Beefcake who? JPC just goes 8.16!!! - Live Coverage From NMRA Finals @ Bowling Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
in the competition itself, evo won with justins green car, Justin finished 2nd with his silver car

my best ended up being a 9.0@166, that was with a 1.76 60' :(

Justin went 8.8's I think, but went 8.8's, jeff with the other jpc turbo car went 11.1's I think?

not sure the other times

Justin (JPC car) beat me
Slagburn took out Deuce
Evo Silver Car took out Beef
Evo Green car had a bye I think? Not sure if the F1 car was around

Evo Green Car beat Slagburn
Evo Silver car takes the win as the JPC car blew a fuse and wouldn't start in the staging lanes

Evo Green Car beats Evo Silver Car.

Thanks!!

So what's Jeff(poof100) and Slagburn running.?? Turbos or Supercharger? I'm just wondering. Nothing to do with the turbo/SC debate since a Whipple won it all. Lol!

No love for Evolution??:poke:

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
Thanks!!

So what's Jeff(poof100) and Slagburn running.?? Turbos or Supercharger? I'm just wondering. Nothing to do with the turbo/SC debate since a Whipple won it all. Lol!

No love for Evolution??:poke:

I'm running the JPC 76mm Turbo Kit on my Boss 302. Magnum XL trans, stock bottom end for now, JPC fuel system, full front and rear suspension etc.

Slagburn is running a 2.9 Whipple with the factory Auto and a built motor. Mostly stock suspension, but he did put on some rear shocks and LCA at the race and improved his launch. I believe he set a PB with a 9.8x at over 140mph. His car was hauling and he drove it to BG from CO!!! :rockon:

CPRsm

yep, that's what I said, I don't see the word blower in there anywhere....
Perfectly aware of what you said. You said they had 2 years to sort out their TURBO kit.

jpc had a a year or 2 to sort out their turbo kit, I think i'm entitled to more than 2 track outs to get a new combo dialed in.

Which made as much sense as me saying you sorting out your blower. Head unit is irrelevant.
Their "combo" was out for the second time this event. Getting a glide converter down ain't easy.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Allan (owner of BMR) wanted me to congratulate JPC on matching his best time in his Stick-Shifted, Naturally Aspirated SBC Corvette.

N/A SBC > All....

Lol.

no, it's more than that,

as far as off the shelf, you can upgrade any head unit that will fit the bracket, and there are plenty of them out there to do it. so I have 2 or 3 more blowers I can upgrade to still if I stay that route.

turbo's are faster "today" that doesn't mean the turbo will be the fastest car next week,

it's a great tire for the auto cars, same thing we run

I can assure you next week will will still be faster.

I'm guessing now the question would be...
Would it not have been more benefitial for JPC to rev that car to the moon with the boss manifold, and knowing that turbos love RPMs instead of using the stock manifold and lowering the RPMs?

We've done alot of testing and currently prefer the stock intake

I don't have any excuses, the car has performed great for 3 years now.

we are trying to make everything work with a new combo, new heads, new cams, and it takes a minute to sort things out.

jpc had a a year or 2 to sort out their turbo kit, I think i'm entitled to more than 2 track outs to get a new combo dialed in.

We've had the turbo combination on Justin's car for maybe 8-9 months or so. We've got about 2 weeks with the automatic and about 2 track outings.

I'm running the JPC 76mm Turbo Kit on my Boss 302. Magnum XL trans, stock bottom end for now, JPC fuel system, full front and rear suspension etc.

Slagburn is running a 2.9 Whipple with the factory Auto and a built motor. Mostly stock suspension, but he did put on some rear shocks and LCA at the race and improved his launch. I believe he set a PB with a 9.8x at over 140mph. His car was hauling and he drove it to BG from CO!!! :rockon:

Yea I was watching Slagburn make a few passes. That thing rips!

Just a heads up I've got video's coming guys!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Perfectly aware of what you said. You said they had 2 years to sort out their TURBO kit.

Which made as much sense as me saying you sorting out your blower. Head unit is irrelevant.
Their "combo" was out for the second time this event. Getting a glide converter down ain't easy.

that's because it is "their turbo kit" that they are producing to sell , that they have been working on for the last 2-3 years???

We went to a radical cam, that doesn't like low rpm, which we knew, but was hoping we could still get the 6r80 make it work, it's not liking the launch, so were going to make the conversion to a race trans like all the other guys going quicker

car should break 170's easy imo

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lol.

I can assure you next week will will still be faster.

We've done alot of testing and currently prefer the stock intake

We've had the turbo combination on Justin's car for maybe 8-9 months or so.

We've got about 2 weeks with the automatic and about 2 track outings.

Yea I was watching Slagburn make a few passes. That thing rips!

Just a heads up I've got video's coming guys!

of course it will be faster in negative d/a ;)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
we didn't get the job done this weekend. It is what it is. Just got to come back better next time.

I have no doubt you will. It's a lot of fun seeing 2 top coyote shops battle it out for bragging/shit talking rights.

In the end, everybody wins :beer:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Beef and CPRsm.....so who won the race fellas? I'm sure this is the real reason you guy's keep going back and forth like two little school girls. :poke:

illegal-drag-racing_zps7b2d0064.jpg

You can see why Beef is losing the at the 60', look at that stance....get down low brother. Just messing with you guys, just trying to lighten up the mood in here haha.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beef and CPRsm.....so who won the race fellas? I'm sure this is the real reason you guy's keep going back and forth like two little school girls. :poke:

illegal-drag-racing_zps0b418951.jpg

that would be EVO,

Congrats to them on the win!!!!

CPR just likes to keep going back and forth promoting turbo kits to get mentions in for his while not being a sponsoring vendor.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
that would be EVO,

Congrats to them on the win!!!!

CPR just likes to keep going back and forth promoting turbo kits to get mentions in for his while not being a sponsoring vendor.

Oh snap

Bud

Established Member

How to relieve stress after driving the car 1200 miles from CO:

img_0121.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread