Best tuner for auto a6 guys? Mike Roush, AED or Lund? go

jblaze2004

Established Member
i have a 14 mustang gt with offroad hpipe and roush axle backs (bama tune, came with tuner). I am getting a cobra jet manifold, twin 65mm throttle body and frpp cai soon.
Who would be the best to tune my A6 coyote? anyone experience a difference in tune with either companies?

AUTO GUYS ONLY PLEASE.
Any 1/4 mile times, trap speed or dyno numbers?

Thanks

Last edited:

hitmix300

Established Member
Lund had my car flying buy never had another tuner try. Them guys are legit. Go boosted and be done with it lol

KushBandit

Established Member
Write each tuner you listed on to separate pieces of paper and draw them from a hat. Seriously, those three are gonna be your best best for an email tune on a Cobra Jet setup.

I'm tuned by Mike Rousch for my Cobra Jet setup, though I'm running the 140mm SCJ monoblade throttle body. I may try Lund later on, but I'm pretty happy with mikes tuning. He can be hard to reach at times, but his tuning is very reputable.

jblaze2004

Established Member
Write each tuner you listed on to separate pieces of paper and draw them from a hat. Seriously, those three are gonna be your best best for an email tune on a Cobra Jet setup.

I'm tuned by Mike Rousch for my Cobra Jet setup, though I'm running the 140mm SCJ monoblade throttle body. I may try Lund later on, but I'm pretty happy with mikes tuning. He can be hard to reach at times, but his tuning is very reputable.

im assuming you are auto correct. Any 1/4 mile times or trap speed or dyno numbers?

KushBandit

Established Member
im assuming you are auto correct. Any 1/4 mile times or trap speed or dyno numbers?

Yup, auto. I haven't been to the track since I've installed it. I'm expecting something like a low 12 ET @ 118mph. I'm still on the stock converter and driveshaft, so my ET is gonna lack.

I went to a local shop and it dyno'd 448rwhp/400rwtq on pump gas. This was on a dynojet. I'm on my phone but I'll go check my computer for the printout I scanned.

jblaze2004

Established Member
cool, im still on stock converter, driveshaft and suspension also. Im getting my cj installed tomorrow. Im a hour and 45 mins from mike roush shop. I almost want to set up a time to just get it dyno'd by him since revolution automotive is booked up for the next month smh.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Aed is your best bet. I ran 12.1s All stock (including stock tires) except for tune only from shaun at Aed in my 2013 A6.

scotmach

Established Member
Mike Roush has a pretty good tune but the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. He left me high and dry after taking my money. I'll never recommend him to anyone.

rhite95

Established Member
cool, im still on stock converter, driveshaft and suspension also. Im getting my cj installed tomorrow. Im a hour and 45 mins from mike roush shop. I almost want to set up a time to just get it dyno'd by him since revolution automotive is booked up for the next month smh.

If you are only 1 hour and 45 mins from Mike, I would go to him. Put the car on a dyno is the best way for any good tuner to tune your car.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I have cj, scj oval, jlt 110, and orx. Have Lund 93 and 100 octane tuning. Waiting for cooler air to run. Let's just say 31 degrees timing (ecu added) and zero knock. It rips! The auto calibration is perfect btw.

Last edited:

jblaze2004

Established Member
I have cj, scj oval, jlt 110, and orx. Have Lund 93 and 100 octane tuning. Waiting for cooler air to run. Let's just say 31 degrees timing (ecu added) and zero knock. It rips! The auto calibration is perfect btw.

are you email tuned or dyno tuned? 31 degrees of timing, good god. Stock converter?

redline5.0

Established Member
Just call or email each one and see who you like the best, in the end I don't see it really mattering. For me lund didn't work out but I've had good luck with aed. Some people just have better luck with different tuners.

Users who are viewing this thread