Best midpipe and headers to buy?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
In the process of installing ARH /w or/x pipe. The shop is surprised at the fitment and quality, but is annoyed at how long and how much a PITA it is to install. Going on 5 hours now.

lovebread

Established Member
Your wish is granted!

what about Kooks Shorties with O/R H pipe?

[youtube_browser]0ssQNJDRO6o[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]bCJZ2vmCsT8[/youtube_browser]

Kooks Shorty to Lethal H to JPC OTA to GT500.

Tried and true, zero drone and instant smiles upon throttle.

Action Bronson

Established Member
Your wish is granted!

[youtube_browser]0ssQNJDRO6o[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]bCJZ2vmCsT8[/youtube_browser]

Kooks Shorty to Lethal H to JPC OTA to GT500.

Tried and true, zero drone and instant smiles upon throttle.

Damn that sounds badass. Exact set up I want to get eventually. Thanks for posting that.

I wonder if the popping would be reduced if I was to leave the stock OTA and resonators

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
They sound good. DO you know how much hp the shorties gave you? I have a lethal o/r hpipe but probably switch to high flow cats if I get long tubes. To much of a hassle to find a shop to pass me during inspection time they could get fined n what not

lovebread

Established Member
They sound good. DO you know how much hp the shorties gave you? I have a lethal o/r hpipe but probably switch to high flow cats if I get long tubes. To much of a hassle to find a shop to pass me during inspection time they could get fined n what not

No idea. I expect they give a good 15-20hp over stock headers at the least. Dyno shows 426.7hp@6650/397.4ftlbs@4475 coupled with Boss IM, Airraid PJ intake and Accufab TB for throttle response.

Well worth it, keeps things relatively smog "friendly" if I want to swap in the stock H pipe since Lethal H pipe is for off road use only. I'm sure Nick@JDM will roll around to say he has a great price so hit him up :)

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Cant go wrong with Kooks 7-8/Kooks mid pipe or ARH 7-8/ARH mid pipe. IMO both have the best quality and if you ever hear the full exhaust set-up by either brand they sound good. SW is a quality piece too but their full exhaust sounds off to me

Users who are viewing this thread