Best Place to buy an MGW shifter.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
quad said:
How much of a difference does it make? I have a pretty long reach so I'm not really sure what benefit I would gain by rotating it a couple of degrees clockwise :shrug: I can see that it would bring the shifter knob a little closer to your body though... maybe I'll give it a try and see how it feels. It is a bit of a bitch to get that damn cover off :bash:
Big difference...and my arms are long.

quad

Established Member
RUgoinup? said:
Big difference...and my arms are long.
I moved it to 7 and it feels good! Thanks for the tip!

shifter.gif

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Cant Wait

I order mine after reading about it in a magazine, however after reading this I cant wait to get back and try it . Delivery was really fast for me in the MD area I will give my 0.02 when I get back home but so far I have been researching this the best shifter availeable and good price too THANKS AHAEAD MGW :rockon: BTW did you guys ship my blings yet :coolman: I hope all the bling stuff has the same quality as the shifter

LUIS A FIGUEROA
SNAKE IS IN THE GARAGE :sleeping:
OWNER DEPLOYED :cryying:
SCMC #01239

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Well, ordered mine last Friday and it arrived yesterday. As soon as I got home from work, I installed it.

-Easy install
-Great instructions
...AND
OUTSTANDING product! This rocks, what a nice difference this made!!

mrose75

Established Member
I just got mine in the mail today. Quick question though, install with or without shift stops?

nugen

Established Member
You guys make me want to rip out my Pro 5.0 shifter (that I love so far, no complaints) and throw $179 at MGW just to try this thing. Red handle for me. Maybe I'll try it out when I get home. Do I need to replace the inner shift boot if I already modified it for the Pro 5.0?

Last edited:

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
BadMoFo said:
thanks! just ordered that to. hopefully it will all be here before the easter holiday so it will make the drive a little easier.

Just be careful not to over-torque the bolts. It's easy to do because the gasket compresses, making it hard for you to tell if it's tight enough and people have been known to strip the threads on the tranny.

Babino

Established Member
Beautiful product. I installed my shifter with red handle today and can confirm that this 'mod' is my best yet for the overall drivability of the car. Thank you MGW for a great product that obviously is manufactured with the best available materials - bravo.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Just got one. Don't have it installed yet, but the instructions and the quality of the shifter as far as looking at it are great. I'll put a post up to say how I like it in the car, probably goin in this weekend

03svtsnakevert

COPASNICKA
Established Member
well..I hate to cuss on here but...

I bought a pro ripper for my 03 Cobra and don't like the feel....gonna try and sell it to buy none other than the infamous MGW shifter :beer: ...

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
put mine in a week ago. There are no complaints from me about any part of this swap. first of all, it only took me about 20 mintues to switch it out so it's probably the easiest mod that i've done so far and it's by far my favorite. the 7 o' clock position i decided to go with plus the orange handle is far enough back and over that that i can reach every gear without moving around in the seat even with my short arms. the throws are tight, precise, and about 1/2 the length of stock. i highly recommend it even if your not into racing that much, even normal driving is more enjoyable to me now because it's much more comfortable. definitely will be at the top of my mods list on any mustang i own in the future, absolutely worth the $179.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
hey guys sorry to be the ignorant one hear, but just a couple questions, I am planning on getting the red one, i hear it is the better one for daily driving. True or false. also can i still use the stock shift knob, and boot. will it look stock. i dont want to change it unless i can get a boot on it. and i shouldnt have problems with warranty correct? thanks guys

tankerman1981

Established Member
I have the MGWshort throw with the newer orange handle and I've never had any problems getting warrenty work done on my car.... ohh and by the way the stock shift knob and boot fit on the MGW

UA-135A

Established Member
Mike_Hawk said:
What's up with the orange handle, and where did red and blue go? :??:

EDIT: Search is my friend. Link

The red/blue are no more. They have switched to an orange handle that combines the easy reach of the red with the throw of the blue.

Here's an email I got from George of MGW.

i have been trying to get this across to all the boards to no avail :>(

please spread the word because the real deal is as follows...

the new orange hande IS in fact just as short as the blue handle,. it
also has the reach of the red. it is NOT in between the 2 but rather
gives BOTH the good aspects of each. i did not simply change the hanlde. i
had to actually change the design of the shifter center shaft in order
to acheive this. there is no need for a blue handle since the orange is
the same HEIGHT and no need for the red handle since the orange gives
the same REACH.

regards
george

Users who are viewing this thread