Before/After E85 Numbers

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm in CO....

I know bro, hard to believe... No way in the world did I expect 100 hp from fuel, tuning or not. Now that I do think about, although the commanded timing wasn't changed, I believe the datalog said it was adding a degree of timing over what was commanded. It wasn't pulling any on pump, commanding 17 and seeing 17, but I believe the first pull on e85 was 18......Still that's not a huge factor in the power difference. Even with 4 more degrees of timing, it didn't pick up alot more power relatively speaking....

a 100hp pickup from 91 should be expected. we picked up .7 tenths going from 9.99 to 9.27, and that was running ms109 unleaded race vp

huge difference

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
E85 also has a more powerful explosion. When it ignites it does so with more force at a much cooler burn rate. Bigger boom=more force pushing the pistons up and down=more powah.

Actually you have it wrong. Alcohol fuel has less combustion power than Gasoline. The power in alcohol comes from burning more fuel in the same combustion chamber. The Coyote 11:1 compression ratio also help with the corn fuel.

I want E85 readily available here too. We have one station within 10 miles. They sell E85 for the same price as premium gasoline.

Famine

Established Member
Do you have to deal with different e85 blends there? Im in south Dakota and during the winter vs the summer, the amount of ethanol is actually different which is why I'm timid to make the switch. I'm also unsure as to which fuel pump to go with as I would like to change that with the bap that I already have just to be on the safe side. Also, I only have the capability of etuning here unless I want to drive 8+ hours to a shop that I don't know that much about.

Users who are viewing this thread