Best Place to buy an MGW shifter.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Stang2WRX said:
thought there may be a cheaper place

we make our own shifter and sell it direct exclusively. what you guys really should know is that this is truely a 179.00 shifter. we do not have a dealer price because frankly there is no room and the shifter would easily retail for over 250.00. the reason you see the other shifters out there all over the place in price is because they actually cost about 75-95 dollars to manufacture.

i am working on getting the shifter better and better each time i run them and also maybe trying to get the price down at some point. but for now i just am unwilling to sacrifice any quality just to make a cheaper product.

regards
george

hunterp

Established Member
MGW said:
we make our own shifter and sell it direct exclusively. what you guys really should know is that this is truely a 179.00 shifter. we do not have a dealer price because frankly there is no room and the shifter would easily retail for over 250.00. the reason you see the other shifters out there all over the place in price is because they actually cost about 75-95 dollars to manufacture.

i am working on getting the shifter better and better each time i run them and also maybe trying to get the price down at some point. but for now i just am unwilling to sacrifice any quality just to make a cheaper product.

regards
george

This is an outstanding product and well worth the cost. Other shifters cost just as much and aren't as good as this one. You'll get your money's worth at this price.

Black'03GT

Established Member
MGW said:

regards
george

George, I got my shifter a few weeks ago. Quality is second to none. Even the packaging/directions are top notch. Thanks for making a top quality product.

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
I second what George just said as I installed shifter last week and couldn't be happier--quick shipping helps also.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I'm surprised MGW sells it for the price on their website. It's so cheap. If you want a cheaper shifter, buy a crowbar, jam it in there, and glue a knob to the top of it :rolleyes: Or you could buy a UPR shifter, or save that UPR shifter money and buy a lot of canned SPAM :rollseyes

Stang2WRX said:
Where can I get an MGW shifter guys?

I don't wanna spend $9999999

-Thanks.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
MGW said:
...snip but for now i just am unwilling to sacrifice any quality just to make a cheaper product.

regards
george

TOP NOTCH, FIRST CLASS, outstanding products and being responsive to our small niche market, not much else to say but thank you for doing what you do and then selling them at a fair price.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
postban said:
TOP NOTCH, FIRST CLASS, outstanding products and being responsive to our small niche market, not much else to say but thank you for doing what you do and then selling them at a fair price.

well i can see we just cannot please everybody :shrug:

just kidding thanks for the kind words and how did you get your fonts sooo biiggg ??? :burnout:
and thanks for the compliments guys :beer:

Stang2WRX

Established Member
MGW said:
well i can see we just cannot please everybody :shrug:

just kidding thanks for the kind words and how did you get your fonts sooo biiggg ??? :burnout:
and thanks for the compliments guys :beer:

I want to order one.. have any dimensions on the red vs. blue handle? or a profile picture of them side by side... I want to see exaxtly how much teller the lever is with the red then with the blue.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Stang2WRX said:
I want to order one.. have any dimensions on the red vs. blue handle? or a profile picture of them side by side... I want to see exaxtly how much teller the lever is with the red then with the blue.

red handle is exactly .500" LONGER front to back than the blue handle and...

exactly .300" taller than the blue handle height wise. not a great deal when worrying about the boot fitting or anything but enough to notice when shifting.

regards
george

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
Don't even think about the $180.......the improvement in shiftability is unbelievable! I have had my MGW shifter for about 1 month and I am very very pleased with my purchase. Every time I drive the car, I keep saying " man, this is a great shifter". $180 bux......$180 bux.....best $180 I have ever spent!

Just plunck do wn the cash and drive happy :beer:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yea i ordered mine saturday, i'm hoping for it to come by friday as well! i can't wait to get it, i've heard nothing but GOOD things about this shifter.

Hot Wheels

Established Member
Only mod I've done to my car so far...... but what a tremendous improvent over the stock shifter.
It was an easy decision after reading all of the positive comments on this board.

Waiting for a baseline dyno and then CAI and Cat-Back.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread