best tuner for 2012 5.0

faztcobra

Established Member
I am sorry A tuner that wants logs from cars that have tunes already and than cut them up and revise, revise, revise, revise, revise Etc.
He doesn't necessarily want logs from cars that have tunes already...even if the car is bone freaking stock, he wants logs. I presume this is to verify someone has a healthy car when they come to him - so they aren't bringing their troubles to him. I know if someone already had a problem with their car and I were a tuner, I wouldn't want my tune to be the one to uncover a pre-existing problem. I don't know if that's his reasons or not, but it makes sense.

AED may or may not be the best. It's truly the end user's opinion...which is what this thread was all about. There may be a bunch of us AED nut huggers here, but I wonder why more and more of the other tuner's end users aren't more vocal about how great their tunes are?

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
This thread is whats the best tuner? In Fact all this site has is AED nut swingers.. But When did shaun start tuning the new 5.0 platform? months ago no one knew who shaun was in the 5.0 game. Maybe for the sn95/new edges he was great,he was also the only tuner and the guy that says a factory tune is dangerous and Possibly going to cause you a #8 Problem! I am sorry A tuner that wants logs from cars that have tunes already and than cut them up and revise,revise,revise,revise,revise Etc. Etc I wouldn' trust. A basic bolt on car is not that hard to get dialed and there shouldnt be oh I got a new revision from shaun. After all These are the people who claim there cars are and run like a beast... Than why are you getting another revission, And than boast how much more powerfull the car is this and that.. Makes no sense. Now for my own sake I have Had Chris look at my Log Just because the weather is changing and I am just getting the car out. But everything seems to be fine. AFR is fine, Timing is good, Car put great numbers up at a recent dyno day.

So If your cars are all Badass from an aed tune than post us why. Numbers, times and comparissons from previous tunes, why did you switch, Did you let previous tuner try and work out what was bothersome. Forums are all about oppinions, And it seems There is only AED and thats it but know one besides Mikeltd has posted his times etc..

And my Car has trapped in the 118-119+ mph range also...

The truth of the matter is there are several sites that have AED nutswingers. There is a good reason for that. They do great work! Shaun has been throwing out great tunes for a long time new 5.0 or old. For several years now they have been doing great builds, quality work, and giving customers great tunes. So yes...nut swinging happens for a reason!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
AED may or may not be the best. It's truly the end user's opinion...which is what this thread was all about. There may be a bunch of us AED nut huggers here, but I wonder why more and more of the other tuner's end users aren't more vocal about how great their tunes are?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.:poke::poke:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member

Mostly because they don't want to get into pissy matches with nuthangers. And that is almost a verbatum quote expressed by several of our customers.

One thing that some people in this forum have forgotten is that everyone has the right to choose the tuner they want to work with. Just because their choice is not your choice should make no difference. Respect their right to choose.

stang8psi

Established Member
I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.:poke::poke:

I know why also.... Well from at least the tuners standpoint! You guys can all believe what you want, But for me I wouldn't trust a tuner who only has been in the 5.0's tuning game the least and one who just hasen't been proven long enough to be Called the Best sorry..

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
This thread is whats the best tuner? In Fact all this site has is AED nut swingers.. But When did shaun start tuning the new 5.0 platform? months ago no one knew who shaun was in the 5.0 game. Maybe for the sn95/new edges he was great,he was also the only tuner and the guy that says a factory tune is dangerous and Possibly going to cause you a #8 Problem! I am sorry A tuner that wants logs from cars that have tunes already and than cut them up and revise,revise,revise,revise,revise Etc. Etc I wouldn' trust. A basic bolt on car is not that hard to get dialed and there shouldnt be oh I got a new revision from shaun. After all These are the people who claim there cars are and run like a beast... Than why are you getting another revission, And than boast how much more powerfull the car is this and that.. Makes no sense. Now for my own sake I have Had Chris look at my Log Just because the weather is changing and I am just getting the car out. But everything seems to be fine. AFR is fine, Timing is good, Car put great numbers up at a recent dyno day.

So If your cars are all Badass from an aed tune than post us why. Numbers, times and comparissons from previous tunes, why did you switch, Did you let previous tuner try and work out what was bothersome. Forums are all about oppinions, And it seems There is only AED and thats it but know one besides Mikeltd has posted his times etc..

I race my car all of the time. I post my times, my slips, videos of me racing my car, etc.

I went to Shaun because I read threads about his own personal car and the results he was getting. I was running a Ford Pro-Cal tune, because I was initially afraid to tune the car due to the #8 issues. I figured I would be "safe" going with an FRPP tune. However, the tune started to ping about a month after I installed it. It was the dead of winter, and I could not get the car to stop pinging, unless I ran octane booster and used the "octane adjust" feature of the tune. I was disappointed and I wanted more. I ran a best of 12.8 @ 112.7 with the FRPP tune, on street tires and in mineshaft air of -900 DA.

I spoke to Shaun, I picked his brain. I decided, based upon his responses, that he had both the knowledge and dedication I was looking for. Plus, he seemed to have an innovative approach, which proved to be correct. Since I have begun tuning with Shaun, we have dialed in my car. Parts have been changed that have required additional revisions and experimentation. Shaun has also come up with some new approaches to issues that face all tuners. This is why there have been revisions along the way. Sure, Shaun could have declared the tune done months ago and stopped experimenting. However, I like the fact that he keeps digging, keeps asking questions and finding answers.

My car runs strong. It is enjoyable to drive. It has no strange issues, it makes power throughout the rev range and Shuan's drag tune is great for track use. How many 3.31 geared N/A cars have gone 119.42? As far as I know, I am the only one. The quickest 3.31 car that I have seen is DTRs, he went 11.88 to my 11.90. He has an AED based tune as well. He also went 118.

I am sure there are other tuners that can get excellent results. However, I am not sure there are others that will treat me as well as Shaun. This is why I recommend him to others. I do not "swing" upon his nuts, I share my personal experiences with others. There is a difference.

That is why AED is my tuner of choice.

Mike

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
AED may or may not be the best. It's truly the end user's opinion...which is what this thread was all about. There may be a bunch of us AED nut huggers here, but I wonder why more and more of the other tuner's end users aren't more vocal about how great their tunes are?[/QUOTE]

Mostly because they don't want to get into pissy matches with nuthangers. And that is almost a verbatum quote expressed by several of our customers.

One thing that some people in this forum have forgotten is that everyone has the right to choose the tuner they want to work with. Just because their choice is not your choice should make no difference. Respect their right to choose.

Agree!!! there are many out there and Most of the great tuning shops out there Know one another and don't need these forums to SELL anything they have thier work that follows them and Records that do to.. But to each there own and I have only been trying to get people to actually post up whats so great about one vs another if they are so hell bent on switching.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Friends 2011 GT - Auto - Lund tune, Roush axle back and M/T drag radials.
[email protected] - 1.80 60'

So all experienced tuner can get great results. Being an auto he is 10 rwhp short of a MT also.

coyotestang

Established Member
if there was some proof that one tuner vs another was better dyno numbers or track i may try another.. but id put my n/a bbr tuned 5.0 up against any other tune out there

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Friends 2011 GT - Auto - Lund tune, Roush axle back and M/T drag radials.
[email protected] - 1.80 60'

So all experienced tuner can get great results. Being an auto he is 10 rwhp short of a MT also.

The autos are quick. The A6 is hard to tune, but those that get it right are rewarded. Look at what Kris and WBT have done.

I would love to have a C-4 in my car. I bet if I had a C-4 in my car it would be in the bottom of the 11's. Nothing shifts faster than an auto!

Mike

faztcobra

Established Member
Agree!!! there are many out there and Most of the great tuning shops out there Know one another and don't need these forums to SELL anything they have thier work that follows them and Records that do to.. But to each there own and I have only been trying to get people to actually post up whats so great about one vs another if they are so hell bent on switching.
I agree. There's lots of Lund fans out there and for good reason. I don't deter them from praising his work. However, I will speak out about what I didn't like whether it was the tune or customer service from companies I have dealt with. In my case, I was turned off by responses I received from my first tuner. I also didn't want to try 15 different tunes. I wanted to do it one more time and do it right. IMO, I made the choice I needed to. I'm sure many people are happy with their tuners. Had they been more vocal about it and why...then I might have tried that company/tuner instead.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

He asks for datalogs to make sure the car has a clean bill of health before the tuning starts. Your misinformed about a few things here. There is NOTHING wrong with revisions, are you crazy? Nothing is ever perfect right of the bat or that cant be improved upon. Most of the revisions he gives out are based on improvements that he's discovered on his own 5.0. Whats wrong with a revision for a personal touch or request!??! And your right, basic bolt on cars are not hard to dial in, hes got that down pat. But where many stop and move on, he continues to try and improve on. Nothing is perfect, EVER...theres always room for improvement. If your happy with your tuner and where he has tuned you...good for you. If you feel that for x mods there is no getting better with said tune approach, good for you. But i for one, appreciate that Shaun is always pushing and pulling and trying new things out to get these cars running stronger. Nut swingers...now thats funny...ill continue to recommend AED as i see fit...

mikestoyz

Established Member
Shaun is the mad scientist!!!
The cost of the tune is insignificant to me. I am trusting him with a 6,000 crate engine replacement.

Im sure there are other tuners out there that can achieve same dyno numbers. But with the scope of knowledge I have of cars, and tuning, Shaun makes me feel most confident in him that he is indeed actually interested in my car running its best....and most importantly safe.

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
This thread is whats the best tuner? In Fact all this site has is AED nut swingers.. But When did shaun start tuning the new 5.0 platform? (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/841875-aeds-recipe-domination.html... here is the first 5.0 tuned by shaun back in December 2010.. this is the most recent the car has gone, read though it.) months ago no one knew who shaun was in the 5.0 game. Maybe for the sn95/new edges he was great,he was also the only tuner and the guy that says a factory tune is dangerous and Possibly going to cause you a #8 Problem! It's true, do research, its out there. Factory cars are poppingI am sorry A tuner that wants logs from cars that have tunes already and than cut them up and revise,revise,revise,revise,revise Etc. Etc I wouldn' trust. A basic bolt on car is not that hard to get dialed and there shouldnt be oh I got a new revision from shaun. After all These are the people who claim there cars are and run like a beast... Than why are you getting another revission, And than boast how much more powerfull the car is this and that.. Makes no sense. Now for my own sake I have Had Chris look at my Log Just because the weather is changing and I am just getting the car out. But everything seems to be fine. AFR is fine, Timing is good, Car put great numbers up at a recent dyno day.

So If your cars are all Badass from an aed tune than post us why. Numbers, times and comparissons from previous tunes, why did you switch, Did you let previous tuner try and work out what was bothersome. Forums are all about oppinions, And it seems There is only AED and thats it but know one besides Mikeltd has posted his times etc.. see link above

I know why also.... Well from at least the tuners standpoint! You guys can all believe what you want, But for me I wouldn't trust a tuner who only has been in the 5.0's tuning game the least and one who just hasen't been proven long enough to be Called the Best sorry..again see above.... in fact http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/739478-2011-gt-5-0-aed-tuned-437hp-424tq.html here is the original thread for the first 5.0 back in 2010. back in revision 1 of shauns tune. still running 11s.

see red

every site is going to have tuner followers... in fact, just go to the GT500 section and ask which tune to get. You will only get Lund or VMP answers. But I still perfer shaun@aed. My car rips harder on a street tune than it did my prior race tune (email tune). Also picked up 30rwhp on the dyno.

again, people have said it before, it's more about customer service and preference. Shaun is not the only vendor on this site who I'd do business with, but he is one of the best I've used.
and if you are happy with what you are using... stick with it.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
After reading all of this, now I'm just more skepitcal about having my 12 tuned by anyone. I don't want to blow anything up or have any issues.It's a nice car and I don't wanna F it up! :(

TheYeti

Established Member
After reading all of this, now I'm just more skepitcal about having my 12 tuned by anyone. I don't want to blow anything up or have any issues.It's a nice car and I don't wanna F it up! :(

true, but thats with any car. At least Shaun asks for datalogs so the A/F should be safe and if its off, it can be fixed rather quickly. I would be concerned about getting a tune from Joe Schmo but I wouldnt have a problem getting one from AED, Bama, Steeda, etc.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

An since you feel that way you are much better off not modding an staying stock. Enjoy the car as ford made it.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
I was worried about tuning and having problems but after reading so much about shaun and how knowledgable he is about these cars, i feel safe having him tube my car once he dials in the auto tunes

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
AED may or may not be the best. It's truly the end user's opinion...which is what this thread was all about. There may be a bunch of us AED nut huggers here, but I wonder why more and more of the other tuner's end users aren't more vocal about how great their tunes are?[/QUOTE]

Hey Linn did you forget at one time you guys had a bunch of nut swingers when the 03-04 cobras came out. So I don't see why you would even bring that up. Also you bring up the fact that people have there choice of a tuner an you should respect that but when they decide to choose someone other than you guys you post up you should give Rick a call.

stang8psi

Established Member
I respect if it's the customer service you like from AED but if you guys actually had conversations with alot of shops and ones that have the fastest 5.0's in the country you'll understand where i come from on my reasonings to doubt or just not have my car in AED's hands on the tuning aspect of the 5.0 trust me there are pleanty behined the scene info Shaun will never tell. If your happy your happy.. But there is a reason for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread