Best midpipe and headers to buy?

h4cHi

Established Member
During the winter I am completely doing a bunch of mods one of which includes A 2.9 Whipple and I need to get a new mid-pipe and headers and having a hard time figuring out what I want. As of right now I'm leaning towards Pypes. Any and all input appreciated =)

Joey8

Established Member
american racing 1 7/8 longtube headers with there off-road h. Awesome fitment and it sounds bad@ss

mhyjek

Established Member
Stainless Works American Made fit is awesome and make great power! Yeah I'm biased but did I say made in the USA.

stang910

Established Member
I put JBA headers on my car for a few reasons. The first was the price, I got them from AM a couple months ago for $465 when they were on sale. I like that they use V-band clamps for the h-pipe and that they reuse the factory studs and being 1-7/8" primaries it made the choice even easier. Being a cheaper header I was a little worried about the fitment, but they fit perfect and I was able to use an air ratchet or hand ratchet on all but 2 nuts. Those last 2 nuts I was able to use a ratcheting wrench on. Install took me about 2-1/2 hours. Is there a better quality header? Yes, but to me it isn't worth paying twice as much to get them.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
i went with stainless works. if i were to do it again i would go with arh...sw fitment sucked bbc

I JUST put a set of SW 1-7/8" headers on my car and the fitment was absolutely perfect! They fit like a glove!

Stainless Works! Top shelf quality and EXCELLENT fitment.

1382054702_zpsd292419c.jpg

1382054704_zps7f626b5e.jpg

1382307363_zps330180c3.jpg

1382307669_zpsc682639a.jpg

1382319342_zps8f494adc.jpg

:dancenana::pepper:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
My SW headers hit my kmember causing an annoying rattle at low rpms. The fitment is horrible. I'd stay far away from them.

goat-ee

Established Member
I put JBA headers on my car for a few reasons. The first was the price, I got them from AM a couple months ago for $465 when they were on sale. I like that they use V-band clamps for the h-pipe and that they reuse the factory studs and being 1-7/8" primaries it made the choice even easier. Being a cheaper header I was a little worried about the fitment, but they fit perfect and I was able to use an air ratchet or hand ratchet on all but 2 nuts. Those last 2 nuts I was able to use a ratcheting wrench on. Install took me about 2-1/2 hours. Is there a better quality header? Yes, but to me it isn't worth paying twice as much to get them.

2-1/2 hours? I thought headers were supposed to be a GIANT PITA!?!?:shrug:

stang910

Established Member
2-1/2 hours? I thought headers were supposed to be a GIANT PITA!?!?:shrug:

I thought they were pretty easy. I was able to use air tools to remove all the nuts on the stock headers and like I said earlier on install I was able to use an air ratchet or hand ratchet on all but 2 nuts. The drivers side was cake and I had that done in well under a hour. The passenger side took a little longer because of the starter and I had to drop down that side of the K member to squeeze the header in. Once in place though all the nuts were easily accessible. Once the starter and motor mount brackets are removed you'd be amazed how much room is under there to work.

Users who are viewing this thread