Beefcake who? JPC just goes 8.16!!! - Live Coverage From NMRA Finals @ Bowling Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Fair enough. Still a political answer but I'll take it!

well, were looking pretty hard at the new Coyote Modified class for next year.

Were looking at the nitrous / turbo / s/c rules. They all aren't finalized, but we'll have to make a decision based on what we think the rules obviously lean towards.

We have commitments to multiple companies, and that needs to be taken into consideration as well.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
What happened to BBR??? Weren't they one of the original shit talkers?

Also, does anybody know the full specs on the Evo car that went 8.10?

Last edited:

JW03

Established Member
Yes, i'm real worried about the same 4 or 5 people that repost the same hate over and over and over....

Now, you say to be honest, and i'm not sure what you mean.

What exactly is "better", better is in the eye of the beholder. A turbo isn't necessarily better. A turbo is more efficient and will make more hp with the same boost level. I believe I've already said that.

That doesn't make it a "better" option for someone. The best option for someone is something that will fit their budget, make the power they want it to, and make them grin ear to ear.

The average guy isn't going to spend $$ on a built engine. Any of the power adders for these cars will make enough hp to blow the engine. So, in my "opnion", the best option is the Paxton kit. I will never waiver from that.

Hell, I have a sponsorship offer to put a turbo kit on the car. I will be looking at that option for the coyote modified class for this year, because it's an option. But, for the average guy, on these cars. The Paxton will always be king IMO.

Exactly Beef. I haven't purchased anything from you yet but plan to order a s/c kit as soon as I'm not afraid of voiding my warranty. lol

CPRsm

Bbr can't do anything. That single can't put a number up and they won't eat the crow to install the twin kit.

A turbo isn't "better", a turbo will make more power on the same boost as a s/c. We all know that. It's a matter of the combination, etc..
You just gave the definition of better. More power(and WAY more torque) at the same boost level. :shrug:
People buy them because they're cheaper and that's ok. I don't, nor will I ever knock anyone for that.

Hines laid Urist out again this weekend and took the championship. In that class, by the rules, the s/c was better this year.

I realize blower guys have to cling to one guy with a blower winning. But no one cares about full drag cars w Obama rules that try to keep it all "fair." Lol

As far as an "off the shelf blower", what does that have to do with what Justin is running on his car. I don't know all the details, but I don't believe it's a standard 76mm, it doesn't have the standard tubing on the standard kits.
It's not a base turbo they're running. It's an upgrade to a larger turbine like we run. An upgrade you can order. Idk why that would matter. The blower and tubing your running can't be bought of the shelf right? Would seems he is much closer to off the shelf than you.

Comparing Justin's car to an off the shelf Paxton, is like comparing my car to Justin's off the shelf kit. It's far from the same thing.
Just to again clarify, you're not running an off the shelf paxton. You're running a ysi which bolts on, and needs custom tubing made right? I don't know that much about them, but I think that's the case

Put the standard turbo kit, on an auto car, and lets see what it does.
Don't be mad turbo kits are easily upgraded. Why can't an upgraded kit be run/compared? Nobody's comparing base to modified. You're upgraded and so is he.

It took a glide on the car to let the car finally e.t.
I don't know about all that. I believe it ran 9.0's or teens before the switch. Which is faster than any other paxton except you. And that was w a manual, running faster than all those paxton/auto guys. So I'd say it ET'd pretty well.
Even more so it you look at the handicapped tranny they were running lol

My argument has never been that turbo's don't make power. My argument has been,, on these cars, for the average guy, for under 5k you can have a great setup.
I'm gonna raise the BS flag here. That's only been your point when performance is pointed out. Every other time, not so much.

I still don't think I've seen a turbo setup in the 8's yet...

So, we don't even know what it takes to run 8's with a turbo, because no one has been able to do it yet, lol ;)

I know, I know, it's coming. I've been hearing that for a year.... :)
So now we know what it takes. About half the boost of a Paxton :rockon:

And in the same thread a few posts down there's this one.

You sure it's just love for paxton and not hate for turbo? Lol
the Paxton's have been running circles around the turbo's for over 3 years now.

I can keep going, the quotes are pretty easy to find. You called down the thunder and you got it LOL. But now it's an upgraded turbo, glide, and anything else to avoid the fact they almost fell into the 7's. I won't bring up circles and who did the running this weekend. :D It'll be hard for anyone to ever beat though. Anyone trying will probably get kicked out of the track. Legal cage work, and the car will be labeled a racecar.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the Paxton's have been running circles around the turbo's, that's not hate, that's just fact,

there are tons more Paxton cars putting up numbers,

a ysi is an off the shelf kit that is part #'d for the 2011 up mustang cars. it doesn't need any special piping.

the 9.0's the car ran was with the Paxton kit on it, I don't know what it ran with the turbo before the glide, but I haven't seen a number posted since it went on

I'm not mad that the kit is upgraded, your the one that said "off the shelf kit" it's not an off the shelf kit,

As far as boost, it's not half the boost either

CPRsm

You sure? Are you over 30 psi? They got there w 16-17. Pretty close to hald depending how much you ran exactly.

Off the shelf includes upgrades. A different turbo doesn't exclude that title anymore than a different head unit. So you run the kit just as kit comes out of the box from the manufacturer?
What's not off the shelf about their kit that I thought you knew nothing about.

There are more paxton owners, there are bound to be more faster ones until more kits are sold. Turbos are faster like I said they would be. Not hate, just fact.

poof100

Established Member
the Paxton's have been running circles around the turbo's, that's not hate, that's just fact,

there are tons more Paxton cars putting up numbers,

a ysi is an off the shelf kit that is part #'d for the 2011 up mustang cars. it doesn't need any special piping.

the 9.0's the car ran was with the Paxton kit on it, I don't know what it ran with the turbo before the glide, but I haven't seen a number posted since it went on

I'm not mad that the kit is upgraded, your the one that said "off the shelf kit" it's not an off the shelf kit,

As far as boost, it's not half the boost either

Justin went 9.0s and high 150s (No Nitrous :poke:) with the Magnum XL 6 speed and the Air to Air cooler. When the Glide went in, the Air to Water cooler went in as well.

The only difference between the Turbo kit on the JPC shop car and my car is the JPC car runs a bigger downpipe instead of the standard 3" and runs a 7685 instead of the standard 7675. Other than that, SAME kit. The 7685 and downpipe are easy options that can be had.

You sure? Are you over 30 psi? They got there w 16-17. Pretty close to hald depending how much you ran exactly.

Yes, even the 8.02 pass was on low boost and still fine tuning the boost controller. There's a lot more in the launch and tuning the controller.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Justin went 9.0s and high 150s (No Nitrous :poke:) with the Magnum XL 6 speed and the Air to Air cooler. When the Glide went in, the Air to Water cooler went in as well.

The only difference between the Turbo kit on the JPC shop car and my car is the JPC car runs a bigger downpipe instead of the standard 3" and runs a 7685 instead of the standard 7675. Other than that, SAME kit. The 7685 and downpipe are easy options that can be had.

and I went 8.7's @ 159 on the factory auto at 450lbs heavier, air to air

163 laying all over on first gear with weight out, air to air

once the combo is dialed in, it will be in there.

all the cars are running good, there is no doubt there. I know eric posted the car was at 18psi yesterday I believe and that was the 8.16 pass? So, 19, 20 maybe.

And if we are comparing "peak boost" where I see 26 on the dyno @ 7600, we shift the 1-2 at 5000 (maybe 10 psi), 2-3 (7300) 21/22, and 3-4 @ 7400 23/24 psi, yes, I make more "peak boost"

average boost down the track, I bet the cars are close to inline with each other

BMR Tech

Allan (owner of BMR) wanted me to congratulate JPC on matching his best time in his Stick-Shifted, Naturally Aspirated SBC Corvette.

N/A SBC > All....

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Off the shelf includes upgrades. A different turbo doesn't exclude that title anymore than a different head unit. So you run the kit just as kit comes out of the box from the manufacturer?
What's not off the shelf about their kit that I thought you knew nothing about.

There are more paxton owners, there are bound to be more faster ones until more kits are sold. Turbos are faster like I said they would be. Not hate, just fact.

no, it's more than that,

as far as off the shelf, you can upgrade any head unit that will fit the bracket, and there are plenty of them out there to do it. so I have 2 or 3 more blowers I can upgrade to still if I stay that route.

turbo's are faster "today" that doesn't mean the turbo will be the fastest car next week,

Did I read somewhere that JPC was on 275's?

it's a great tire for the auto cars, same thing we run

poof100

Established Member
Did I read somewhere that JPC was on 275's?

Correct, 275 Pro Radial tires, same tires X275 runs.

and I went 8.7's @ 159 on the factory auto at 450lbs heavier, air to air

163 laying all over on first gear with weight out, air to air

once the combo is dialed in, it will be in there.

all the cars are running good, there is no doubt there. I know eric posted the car was at 18psi yesterday I believe and that was the 8.16 pass? So, 19, 20 maybe.

And if we are comparing "peak boost" where I see 26 on the dyno @ 7600, we shift the 1-2 at 5000 (maybe 10 psi), 2-3 (7300) 21/22, and 3-4 @ 7400 23/24 psi, yes, I make more "peak boost"

average boost down the track, I bet the cars are close to inline with each other

After the bumper stand, the boost didn't go up much at all, due to trying to control the launch instead of putting on an aerial show. Part of that is with the controller, so once that gets sorted out, the boost can be turned up more with a better ramp in rate etc.

D.T.R

Established Member
Yes, correct, and still stock computer and drive by wire! :burnout:

Seeing their results, it makes me wonder IF the boss 302 intake is beneficial with boost at all..
would love to see some back to back dyno or track results on stocker vs boss 302... but that's probably a topic for another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread