Best 6" Intake on the market

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I've found the MAF housing and the filter, but I would need the intake tube to the T/B and the silicone couplers which I can't find anywhere and a heat shield, and yes the FRPP stuff is expensive lol.
Of JDM engineering use to sell the tube, maybe they can still get it.
Ok @2011 gtcs. If your really serious about getting one installed I'll check with some friends over at Ford Performance and see if I can get get one of those guys to come up with a kit. Someone's gotta have one stashed away, I know how them pack rats roll...lol.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The tube piece doesn’t effect the sensor so as long as you can get that 140mm Ford Racing segment and filter, I’d assume any respectable fab guy can make a nice aluminum tube you can paint/PC black. I’d possibly look at those generic Carbon Fiber tubes you can buy if your really wanting the 140mm CJ.
You made an awesome solution for the DD149 so if you decide to go 140mm just let me know I’ll buy your setup as is :)
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Does look good. But honestly if your not making the power there is no benefit.
Agreed, I have a built engine and I'm going for 1000whp, so for me, this intake makes sense, but for most guys it's over kill.
Ok @2011 gtcs. If your really serious about getting one installed I'll check with some friends over at Ford Performance and see if I can get get one of those guys to come up with a kit. Someone's gotta have one stashed away, I know how them pack rats roll...lol.
At the current moment I'm not going to switch it up, I'm still working with Lund on dialing in the tune and I don't want to change anything. But I would like to know if I can actually get the parts I need.
The tube piece doesn’t effect the sensor so as long as you can get that 140mm Ford Racing segment and filter, I’d assume any respectable fab guy can make a nice aluminum tube you can paint/PC black. I’d possibly look at those generic Carbon Fiber tubes you can buy if your really wanting the 140mm CJ.
You made an awesome solution for the DD149 so if you decide to go 140mm just let me know I’ll buy your setup as is :)
-J
I'll definitely let you know if anything changes, but I'm currently happy how everything looks right now.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I actually would love to have the Ford racing 140mm intake system like this one, I think it looks perfect. But I'm sure it's almost impossible to find all the parts necessary, maybe I'll call Jim Jr on Monday and see what he can do.
Back in 2014 when my car was being modded, the zip tube was unavailable.
Kinda funny that the 140mm MAF & the mono-blade could be bought, but not the tube.
@ the time, Watson Racing was no longer making the tube.
I was able to talk JDM into getting Watson to make a small batch run of the tubes, not sure how many they had to agree to buy, & you don't want to know what it cost me !!
But @ the time, I wanted the 140 / zip tube / mono=blade, & was willing to pay the price.
It's just another item that makes my car " different "..

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Back in 2014 when my car was being modded, the zip tube was unavailable.
Kinda funny that the 140mm MAF & the mono-blade could be bought, but not the tube.
@ the time, Watson Racing was no longer making the tube.
I was able to talk JDM into getting Watson to make a small batch run of the tubes, not sure how many they had to agree to buy, & you don't want to know what it cost me !!
But @ the time, I wanted the 140 / zip tube / mono=blade, & was willing to pay the price.
It's just another item that makes my car " different "..

I have no doubt it's going to be expensive, especially when it's a rare intake/MAF setup that no one really runs. I'm suprised more people didn't want to run the FRPP 140, but I guess a JLT148 is a lot cheaper.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have no doubt it's going to be expensive, especially when it's a rare intake/MAF setup that no one really runs. I'm suprised more people didn't want to run the FRPP 140, but I guess a JLT148 is a lot cheaper.
The FRPP was by far the better quality. I cant understand why anyone wouldn't want FRPP setup.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The FRPP was by far the better quality. I cant understand why anyone wouldn't want FRPP setup.
I'd say 90% of the reason people don't run the FRPP 140 is money and parts availability, yes its a great option and great for tuning, but a JLT 148 is dirt cheap in comparison and it can still support big HP. My PMAS149 setup isn't cheap either, however Lund racing loves tuning with the 149 MAF housing because it's accurate in size with great MAF resolution, that's the issue with the JLT148, the MAF housing isn't a accurate diameter due to it being a plastic. The PMAS149 and the FRPP140 are great because they're metal and have great MAF resolution. Any good tuner can tune whatever intake you want to run, but to have the best driveability you might want to spend the extra money

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'd say 90% of the reason people don't run the FRPP 140 is money and parts availability, yes its a great option and great for tuning, but a JLT 148 is dirt cheap in comparison and it can still support big HP. My PMAS149 setup isn't cheap either, however Lund racing loves tuning with the 149 MAF housing because it's accurate in size with great MAF resolution, that's the issue with the JLT148, the MAF housing isn't a accurate diameter due to it being a plastic. The PMAS149 and the FRPP140 are great because they're metal and have great MAF resolution. Any good tuner can tune whatever intake you want to run, but to have the best driveability you might want to spend the extra money
Its funny guys were paying 20k markups on a the old gen GT500 but would cheap out on a JLT intake lol.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Its funny guys were paying 20k markups on a the old gen GT500 but would cheap out on a JLT intake lol.
The JLT123 is a good intake for your average bolt on GT500. But once you're going for big power I think you should get a intake to match it. The PMAS149 or the FRPP140 are the best. I'm also happy to say when I bought my 13 GT500 new I didn't pay a dealer mark up lol.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I picked up probably the last 140mm tube from Watson Racing last year and was planning to have JDM drill/grommet it for the vac and evap lines.

It is too big formmy current 123MM Cobra Jet MAF and I don't think I am going to 140MM with just a ported Trinity TVS.

I picked up a PMAS kit on the cheap and am thinking of just using that tube instead with the CJ MAF. Like everything else, that project has been on the backburner.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The JLT123 is a good intake for your average bolt on GT500. But once you're going for big power I think you should get a intake to match it. The PMAS149 or the FRPP140 are the best. I'm also happy to say when I bought my 13 GT500 new I didn't pay a dealer mark up lol.
Depends whos tunning the vehicle. The cobra jet 123mm and the whipple kit 123mm were the best for tunning at that level. I remember JLT had to revise the 123/127 kits a couple times to get it right.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends whos tunning the vehicle. The cobra jet 123mm and the whipple kit 123mm were the best for tunning at that level. I remember JLT had to revise the 123/127 kits a couple times to get it right.
Very true, I always forget about the whipple 123, the PMAS 120 is a good one as well. But it was kinda ugly IMO.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I picked up probably the last 140mm tube from Watson Racing last year and was planning to have JDM drill/grommet it for the vac and evap lines.

It is too big formmy current 123MM Cobra Jet MAF and I don't think I am going to 140MM with just a ported Trinity TVS.

I picked up a PMAS kit on the cheap and am thinking of just using that tube instead with the CJ MAF. Like everything else, that project has been on the backburner.
Do you still have the tube from Watson Racing?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
While I see what you’re saying I don’t know if the 140 was ever sold as a complete kit?
I lucked into a real Carbon Fiber JLT 155 while I was researching the Ford Racing 140, but it’s been a long while now.
I know it’s a small and unique piece, but I always wondered why someone didn’t find a solution for the tube between the TB and MAF housing and offer it.
Oh well, our cars are getting older and I’m sure newer parts developed for this platform are going to become less and less.
Bring in the EV :(
-J

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Listen I have the solution to all this fuss about who has the "Biggest.... Baddest 6" CAI on the block" Lets line them up bro's at the tree and let the quarter mile time speak the truth.....:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.....

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Listen I have the solution to all this fuss about who has the "Biggest.... Baddest 6" CAI on the block" Lets line them up bro's at the tree and let the quarter mile time speak the truth.....:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.....
Haha yep, another c*** measuring contest.
I’ve got lumpy cams and a racing clutch, I can deal with a little reduction in MAF signal for all the power :)
-J

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Do you still have the tube from Watson Racing?

I do, last test fit I determined it was too big for my 123mm CJ MAF. Not sure what path I am going now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220301-204317_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220301-204317_Gallery.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread