Before/After E85 Numbers

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I haven't really had time to see what the fuel consumption is like now. I'll check it out though and report back.... Others have said you lose about 3-4 mpg....

10secvette

Established Member
Mine lasted 6 months at that power level, with me thrashing on it. Be very careful my friend......... this may be in your future.......

502f.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

505vy.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Thanks for the props peeps and yes....... unfortunately I realize a built motor is in my future. Only saving grace which may buy me a little time is that the actual uncorrected numbers are in the 630 RWHP range.....

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Great numbers. If only the local Shell station carried E85.

I know brother, I know it's hard to get ahold of in different parts of the country.... BTW, thanks for the best Mustang Forum in the country, this place is and always has been the bomb.....:rockon:

chao5.0

Established Member
i plan on making the swap to E85 once i put some boost to the motor but i'll stay at or under 10psi and let it make the power it makes, as long as the drive ability is good and power is plentiful i'll be happy.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
i plan on making the swap to E85 once i put some boost to the motor but i'll stay at or under 10psi and let it make the power it makes, as long as the drive ability is good and power is plentiful i'll be happy.

Even at low boost and sticking with the same timing, there are substancial gains!:beer:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I wonder if you guys could purchase it by the 55 gallon drum or something? I am going to run it most of the time here because it's so convinient, but it wouldn't be a big deal to save it just for the track either. Run pump all the time except when you're racing then throw in the E85 and tune? Seriously, at sea level or close, this power would be stupid anyway. I have a big ass DR out back and it wont even come close to holding a hit in second on the street...

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I have a big ass DR out back and it wont even come close to holding a hit in second on the street...

What gears? I was wondering about traction, and where you can actually fully put your foot in it.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Im running 3.31s... Im sure with the DRs it would hold 3rd, but probably not with a street tire. TQ peak is about 4000 rpms so even if I roll into it about 2000 rpms, the tires bust loose once I get past 4000.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
How does the e85 make so much more power with no added timing or boost? I'm a bit confused by your second number...I mean you can throw 110 in a 93 tuned car all day long and without increasing timing or psi you won't gain sh*t.

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It's magic.....

Seriously, somebody smarter than me would know, but it has really high octane and furthermore cooling properties because you are using so much more fuel.

Exact reason I also posted that second number with no changes in timing, to show that it's not just all in the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread