Best Mail Order Tune, 11-14GT & 12-13 Boss

Which mail order tune and why?

• Total voters

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
AED all the way. Every horror story out there starts with another can tune and ends with Mike, LUND or AED tuning afterwords to fix it. I read a myriad of these posts before I modded my car, and it was evident those three were the best. After Shawn made the article with MM&FF (I think it was there) I decided on him and could not be happier. Car runs more efficiently than stock, not withstanding the increased performance. Reverse never stalls anymore (hold the driver upgrade comments... LOL) and the idle and slow first gear driving is super smooth. I have a short dirt road to get down so I CRAWL down it which us smoother than stock now. Only bummer is I cant use the lobe tune driving that slow, so I only use his premium tune.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Very happy with my new VMP tune for my 14 GT/CS auto. Justin really knows how to tune an automatic 5.0.

Blue_Demon

1/4 Mile Ninja
Established Member
VMP, I also have an A6 and his tune has made a night and day difference with just an offroad x-pipe. Amazing customer service as well!

scott_0

Established Member
lol I really dont believe Bama turns the sensors off, I do however believe that they used to desensitize them early on, but they dont practice that any longer, do you really think they would offer that warranty and knowingly and purposefully turn off the KS? that is nonsense smh

rfopt

Established Member
lol I really dont believe Bama turns the sensors off, I do however believe that they used to desensitize them early on, but they dont practice that any longer, do you really think they would offer that warranty and knowingly and purposefully turn off the KS? that is nonsense smh

I purchased a Diablosport Intune with the BAMA tunes mid-late June of this year and only a few days later read a thread on this site where a tuner wrote that he saw logs of some BAMA tuned cars showing no knock sensor activity. According to his post he first started seeing this a few months before he typed that post. Reading those posts had me very concerned. I PMed a person that wrote that they had one of those cars to see when he/she received the tune and I believe they received it 2-3 months before that thread.

If the sensors really were not active I'm wondering if it's possible there was a small bad batch of tunes with corrupted files on the SCT tuner. I just can't imagine they would disable the knock sensors on purpose. I recorded some logs with my Intune on my car with the BAMA performance tune after I received it and the knock sensors are working.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread