Best Mail Order Tune, 11-14GT & 12-13 Boss

Which mail order tune and why?

• Total voters

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
AED is far better than the Bama I had. No more rough idles and the car pulls a lot harder. Adding NO2 in a few weeks and will have no issue with him doing another tune.

Likewise.

I found the driveability of the AED tune to be far superior. The Bama tune was just a pain in the ass, even the street tune. Hard jerky shifts that slammed your head back in the seat, rough idle, and it really didn't seem to like hot, humid air for some reason. I noticed the car ran like shit during the dog days of summer.

The AED tune might not make any more power, but it's just a much more fun and driveable tune. Best $250 I spent on my car.

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Switched from Bama to AED also, after 300 miles on my bama tune.

Even after bama sent me revisions of my tune. Which let me mention had major knock. I even went to three different gas stations. One being a brand new shell, still had major knock. Shaun described the tune as very aggressive for the fuel.

Anyways, my base tune from aed was far better than any Bama tune I had. My final AED tune is worlds better, Bama doesn't compare IMO, and what do you know zero knock with AED.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Why chose Lund? Not only is Lund Racing putting down record shattering numbers across the board and tuning the most powerful Mustangs in the world, (Yes world, Ken spent a few days in the middle east tuning Fords) but now offering a FREE Complimentary Safety and Performance Review for any existing Lund Racing customers (this includes if you purchase the tune through Lethal Performance as well)

This is brand new to 2014, and I'm happy to be one of the firsts to announce it!

Read about the program here:
Lund Racing's new Safety and Performance Review Program

**Note - this only applies to cars 2011+ that have built in AFR.

Purchase a Lund Racing Tune here:
Lethal Performance Custom Tune by Jon Lund of Lund Racing

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So now lund will datalog a bolt on tune? We where all told there is no need and it would be a waste of time.

Lund still stands by the fact that it's not necessary but it's an added convenience if a customer wants to take advantage of it.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So now lund will datalog a bolt on tune? We where all told there is no need and it would be a waste of time.

Lund is offering the service as a "peace of mind" to those that feel they want it.

The tunes are pretty spot on out of the gate, and with adaptive learning there really isn't a need.

But, if you want the service it's there, free of charge.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I wonder why thr back peddling on it now. Thought they where too busy to change and didnt need too.

Who is back peddling?

They are offering added services, at no charge, and 20% less than comparable services.

Seems like a win win.

I don't understand how people will complain about a free service, lol.

One of the biggest complaints with people, is that they wanted logs reviewed. So, they are listening to what the customer wants and giving it to them.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I wonder why thr back peddling on it now. Thought they where too busy to change and didnt need too.

What? No one is back peddling. Rather than look at it as some type of conspiracy, look at it as an added convenience for customers -that's really the bottom line. People asked, and they delivered. The tune is still less expensive, with the same features as other brands.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Who is back peddling?

They are offering added services, at no charge, and 20% less than comparable services.

Seems like a win win.

I don't understand how people will complain about a free service, lol.

One of the biggest complaints with people, is that they wanted logs reviewed. So, they are listening to what the customer wants and giving it to them.

Yea they wanted logs reviewed and where told no need. If I was a lund customer and sent them in now and had revisions done after all that time I would be pissed. Its not an added bonus when other tuners have been doing it the whole time...

Im not going to argue about datalogging with you. This is an open discussion thread about the best mail order tune. You already have 2 other threads about this special new datalogging procedure for lund customers.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You already have 2 other threads about this special new datalogging procedure for lund customers.

Nope that was me announcing it earlier. :thumbsup:

Nothing to argue about, you clearly have your opinion (which you're most certainly entitled to)

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yea they wanted logs reviewed and where told no need. If I was a lund customer and sent them in now and had revisions done after all that time I would be pissed. Its not an added bonus when other tuners have been doing it the whole time...

Im not going to argue about datalogging with you. This is an open discussion thread about the best mail order tune. You already have 2 other threads about this special new datalogging procedure for lund customers.

And, they still feel there is no need.

So what is your point?

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have tunes available for these cars and they are currently on sale. We support the device as long as you own it. You can add the "split personality No2 tune" to it for a few $ more!

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
And, they still feel there is no need.

So what is your point?

The point is when someone sticks by something it looks horrible when they give in.

And just like I said if I was a customer that wanted a revision and was refused a revision or datalog and now they send one in and gets revised I would be ****ing pissed.

Thats my opinion and it doesnt matter how much advertising spam you post up or disagree with me on, Most people feel the same way.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Nope that was me announcing it earlier. :thumbsup:

Nothing to argue about, you clearly have your opinion (which you're most certainly entitled to)

Thats why lethal has my respect.

John you should put on a code of conduct class for internet sells so terry can learn something.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The point is when someone sticks by something it looks horrible when they give in.

You mean "in your opinion" it looks horrible.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is. I've never said that you can't.

Someone else's opinion might be. Wow, that's pretty good that Lund is offering a service that I would like to have at no charge.

So, in mine, and Lund's opinion. It's something some customers have asked for and something that they want, so they are going to give it to them. So, sorry for trying to cater to the customer.

As Lund continues to expand, and they have some pretty big things on the horizon, they are looking to cater to all types of customers. There will be some customers that want their logs looked at.

And there will be others that understand how repeatable the tunes are and don't need smoke and mirrors, especially with the adaptive learning on these cars.

People who really understand how these cars work, know that the car has a great capacity to adapt.

I have watched customers who have experimented with adding 20% e85 into their tune. And have posted the logs of the car adapting. Starting off with STFTs running off the wanted 1.00 to compensate, and eventually transposing into the LTFTs, where the STFT's no longer need to compensate.

The blend is learned in the car over time, with no retune needed.

So, if a car, that has had it's fuel stoich changed by a full point, can adapt. You think that a car that has say a set of long tubes added, gets a tune for the lt's, even if it's off by a hair, isn't going to adjust?

You take 2 identical cars, with the exact same pcm code, with the exact same mods, and tune one, you can be pretty sure, that the other is going to run just as good.

Your a Ford Tech, when Ford does a pcm reflash, they reflash all the pcm's with the exact same flash for their code don't they? They don't ask for logs back do they?

Thats why lethal has my respect.

John you should put on a code of conduct class for internet sells so terry can learn something.

what, that you have an opinion, your opinion is all that matters, and everyone should agree with you.

not my style

at the end of they day, you've criticized Lund because Shaun offers "more to the customer"

So now Lund is offering the same thing, and at 20% less.

Now it's a bad thing, and you have to beat it down.

You ask me to stay out of Shaun's stuff, which I've obliged and done. But then something good gets posted about Lund, and your right there to bash it because it might take business from your tuner.

Tell you what, when you take those Lethal classes, then I will....

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You mean "in your opinion" it looks horrible.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is. I've never said that you can't.

Someone else's opinion might be. Wow, that's pretty good that Lund is offering a service that I would like to have at no charge.

So, in mine, and Lund's opinion. It's something some customers have asked for and something that they want, so they are going to give it to them. So, sorry for trying to cater to the customer.

As Lund continues to expand, and they have some pretty big things on the horizon, they are looking to cater to all types of customers. There will be some customers that want their logs looked at.

And there will be others that understand how repeatable the tunes are and don't need smoke and mirrors, especially with the adaptive learning on these cars.

People who really understand how these cars work, know that the car has a great capacity to adapt.

I have watched customers who have experimented with adding 20% e85 into their tune. And have posted the logs of the car adapting. Starting off with STFTs running off the wanted 1.00 to compensate, and eventually transposing into the LTFTs, where the STFT's no longer need to compensate.

The blend is learned in the car over time, with no retune needed.

So, if a car, that has had it's fuel stoich changed by a full point, can adapt. You think that a car that has say a set of long tubes added, gets a tune for the lt's, even if it's off by a hair, isn't going to adjust?

You take 2 identical cars, with the exact same pcm code, with the exact same mods, and tune one, you can be pretty sure, that the other is going to run just as good.

Your a Ford Tech, when Ford does a pcm reflash, they reflash all the pcm's with the exact same flash for their code don't they? They don't ask for logs back do they?

what, that you have an opinion, your opinion is all that matters, and everyone should agree with you.

not my style

at the end of they day, you've criticized Lund because Shaun offers "more to the customer"

So now Lund is offering the same thing, and at 20% less.

Now it's a bad thing, and you have to beat it down.

You ask me to stay out of Shaun's stuff, which I've obliged and done. But then something good gets posted about Lund, and your right there to bash it because it might take business from your tuner.

Tell you what, when you take those Lethal classes, then I will....

I was not only talking about shaun for doing datalogs. Plenty of other tuners do them. Only seemed like LUND did not offer to review them.

I never once beat down anything about it. Just stating that it took this long to look over logs when people have been asking about it.

Don't bring up something ford dealership related. People are paying for a performance upgrade that is not covered under any warranties. People want to know there money is getting them what they are paying for.

Last edited:

Road Rage

Snake Bite
Established Member
i just ordered a tuner from bama, if i dont like their tune would i be able to use the tuner i got to put an aed one on if i got it? i tried to get bama to disable the high idle cold start in the tune but they acted like they couldnt

Users who are viewing this thread