"Because It's Worth It Club." How far did you have to travel to get your Terminator?

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
If you've ever had to explain to someone why you went so far to grab you Terminator, or went through all the trouble that you did to get your Terminator you don't need to explain it to anyone here. Just welcome yourself to the "Because It's Worth It Club"

These cars are so unique and becoming more rare everyday, that many of us are willing to fly and travel quite a distance to get our Terminators. Post up a pic and info of your Terminator when you first bought it and how far you had to travel to get it... Even include what you had to go through lol. I envy those who got great deals locally lol.

We travel because we know its worth it! :beer:

Here's mine with 6,484 miles when I bought it. Completely Bone Stock and I drove from San Francisco to Sacramento, and flew from Sacramento to Seattle Washington to get her. Slept at the airport 2 nights in a row for her too. I love her dearly lol. :beer:

2013-03-25081125_zps135df9e3.jpg

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Mine was 12 hours away, I picked up a phone had it arranged for pick up on a single car enclosed trailer. Few days later it showed up at my door. Not really a fun story but it was actually more cost effective that why. Got mine in October with 2300 miles on it.

ev7yvk.jpg

t8wzs6.jpg

2r2ty5u.jpg

fy28ef.jpg

Last edited:

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
Mine was 12 hours away, I picked up a phone had it arranged for pick up on a single car enclosed trailer. Few days later it showed up at my door. Not really a fun story but it was actually more cost effective that why. Got mine in October with 2300 miles on it.

ev7yvk.jpg

t8wzs6.jpg

2r2ty5u.jpg

fy28ef.jpg

Damn, I love it when I see these things in Mint condition! Awesome purchase! 2300 miles? Man, that's incredible!

dablaze313

Established Member
I lucked out and didn't have to travel far at all to find my Cobra. However, when my Dad was looking for one two years ago we ended up in Daytona Beach, Florida. He was dead set on finding a low mile Mystichrome Convertible, which were proving hard to find. A Dodge dealership near Daytona got one on trade-in with 1500 miles that was bone stock except for a catback and posted it online. He called as soon as it was posted and everything about it checked out.

Coincidentally, we had a vacation planned to Destin a week or so later, so he bought it sight unseen and we drove to Daytona, picked it up, and drove it all the way back to Houston. Here is a picture of it at the dealer and another waiting at a light on the way back to Destin.
IMG_20110618_125609_zpsda08ad98.jpg

IMG_20110618_132303_zpsdb19c9c3.jpg

Drove the car about 1500 miles back to Houston on the stock Goodyears with absolutely no problems.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I flew from NC to Houston TX and drove it back in day in a half (stop over night in AL). Best road trip ever!! Had the car since 2010 and going strong.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
I flew to Colorado to get mine. I drove her home 10 hours, roughly 600 miles. It was a fun drive home...

[youtube_browser]DBIkYXZPz9Y&sns=em[/youtube_browser]

photo-68.jpg

photo-70.jpg

Current mileage...

39F04743-3505-4A3B-BFA9-DB2E8314304B-4127-00000397566DDE3B_zpsb49dd3e6.gif

SBVERT03

Established Member
I drove almost 14 hours one way for mine. From Indy to Connecticut. And then trailered it back home. Went with my dad and honestly had a great time. One of those experiences I'll never forget. Driving through the mountains in Pennsylvania was beautiful.

x275_eric

Established Member
drove 316 miles with a truck and trailer to pick mine up. had 21k miles with the normal bolt ons. car looked brand new and owned by a good guy. always garage kept.

heres the day i got her.

IMG_2735-1.jpg

TVS VERT

Established Member
All flights from Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

1st was to CT which was 1400kms
2nd was to Boston which was 1200kms
3rd was to Pittsburg which will be 2000kms making journey on the 3rd of may.

So roughly it will be 3,000 miles for cobra buying since july of last year.

Lots of trips up the I95

Last edited:

ttype69

Established Member
video at bottom please subscribe to my you tube thanks svt

well I fell in love with mine at first sight . me and my girl drove from Cleveland Ohio to Quantico, stayed over night like 3 hours of slept. Boogied down to Appomattox virgina bought my car then drove all the way straight home. 8hrs there 8hrs back left sat home sun

this is what it looked like when I bought it. I got so many looks it was crazy. I stopped at mom and pop gas station and about 5 or so plus people walked out to stare at me and the car.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is what my car looks like now, I just don't think some people realize how much blood sweat and tears some one can put into there cars. Within a year I was able to redue the whole car and im still working on some new upgrades... It never ends......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the thread I made
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...6-my-04-cobras-story-rescue.html#post12484037

videos please follow my you tube page

04 cobra build project - YouTube

Last edited:

03SVTscott

Established Member
"Because It's Worth It Club." How far did you have to travel to get your Termin

375 miles away....trailered it home. There and back one day.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Drove the family home from vacation (800 miles straight shot) arrived Friday morning 1:00 am. Slept 3 hrs and got on a plane to Memphis at 6:00 AM. Bought the Cobra and drove back home 700+ miles. Stopped half way back and slept for a couple of hours.

Exhausted but happy.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Drove to Hudson, IA aka middle of nowhere and back this past Saturday, 320 miles each way. Dad drove and followed me home. Part of the way... :thumbsup:

MysticRob

Established Member
If you've ever had to explain to someone why you went so far to grab you Terminator, or went through all the trouble that you did to get your Terminator you don't need to explain it to anyone here. Just welcome yourself to the "Because It's Worth It Club"

These cars are so unique and becoming more rare everyday, that many of us are willing to fly and travel quite a distance to get our Terminators. Post up a pic and info of your Terminator when you first bought it and how far you had to travel to get it... Even include what you had to go through lol. I envy those who got great deals locally lol.

We travel because we know its worth it! :beer:

Here's mine with 6,484 miles when I bought it. Completely Bone Stock and I drove from San Francisco to Sacramento, and flew from Sacramento to Seattle Washington to get her. Slept at the airport 2 nights in a row for her too. I love her dearly lol. :beer:

I would never go out of my way to buy a car 10yr old car, let alone finance one. /sarcasm LOL :beer:

I'm sure you're sick of reading my story, Eric (thanks for the kind words in that other thread BTW), but I'll add it anyway. I just rechecked and it was a 550 mile drive in ~9hrs or so from Las Vegas to home after I flew out there to buy my Mysti. That was after a great member here looked it over for me beforehand. I still haven't seen your pristine example yet!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread