Best Shifter

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Travis from SVT is coming down this weekend to do a video debut of the new rear bracket assembly we have designed. it basically takes the shifter to a new dimension of adjustability and personalization.

it will retrofit to all previous models of MGW shifter from 2005-present including GT500 models as well.

it will have 2 durometer rubber piller blocks that interchange. similar to the red and black bushings you get from other companies but much more effective at NVH dampening with VERY little reduction in precision.

the 2 options will basically "bookend" the standard bracket to the high and low side.

a softer street block for probably 80 percent of users that gives up very little in feel but is quieter and smoother in feel.

and a track block that is even stiffer than the standard bushing brackets.

pics and video coming soon i promise!!!

I want one!!!

Last edited:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
george, what size are the "classic" and "rally" shift balls!?

I have a 2" on my car now and it is perfect, i thinkthe 2.25" are too big. The roush one i had was 1.75" (too small)
is there a way to get a shift ball from you that is 2"?

Thanks!

the rally balls are 2..125 and our classic balls are 2.00 with pony, mgw or boss 302 logos on them with gear pattern on top.

George

Unrealford

Established Member
i will have them in stock in qtys. first of the year. give us a call anytime 706-793-1770

regards
george

Great news, I bought my MGW very soon after I bought my Boss.
I was never able to get the 2-3 shift at high rpm on the 1/4 before the MGW.
It completely fixed that.
I have only 1 issue with the shifter, it's the noise. I am SO glad your coming out with this update, I can't wait.
:banana:

Surfergeek

Established Member
Travis from SVT is coming down this weekend to do a video debut of the new rear bracket assembly we have designed. it basically takes the shifter to a new dimension of adjustability and personalization.

it will retrofit to all previous models of MGW shifter from 2005-present including GT500 models as well.

it will have 2 durometer rubber piller blocks that interchange. similar to the red and black bushings you get from other companies but much more effective at NVH dampening with VERY little reduction in precision.

the 2 options will basically "bookend" the standard bracket to the high and low side.

a softer street block for probably 80 percent of users that gives up very little in feel but is quieter and smoother in feel.

and a track block that is even stiffer than the standard bushing brackets.

pics and video coming soon i promise!!!

This is cool news. Love my MGW but for street driving an easy interchange bracket would be awesome.

Will these be going up on your website for owners of the current model to order when they are available?

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
For those of you who bought this shifter....did you have to pay in full up front or just put down a deposit?

Im debating getting "on the list" for a shifter, knob, bracket combo!

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
OK cool...on the list!

Called MGW and they said it would ship by next week for the shifter, but I opted to wait till the new bracket is ready. Sometime mid January the bracket and shifter will be ready!

jlwdvm

Established Member
I installed my Barton shifter and bracket (not the 2-post) that I had in my previous 2011 GT into my 2013 Boss and had trouble with the 1-2 gate. The shifter would go into the 1-2, but only if the shifter wasn't pushed all the way to the left before trying to engage 1/2. This shifter was purchased in the spring of 2011. I contacted Dave at Barton and tried a few things...nothing worked. Kept the bracket but installed the original shifter...problem solved. Sent the shifter back to Barton so Dave could look at it. He said they had been contacted by Shelby America for similar problems on some of their GT350's. Turns out there was a mid-run change in the casting of the shifter housing by Ford that doesn't agree with the early shifters (If I understand Dave correctly). He is waiting on some info from Ford to get the problem corrected. Excellent customer service from Dave and Barton!

Got the revised shifter installed and finally had a stretch of decent weather to get the car out of the garage and try it out. Works flawlessly thanks to Dave at Barton! They had to do a little machining on it as far as I can tell to get the 1-2 gates to match better with my 2013. While I was at it, I installed Dynamat anywhere on the shifter I could get it to help with some vibration and noise I was getting at around 2300 rpm in my '11 that was still there when I initially tried this shifter in my Boss...gone! They didn't charge me a cent...Thanks again Barton...love the shifter!

Users who are viewing this thread