Best tuner for auto a6 guys? Mike Roush, AED or Lund? go

Rex Racer

Established Member
Will do he said he should have it done today. We will see. How do you like his initial tune? take it to the track any?

The initial tune was above and beyond stock. In comparison the stock tune is sluggish and I also experienced a hesitancy when trying to accelerate from a rolling stop. It was not consistent with the stock tune, and I have read other people having similar issues, but that was gone after Mike's tune.

After the initial tune, I had a some knock. Mike did revise the tune after a month of me shaking the tree and I can tell the revised tune the car does not pull as quick (at least I think it doesn't - the problem without actually going to a dyno or swapping the tunes and doing WOTs myself from the onramp), but still a great tune.

I never heard from him again after the second set of datalogs. I simply wanted to know if everything looked good. I still had some knock. I just took the data and plotted it myself in Excel, but I have no idea how to interpret knock and know if it is 'bad.'

jblaze2004

Established Member
dang now im skeptical lol....i heard so much good stuff and then this. I guess u can't really be perfect. U try contacting him on facebook?

scotmach

Established Member
Mike Rousch promised me my car would pass emissions with his tune. It wouldn't. I tried calling, PM, and emailing him and he just stopped responding. After a month I had to go in a different direction. Trust me there's plenty of examples out there with his $hitty customer service.

Rex Racer

Established Member
dang now im skeptical lol....i heard so much good stuff and then this. I guess u can't really be perfect. U try contacting him on facebook?

All I heard was great things and that is why I went with him to begin with, but others are also saying that although he is a great tuner, the customer service after the initial sale just plain sucks. And I agree.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1076037-Need-Tuner-recommendations

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...roushs-tune-still-best-tune-automatic-gt.html

jblaze2004

Established Member
No. That's why I asked if he is under 'Mid-Atlantic Performance' on FB. If so, I will try sending a message there.

It's a sad day that you have to shake the tree over Social Media.

its under "mid atlantic performance" location should say 1730 Arlington Rd, Richmond, VA

jblaze2004

Established Member
****UPDATE**** Auto A6 guys go Mike Roush. I get in contact with him through email perfectly fine. Sometimes its not the same day but definitely the next day. Sometimes withing a hour or so he contacts me. His tune for my cj set up is better than LUND. He is actually sending me revisions and etc to perfect the tune as much as he can through datalogging. I datalogged with lund and they have yet to revise their base tune they sent me.

Took it to the track and Roush tune trapped 1mph more than Lund tune and just felt better going down the track and that was with both base tunes. Can't wait to see what the revised tune Roush sent me will do. Both base tunes shift at low rpm's for my cj set up. Both shifted around 7k rpms in 1st to 2nd and 7300 from 2nd to 3rd. Roush cleaned up the tune alil and is raising my shift points slowly by going by the log. My 1st to 2nd is set @7200-7400 and the other @7600. So now my cj set up will be used to its potiental.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
So what did you run? Time and trap? Also, unless you ran both tunes back to back on same day 1 mph diff is easily attributed to weather. You can adjust your shift rpm by gear on your device if you did not know. Glad you like it. Time slip please. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread