Best Place to buy an MGW shifter.

Stang2WRX

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
yes i had left the shift stops in, i mis read, i thought it said you were suppost to install them with the exception of the T56 (our tranny).

Umm, You left them in but you thought it said not to install them on a T56???

One of the reason's I bought this shifter was for the stops... and you're post needs some clarifying.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
question, when you guys had the stock shifter, did the shifts feel very notchy and not want to go into gear? sometimes I really have to push hard to get them in gear and I dont know if its because of the crappy stock shifter or something else is wrong. I already know from reading numerous posts on numerous mustang sites that I am getting the MGW shifter but I dont want to get it and install it and find out my trans is bad and then the dealership try to say its because I have an aftermarket shifter.

missile man

Established Member
You guys are killin me. I ordered mine on Friday. I can't wait either. This is my early B-day present. When is Father's Day! LOL!!!

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Yeah....I'll be getting mine next week. I tried to get there friday, but was too late...damn job of mine. hehe

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Ordered mine today!. So i'm a little confused by someone's post above.. Do you remove the Allen Screws or is the Stops already preset for our cars?

Thanks!
Brian

Stang2WRX

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Ordered mine today!. So i'm a little confused by someone's post above.. Do you remove the Allen Screws or is the Stops already preset for our cars?

Thanks!
Brian

the stops come threaded all the way in so the lever is stationary during shipping. If it didn't come like that, the lever could bang back and forth and scar itself. Now, apparently the T-56 ha "internal stops" but i am paranoid of breaking the clutch fork... MGW states that Tremec ensures that shift stops are un-necessary for the T-56. I took their word for it, hopefully they were right.

1kftlbs

Established Member
MGW, I also ordered one for my T-56 about 2 months ago and it is great. The best shifter I have ever felt. Thank you for making a great product!!!

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
ok just ordered mine, I know its one of the quiter shifters out there but I know I read somewhere someone has a gasket that helps to, anyone know where that is at?

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
thanks! just ordered that to. hopefully it will all be here before the easter holiday so it will make the drive a little easier.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
So I'm about 5'11 and like to sit laid back a bit.. What would be the best 360 degree position on the shifter? Is everyone finding like 7'oClock position the best or is everyone locking in different positions based on feel?

Thanks
Brian.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yea i use 7:30 i'm 5'10". another thing, should i change my tranny fluid? because when i did the install the fluid barely came up to where i could see it, is this normal? and honestly here, will going with GM syncromesh really smoothe out the shifts and make powershifting easier? bottom line, what will make powershifting easier?

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
hhhm ordered mine on the 18th still not here, today is the 24th. really hope it shows up today so I can install before my road trip.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
well it showed up along with my dr's. but only problem ups man showed up so late I will have to wait to install this weekend. oh well at least once I get to my destination I can install there for some drag racing and the trip back. very in depth instructions, very nice, pics are just th eright touch to. gets a big thumbs up in my book. will probably coment more after the install.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
yea i use 7:30 i'm 5'10". another thing, should i change my tranny fluid? because when i did the install the fluid barely came up to where i could see it, is this normal? and honestly here, will going with GM syncromesh really smoothe out the shifts and make powershifting easier? bottom line, what will make powershifting easier?

GM Synchromesh, half a bottle of Ford Friction Modifier (XL-7) and a Fiore Clutch Quadrant/Firewall Adjuster. There is not better shifting a Terminator than with those mods matched with the MGW shifter. Period.....

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
thanks jackers, i'll take your advice. i remember reading something on that Fiore clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster, where can i get one of those and how much? now i just need to go to a GM dealership and get some of that synchromesh and then to ford for the friction modifier. thanks again jackers, please respond when you get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread