belt size question

03mach1blk

Established Member
I need help finding the correct size belt size for my combo. I have a 2.80 pulley with 4pc idlers 3-100mm and 1-90mm. I broke my lower crank pulley and replace it with the lfp lower pulley kit with the stock ring. Could anyone give me the correct belt size and part number for my combo.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ive checked that chart and the belt it suggested wasnt even close.

Not even close? :shrug:

Please post your specific configuration in detail. I'd like to check it for myself. If the info on my Belt Selection Guide "isn't even close", then I'll change it or delete that particular configuration.

For those who don't know about the Belt Selection Guide, here is the link. Belt Selection Guide

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
74" or 74.5"

Without a notched tensioner, 74" would be a pretty tight squeeze.. With the 2.80, and 4 piece idler set, I am running 75" (stock size) belt. I had already squeezed a 73" belt on without the idlers, and I didn't want to buy an extra belt, and I had the stocker handy.. Works great.

Cobra Bob's site clearly states for a 2.80 upper, and 4 idlers and stock sized lower, that the belt size is 74.5 to 75. Which is bang on, so I am thinking the OP read the recommended size incorrectly.

Last edited:

dynobobstieg

Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

If you want/need to notch the tensioner it is easy:
A notched tensioner will allow you to put a 1/2 inch shorter belt.
A simple and common sense way to improve torque and lessen belt slippage is to grind the pulley stop.
First move your water tank to the side and then remove center bolt. Grind the notch 3/4 back, replace bolt-then tank.
grindpulley.JPG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Bob, and to everyone who piped in. When someone posts a comment that my Guide is wrong, it gets my attention. I occasionally get an incorrect configuration from someone so having you folks confirm a configuration either way is important. I try to keep the Guide as accurate as possible. :)

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Without a notched tensioner, 74" would be a pretty tight squeeze.. With the 2.80, and 4 piece idler set, I am running 75" (stock size) belt. I had already squeezed a 73" belt on without the idlers, and I didn't want to buy an extra belt, and I had the stocker handy.. Works great.

Cobra Bob's site clearly states for a 2.80 upper, and 4 idlers and stock sized lower, that the belt size is 74.5 to 75. Which is bang on, so I am thinking the OP read the recommended size incorrectly.

My tensioner have been notched and I always try with a tighter belt to prevent any slip. If its not a pain in the ass to get on, you're probably going to have slip.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
LOL After trying to cram that 73" belt on, the 75" belt was a freaking breeze.. I didn't want to buy another belt at the time, since I am looking at getting a 4# lower when it warms up.

Users who are viewing this thread