"Because It's Worth It Club." How far did you have to travel to get your Terminator?

killer428

Sonic Blue Terminator
Established Member
When I bought my Mystichrome vert 4 1/2 years ago I drove from Southern New Jersey to LaPorte , Indiana in the middle of hurricaine IKE for 11.5 hours in a steady monsoon. Rented a hotel room for the night got up went to the dealership,couldn't test drive because of the heavy rain, bought the car then drove home for 11.5 hours . I'd do it all over again if I had to .:rolling:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
Seatle, WA --> Michigan ....delivered via commercial carrier. It was pretty cool to see it was in the company of a couple exotic cars on its trip accross the U.S in open car carrier. I would have driven it, but w/6,500 miles on the odometer, I would have put 3k almost getting it home....not to mention it was October, and the owner said " are you crazy, it might snow "

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
had mine sent up from Tampa---->Panana City back in Fall '04. drove 2.2 miles to buddies dealership to test drive...

RedfireSVT

Established Member
i flew to minnesota to pick up my cobra and drove it 1,100 miles back to texas in 05'. the car had 3,000 miles with catback, mgw shifter cold air kit and subframes on it when i picked it up. in fairness though i have family in minnesota so i was already going up there at the same time i was in the market for a cobra. i had been looking for one in texas for a while and couldn't find what i wanted so just by chance i happened to look at autotrader in minnesota the day before i left and there it was just by pure luck! next day i tossed my return plane ticket in the trash and hit the road in my new cobra! that was the most fun i've had driving 15 hours! i don't have any pictures of when i bought it on this computer but i'll post some later, i even printed and saved the original for sale ad. i remember that first drive and just thinking "i can't believe this is actually my car!" what a great feeling.

here's some recent pics:

cobracruise3_zps04184f76.jpg

cobracruise2_zpsa510c99d.jpg

cobracruise1_zpsc2476072.jpg

Last edited:

jrichber

browser
Established Member
six hour drive 1 way in my buddys camaro SS (can see in the background) had to take a picture by this fish we found in the town i bought it.
2012-02-11_13-41-57_824.jpg

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I flew from San Diego to Houston to get my Sonic Convertible. Drove it 1,468 miles home with a night in New Mexico about half way. Great trip with my Dad.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Getting ready to trailer my Mystichrome coupe from Florida next week. 12hrs away. Bought my Oxford white cobra just 40 minutes from here.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine was only roughly 2 1/2 hrs or so away. It was the color and mileage I was looking for. And it was priced right. I would have gone even farther if need be. I live in MN and flew out to Denver when I bought a notchback a few years ago.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
found the car here on svtp in 2006

I flew out on March 30th, to Muskegon MI and drove home the 1000 miles to MA in the cobra

Car had 4300 miles when i bought it, just over 15k now.

HIonPSI

Established Member
1st one...about 2.5 hours each way.
Hopefully headed this weekend to pick up my 2nd one...little over 3 hours each way :rockon:

03SBSNAKE

Established Member
Re: "Because It's Worth It Club." How far did you have to travel to get your Terminat

I drove 400 miles one way to get mine in Kansas. Found it had a flat tire when I got there and had to wait an hour just to get that fixed. It was still worth every minute!

6e3u5u9a.jpg

AdamSVT

Established Member
I flew to Knoxville, TN and drove it all the way home to Phoenix, AZ. 30 hour drive and just over 2,000 smiles I mean miles :)

spdtrip

Established Member
I was looking for dsg or silver. Found my dsg 11 miles away with 37000 miles in 09.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Found it here on SVTP located it in Owensboro, Kentucky. My father and I hooked the trailer up and drove 13 hours to pick it up. Stayed the night in Owensboro and the following day we loaded it and drove home another 14 hours. I found a well taken care of car that had a descent amount of mods, worth the drive to me.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
Took a train from NY to NC to get mine in December. Little over 600 mile drive home. Very nervous driving it home because I knew nothing about it lol. Was praying it just made it home!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread