Best midpipe and headers to buy?

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Hey everyone this is very helpful as my next big mod will probably be headers I cnt decide if I should go high flows cats or off road but in NY I need cats to pass inspection unless I can find somewhere to go. Will I lose a decent amount of hp if I get high flows?

Also are the kooks shorties rlly that good and have similar gains to long tubes? Or is the extra money worth getting long tubes?

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
what about Kooks Shorties with O/R H pipe?

I vote Kooks but doesn't the Coyote already come with a decent shorty setup from the factory? I've heard there is no need for the 1 7/8 but the 1 3/4 kit works great.

With a power adder on top I'm sure these lengths will play a large role yes no maybe so?

ViciousJay

Established Member
just get a midpipe, these manifolds flow extremely well from the factory, no need to waste 1K+

ExTurbo

Established Member
just get a midpipe, these manifolds flow extremely well from the factory, no need to waste 1K+

so headers dont make power? Im pretty sure there is power on the table between just a mid pipe vs headers. maybe its only 10-15 horse but the more power you make the bigger the disparity between the 2. You can definitely save money just going with mids but personally im gonna build the car as to get the most power out of the motor N/A, and prepare it if i ever put a blower on it down the road.

oh and to the OP

I've heard from multiple people ARH are the best, im putting them on my car next month, they have the best fitment and nicest design. not to mention they sound incredible on the car.

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
is the longtube header install possible without a lift? all i got is jackstands and alot of time.lol

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Ive done a few . I also agree the ARH fit nice with awesome quality. The SW rode the body and obviously vibrated and the quality wasn't as good as the ARH

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
I bought the JBA's 1 7/8" w/ catted H pipe.

Fitment was spot on, and installed in my garage on jackstands. 17 hour install, and the usual cuts, scraps, bruises and bleeding.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
How much hp do you think I would lose if I went high flow cats instead of o/r x pipe?

ViciousJay

Established Member
so headers dont make power? Im pretty sure there is power on the table between just a mid pipe vs headers. maybe its only 10-15 horse but the more power you make the bigger the disparity between the 2. You can definitely save money just going with mids but personally im gonna build the car as to get the most power out of the motor N/A, and prepare it if i ever put a blower on it down the road.

oh and to the OP

I've heard from multiple people ARH are the best, im putting them on my car next month, they have the best fitment and nicest design. not to mention they sound incredible on the car.

explain to me how people can run 10's without them... and no forced induction as well. Ill wait...

96juicedGT

Established Member
Anyone using BBK headers?

I will be running them with the O/R X. Will be going on next weekend. I have some buddies running them and they have zero issues. I have always had BBK headers on all of my other mustangs and hadn't had any problems. I will update when I install them and have some videos also.

Users who are viewing this thread