Best Shifter

idhitit

Established Member
I have been looking for a shifter for this car as the factory one isn't that great. What would you recommend and why? I have been looking at the Barton shifter with the 2 post bracket as the first mod for this car.

I am going to remove the helper spring tonight and see how that feels as well. I have seen nothing but positive results posted.

Thanks
Steve

:beer:

straightliner1

Established Member

torkey

Established Member
Just got my first MGW and installed it last week. Great shifter. Very happy with it.

idhitit

Established Member
Wow the overwhelming response of MGW and watching the videos I am purchasing one and as soon as possible. Thanks!

torkey

Established Member
Was it difficult to install? Require dropping of the transmission?

I dont know that I'd say difficult. Definitely doable though. Some of the bits were a little tough to get to or hold while fastening etc etc. If you had a friend helping out it would definitely help. Would solve many of the problems I had while working on it.

svt1111

Established Member
Stock. I am the one out of 10 who thinks the stock shifter feels great. Never had a problem with it. If I miss a gear it's because of my driving usually.

I did have an MGW in my GT500 and felt that is was a very high quality piece.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Stock. I am the one out of 10 who thinks the stock shifter feels great. Never had a problem with it. If I miss a gear it's because of my driving usually.

I did have an MGW in my GT500 and felt that is was a very high quality piece.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

although being embarrassed but proud to say at the same time we STILL are selling these faster than i can make them i really should not be pushing you but i swear i feel so confident in this design with the latest tweaks i have done ( i have had a 12 boss and now a 13 laguna seca) even though you might think the stocker is fine. this thing truly will transform your car on the roadcourse to a different level.

i have tracked 2 porsche gt3's and i am telling you it is on par!!:beer:

george

Users who are viewing this thread