best tuner for 2012 5.0

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I respect if it's the customer service you like from AED but if you guys actually had conversations with alot of shops and ones that have the fastest 5.0's in the country you'll understand where i come from on my reasonings to doubt or just not have my car in AED's hands on the tuning aspect of the 5.0 trust me there are pleanty behined the scene info Shaun will never tell. If your happy your happy.. But there is a reason for everything.

There also a lot of info behind the scene on all the big tuners. Bad an good. No tuner is perfect.

hand-filer

Established Member
Agree!!! there are many out there and Most of the great tuning shops out there Know one another and don't need these forums to SELL anything they have thier work that follows them and Records that do to.. But to each there own and I have only been trying to get people to actually post up whats so great about one vs another if they are so hell bent on switching.

Great idea! How about we start with you. What's so great about your tune? Where are the numbers? We're all ears.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

Yike! Tuner wars???

I know a bunch of the tuners mentioned in this thread personally and have nothing but respect for them. They are all top-tier tuners in my book.

All that aside, I can not and will not stop any AED customer from speaking their mind.

Yes, I've gone thru several ground-up tunes with countless revisions in order to get to where we are today. On occasion clients like Mike offer to do drag strip testing (JLT vs Stock CAI test), which does require multiple revisions with logs and sometimes modifications to parts (which may require further logs/revisions) in order to ensure accurate testing at the strip. In Jan we went thru excessive tune revisions due to the new Live Link Gen 2 being released with the added ability to log TiVCT. Dyno/drag testing ensued to 'change' the way TiVCT worked at WOT.
The current AED M6 tune was finalized in Feb, and I am STILL working on future updates as we can only put down ~470RW N/A without power clips. Of course this is well beyond what 99% of the Coyotes produce.

I've worked very hard to make sure these mail order tunes perform at the high standards our local AED customers are accustom to. I can't help that my tunes kick ass.

What I can do is offer a money back guarantee. If my 'Base' tune isn't noticeably faster than your current tune, you will get a full refund no questions asked.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yike! Tuner wars???

I know a bunch of the tuners mentioned in this thread personally and have nothing but respect for them. They are all top-tier tuners in my book.

All that aside, I can not and will not stop any AED customer from speaking their mind.

Yes, I've gone thru several ground-up tunes with countless revisions in order to get to where we are today. On occasion clients like Mike offer to do drag strip testing (JLT vs Stock CAI test), which does require multiple revisions with logs and sometimes modifications to parts (which may require further logs/revisions) in order to ensure accurate testing at the strip. In Jan we went thru excessive tune revisions due to the new Live Link Gen 2 being released with the added ability to log TiVCT. Dyno/drag testing ensued to 'change' the way TiVCT worked at WOT.
The current AED M6 tune was finalized in Feb, and I am STILL working on future updates as we can only put down ~470RW N/A without power clips. Of course this is well beyond what 99% of the Coyotes produce.

I've worked very hard to make sure these mail order tunes perform at the high standards our local AED customers are accustom to. I can't help that my tunes kick ass.

What I can do is offer a money back guarantee. If my 'Base' tune isn't noticeably faster than your current tune, you will get a full refund no questions asked.

This in its self sounds like top notch customer service. Don't see any reason why you would not want an AED tune.

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
Great idea! How about we start with you. What's so great about your tune? Where are the numbers? We're all ears.

MIne has done quite well Lets say the least.. traps in the 118-119 and have almost on occasions tapped the 120 mark, as for power SAE corrected I have Put down 410-422rwhp-386-390rwtq The tune is from Lund that has the cam sound, (but don't use often) and BBR is the one that I use daily. It works well. Its afr is spot on,makes great power, runs at the track good and I am Happy with both. If I ever needed anything changed in the tune One time using A dyno and dataloging both tuners helped right away!

So I agree no tuner is perfect but it's all how available they are when it does need to be changed! I was just having a hard time why people were having such hard times with there original tuners to get it right!

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
...I've worked very hard to make sure these mail order tunes perform at the high standards our local AED customers are accustom to. I can't help that my tunes kick ass.

:rockon::beer:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
MIne has done quite well Lets say the least.. traps in the 118-119 and have almost on occasions tapped the 120 mark, as for power SAE corrected I have Put down 410-422rwhp-386-390rwtq The tune is from Lund that has the cam sound, (but don't use often) and BBR is the one that I use daily. It works well. Its afr is spot on,makes great power, runs at the track good and I am Happy with both. If I ever needed anything changed in the tune One time using A dyno and dataloging both tuners helped right away!

So I agree no tuner is perfect but it's all how available they are when it does need to be changed! I was just having a hard time why people were having such hard times with there original tuners to get it right!

It's funny how you skip what you actually run the real et. Not just your mph. Maybe some time slips to prove it

mikestoyz

Established Member
It's funny how you skip what you actually run the real et. Not just your mph. Maybe some time slips to prove it

Ive always gone by mph to tell the tale of power. ET is very much determined by driver skill, suspension and tires.
MPH is the fun factor!

stang8psi

Established Member

Trust its gone faster than the 11.9 or whatever the most aed cars go.. and my trap speeds are very consistent...

coyotestang

Established Member
Yike! Tuner wars???

Sent u a pm

Onefstpny

WOT you Say ???
Established Member
Yike! Tuner wars???

Im waiting for the A6 tune to hit the market, my last 11 was tuned and I had issues/questions and was told 'dont worry' it had 29* of timing and knock sensors were adjusted. It was an older KS stragey tune...i finally got a dyno tune to fix the situation before replacing an engine.

I havent bought a tune yet but after following multiple posts and forums to see you are always updating and making stronger/safer tunes and are willing to work with your customers to insure they are 100% happy that sells me.

stang8psi

Established Member
shaun's car goes 11.07 @ 123
on the stock airbox.
...lolwut?

"most aed cars" go faster than 11.9 with just tune and tires.

Hey Ball hair Troll.... I said it was faster than most of the 5.0's he has tuned... I dindn't say his unsafe tuned drag car that he already admited he wouldn't sell the tune on his car is... My car is not a big's and little take out some interior drag car.. It is mearley a street car that visits the track a few times a year! I have stated my power, my track mph's..

Where are all the AED It's so good 5.0 Fan boys that run the best and it's the Best tune boys at?

I already Know MikeLtd is one of the only guys who posts his runs, Power etc..

stang8psi

Established Member
it's almost pointless on this thread cause all you have here is the AED is the Bosssss tune and all others are blah blah blah... It's cool.... Not a hater but i will run an aed tuned car in my area anyday... Bring it... Oh yea Bring a AED tuned car to the 5.0 shootout. lets see how it compares to some of the best tuners out there?

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Hey Ball hair Troll.... I said it was faster than most of the 5.0's he has tuned... I dindn't say his unsafe tuned drag car that he already admited he wouldn't sell the tune on his car is... My car is not a big's and little take out some interior drag car.. It is mearley a street car that visits the track a few times a year! I have stated my power, my track mph's..

Where are all the AED It's so good 5.0 Fan boys that run the best and it's the Best tune boys at?

I already Know MikeLtd is one of the only guys who posts his runs, Power etc..

lets see your time slip.

:lol: when you are done bein mad bro... go check post 173

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LMFAO at the people who THINK AED needed a forum to get customers lmfao!!! You guys have no effing clue how packed there shop is 24/7!!

stang8psi

Established Member
lets see your time slip.

:lol: when you are done bein mad bro... go check post 173

Really... Mikeltd is one of the only ones who ported his proven track times.. Bro.. do you even own a 5.0 gt? Than stfu, cause all you are is a nut hair fan boy.. have an Aed tuned car show up at the 5.0 shootout. Have a car show up for a kots shootout. Put up some proven numbers that aren't uncorrect Std numbers. Is there any of his bolt on cars faster than mikeltd?

Shaun@AED

it's almost pointless on this thread cause all you have here is the AED is the Bosssss tune and all others are blah blah blah... It's cool.... Not a hater but i will run an aed tuned car in my area anyday... Bring it... Oh yea Bring a AED tuned car to the 5.0 shootout. lets see how it compares to some of the best tuners out there?

Adam from Revolution will be at the 5.0 Shootout.
I've been working with Adam for some time now.... You could say he runs an AED based tune, or you could say AED tunes are Revolution based. They are very nearly one in the same due to our close working relationship.

The tune in my car is definately NOT dangerous.
Here are the differences in the tune I run vs what I do for customers:

1. Leaner WOT A/F (.85 vs .84) due to the stoich difference of the race gas mix I run vs the average 91-93 ethanol blend fuel most customers run.
2. I do not pull any timing from the first 4 in the firing order like Stock Ford tunes. This is the same way JPC, Adam from Revolution, and my others run their 'race' tunes. Customer's get factory settings until I can get a CLEAR answer as to why timing is removed, so the first 4 cylinders in the firing order run 2 degrees less timing on all mail order AED tunes.
3. I run the 'Drag' version of the tune all the time. I hate Advance Trac and the 'nannies' getting in my way!
4..... There is no 3. I run a 91 octane curve and let the Knocks add as necessary to compensate for the fuel I run (typically a 50/50 blend of 91 and 104)

My car isn't a stripped out race car either. I can't stand the factory seats as the way I drive the headrest is flat out annoying. Seats were going to be ditched regardless, why not a light weight set? I also have no use for the rear seats, so they were ditched which netted 16lbs so they claim. I removed the rear seat belts for an additional 7.5lbs. Kind of offsets the weight gain when I run E85 as it's 1lb per gallon heavier and I race on 3/4+ tank fuel. (weight in front of the rear tires is not a bad thing)
Other than that and a few other minor things like no windshield wipers/motor/reservior (I will NEVER drive this car in any kind of weather, so why not remove parts that aren't used?) there's nothing 'racey' about the car. I will be driving it to Thunder Hill for some road course fun before driving it home and driving it to the drag strip. All-around racer / daily driver IF I wanted....but I love my 7.3PSD WAY to much to drive around a mustang daily.

stang8psi

Established Member
Cool shaun I'll ask him first hand when I see him at the track.. cause for a fact I have seen his cars run in my area long before your name even popped if for tuning these cars. Again I am not saying you can't do this or that but maybe because I have the biggest players here on the east coast, but they have all said the same things. I am sure you know what info they are saying, again we can keep that quiet if you want, I am just not seeing or hearing anything past this forum... Haven't seen anything over here on the east coast that can back all these statements up.. I don't want a tuner vs tuner war. I am sure you already had that before. All in all its all about proving shit now days. And there have been a lot of shops and tuners who have done so.

This thread was started to ask people who have a new 5.0 who and what shop to use.. it wasn't a put some chum in the water and have all the aed fans who have no experience in this particular car or platform to respond.

Stanger00

Established Member
Cool shaun I'll ask him first hand when I see him at the track.. cause for a fact I have seen his cars run in my area long before your name even popped if for tuning these cars. Again I am not saying you can't do this or that but maybe because I have the biggest players here on the east coast, but they have all said the same things. I am sure you know what info they are saying, again we can keep that quiet if you want, I am just not seeing or hearing anything past this forum... Haven't seen anything over here on the east coast that can back all these statements up.. I don't want a tuner vs tuner war. I am sure you already had that before. All in all its all about proving shit now days. And there have been a lot of shops and tuners who have done so.

This thread was started to ask people who have a new 5.0 who and what shop to use.. it wasn't a put some chum in the water and have all the aed fans who have no experience in this particular car or platform to respond.

I think I remember you from Delaware. You had a pro charged GT back then and were friends with a few of the startup guys at mustang tuning/American Muscle. Nice to see you back in a mustang :rockon:. I think you were part of a meet where we had about 6 or so supercharged 2 valves near Baltimore one day. I still have the same silver GT and was still on the stock long block till a few months ago. Still waiting on a trans before the crew at AED finishes it up.

I don't really care for this 2011 and up tuning stuff. Just dropped in to :beer: on the new Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread