2013 A6 GT and am torn between Mike Rousch and AED. Mike has been great with customer service so far answering all my questions within a day or two but EVERYONE talks up AED over and over. If both have equal customer service is one better than the other?
Either will work great, wouldn't say one is better than the other. I like my Rousch tune.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
No issue with AED. Not a nutswinger either. All issues Iv has were taken care of immediately. Plus he won't sugar coat anything. This is why some might not like him. No other tuner has worked with me to the extent Shaun has.

bottle fed 14

Established Member
Agree with you about Shaun I took my car to him and had him tune it at his shop he knows more than people think how is your car running now is the on3 kit worth the effort or should I just go cpr

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
It's worth the effort if you are on a budget. Car is awesome and the tuning is spot on and shifts are perfect. If you have the cash go CPR since his kit is literally complete.

Users who are viewing this thread