Best Mail Order Tune, 11-14GT & 12-13 Boss

Which mail order tune and why?

• Total voters

Shaun@AED

I love you too Terry.

FYI, 20% fuel trims means load, lb/min, NM, etc are all off by 20%. This can reach havoc in these cars as everything is inferred (calculations based on Maf data will be incorrect).
A6 Trans functions are scaled in RPM vs NM (Newton Meters).
Throttle angle is Load vs RPM. Ever get a surging throttle on heavy tip-in?

These Maf based calculations NEED to be correct in order to give the customer a quality tune.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i just ordered a tuner from bama, if i dont like their tune would i be able to use the tuner i got to put an aed one on if i got it? i tried to get bama to disable the high idle cold start in the tune but they acted like they couldnt

any tuner can send you something that could be loaded on your x3, as long as they work with sct software

I love you too Terry.

FYI, 20% fuel trims means load, lb/min, NM, etc are all off by 20%. This can reach havoc in these cars as everything is inferred (calculations based on Maf data will be incorrect).
A6 Trans functions are scaled in RPM vs NM (Newton Meters).
Throttle angle is Load vs RPM. Ever get a surging throttle on heavy tip-in?

These Maf based calculations NEED to be correct in order to give the customer a quality tune.

lol, group hug this morning! :)

I believe in tuning for the change in fuel as well. I was just pointing out that I've seen some testing done by members on other forums that shows an incredible ability to adapt

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Personally I think it looks bad when someone says, "I am going to do this, but, just so you are aware, we shouldn't bother..."

By what you(Lund) are saying, everyone who does take advantage of this, will get an e-mail from Lund stating that there tune is perfect.

There should be 0 revisions on N/A mail order tunes from Lund.

If there are, then he is flat out lying by saying they are not needed.

That, or it has blown up in his face a few many times where he should have datalogged and refused too and still doesn't want to admit it.

:poke:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Personally I think it looks bad when someone says, "I am going to do this, but, just so you are aware, we shouldn't bother..."

By what you(Lund) are saying, everyone who does take advantage of this, will get an e-mail from Lund stating that there tune is perfect.

There should be 0 revisions on N/A mail order tunes from Lund.

If there are, then he is flat out lying by saying they are not needed.

That, or it has blown up in his face a few many times where he should have datalogged and refused too and still doesn't want to admit it.

:poke:

Wow at least I'm not crazy for thinking that I would be pissed if I was told my n/a tune was perfect after being sent 1 tune with no datalog and then all of a sudden lund does a tune revision.

But yet everyone Is competing with LUND when LUND is the one changing...

Bud

Established Member
The public wants an addition to the Lund service, so they add it. Thinking that is a good thing but that is just me :shrug:

I voted Lund, they've done good on my cars and I like the support site. Gives a place to keep track of communication and log history all in one place instead of digging through emails to find stuff.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
The public wants an addition to the Lund service, so they add it. Thinking that is a good thing but that is just me :shrug:

I voted Lund, they've done good on my cars and I like the support site. Gives a place to keep track of communication and log history all in one place instead of digging through emails to find stuff.

Im not against LUND tuning at all, your car impresses the hell out of me and makes me want to buy the LUND turbo kit.

Angry50

Established Member
I went with BAMA for the free tune updates. I figured once a got a decent amount of mods done id try a different tune. either local dyno tune or AED. but free up dates is nice. ive been updated twice so far.

5.0jake

Established Member
Thread from the dead!!

The list should be updated:

AED
Mike R
Rev Auto
VMP
LUND
STEEDA

Angry50

I went with BAMA for the free tune updates. I figured once a got a decent amount of mods done id try a different tune. either local dyno tune or AED. but free up dates is nice. ive been updated twice so far.

I wouldn't even load that sketchy crap on my car. Go straight to AED or Mike R. They will work with you until it's right!

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
They all give free updates.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Hands down Lund!
When I was N/A and now FI they have never failed to provide great service, turn around times, advice.
Any little tweak I have asked for he has delivered.
Their web ticket system is second to none.
Hell he even worked on the 4th of July so I could have my car good to drive for the long weekend.

Lund is the only one ive used since going FI but I did go through quite a few tuners when I was NA and again Lund was my best pick.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Iv never seen customer service as top notch as AED or mike rousch. They both seem as if the only thing that matters in life is if the customer is happy. I'm big on customer service so that's why I say both of those dudes for tuning.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
AED and Lund with provide free updates with upgraded mods?

I'd like to know this as well. Just got my SCT 3015 and am looking at tuning my 2014 gt. Just want to be able to get update with new tunes when I add mods.

scotmach

Established Member
AED and Lund with provide free updates with upgraded mods?

I'd like to know this as well. Just got my SCT 3015 and am looking at tuning my 2014 gt. Just want to be able to get update with new tunes when I add mods.

Of course. As does VMP, JPC, and Mike Rousch etc etc. They just don't have fancy names on their tunes like "free tunes for life". And Bama's free tunes for life program is just on that particular vehicle.

Last edited:

RRMBrembo

Established Member
Of course. As does VMP, JPC, and Mike Rousch etc etc. They just don't have fancy names on their tunes like "free tunes for life". And Bama's free tunes for life program is just on that particular vehicle.

Thanks for the info!

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Just got dynoed today, 83 degrees out. Made 714hp/514tq
Not too shabby. My Lund tune is still on the safe side as far as AFR

momogt

Established Member
I started out with bama then c&L performance then vmp and the mike rousch I would take mike hands down for A6 tunes. not taking anything away from the others mike tunes just feel better on my car and adjusting the transmission shifts after the 4.10 gear change that's a task

Users who are viewing this thread