Established Member
Sometimes your eyes see what it wants to see lol
Screenshot_20220204-211149_DuckDuckGo.jpg

You don't need an air box

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Comparing what OEMs do to their cars to meet emissions and mpg standards applies zero to 1200+hp builds.
So a more correct statement would have been:
" Best fitting 6" intake on the market. Clears bigger cam covers and tucks into fender well nicely for 1200+ hp builds ??

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I know some of you guys kept asking about a heat shield, So I made my own, not sure how much of a improvement it'll make, but it's doable.
51906097813_6ef4c17096_c.jpg

51906644365_bd3bc9328b_c.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Now that looks much better thanks for sharing. Even able to keep the ram air setup.

Very Impressive work @2011 gtcs. Looks like a neat professional install and you still get fresh air. AWESOME JOB! That is one big air intake!

Thanks guys, I figured after some of the negative comments I should try and make something work, I'm happy how it came out.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The problem I had with aftermarket air boxes was they didn't seal against the hood like the OEM one did. I was able to modify a stock air box to allow a 140mm MAF to pass through it.

I don't know if an OEM air box could be reworked to allow a P-mas unit to work with it.

Your heat shield is a big step up from no heat shield,
..................................no heat shield is not a viable option for me..

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great job Steve.
You mentioned break in datalogging with Lund, so you should be able to see if there is a difference if you take a similar drive in similar temps but now with your heat shield.
Clean install!
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The problem I had with aftermarket air boxes was they didn't seal against the hood like the OEM one did. I was able to modify a stock air box to allow a 140mm MAF to pass through it.

I don't know if an OEM air box could be reworked to allow a P-mas unit to work with it.

Your heat shield is a big step up from no heat shield,
..................................no heat shield is not a viable option for me..
I actually would love to have the Ford racing 140mm intake system like this one, I think it looks perfect. But I'm sure it's almost impossible to find all the parts necessary, maybe I'll call Jim Jr on Monday and see what he can do.
Screenshot_20220226-122228_Instagram.jpg

Great job Steve.
You mentioned break in datalogging with Lund, so you should be able to see if there is a difference if you take a similar drive in similar temps but now with your heat shield.
Clean install!
-J
Thanks J, I was driving the car yesterday and I noticed the IAT1s staying around 60 degrees (ambient temp) so it does help. Also the MAF signal doesn't go crazy after a high speed pull like it use to. So yes the air box does make a noticeable improvement. My only current problem now is I need 2 bottles of VP Octanium to keep the car from having knock over 5k rpms. It's time to get back on E85.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I actually would love to have the Ford racing 140mm intake system like this one, I think it looks perfect. But I'm sure it's almost impossible to find all the parts necessary, maybe I'll call Jim Jr on Monday and see what he can do.
View attachment 1739684

Thanks J, I was driving the car yesterday and I noticed the IAT1s staying around 60 degrees (ambient temp) so it does help. Also the MAF signal doesn't go crazy after a high speed pull like it use to. So yes the air box does make a noticeable improvement. My only current problem now is I need 2 bottles of VP Octanium to keep the car from having knock over 5k rpms. It's time to get back on E85.
That ford racing set up is pretty sweet too. Try Watson racing @2011 gtcs

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
That ford racing set up is pretty sweet too. Try Watson racing @2011 gtcs
Here is some of the ford racing kit $$$. I'll keep posting as I locate the parts.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is some of the ford racing kit $$$. I'll keep posting as I locate the parts.

I've found the MAF housing and the filter, but I would need the intake tube to the T/B and the silicone couplers which I can't find anywhere and a heat shield, and yes the FRPP stuff is expensive lol.
Of JDM engineering use to sell the tube, maybe they can still get it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-143027_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-143027_Chrome.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread