BAP/Wiring Upgrade Installation Directions

KJ Hoppus

Black2k3svt
Established Member
To keep it real simple. Connect the non-fused wire on the bap to the green/yellow wire going into the FPDM. Then connect the wire coming from Pin 86 on the relay harness to the green/yellow wire going away from the FPDM.

That should do it.. Jared

Bam that just helped me out. Love the search function!

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
this may have been already covered but here goes anyhow.

When using a bap in a return setup, is it best to use the hobbs switch to activate the bap or bypass it so the bap is working all of the time?

I am thinking to help keep the strain off of the walbro pumps, that using the hobbs switch may be best left in the circuit.
Thoughts?

mustanginky

Established Member
was bored at work so I drew this up before i installed my BAP. hope it helps some of u guys.
BAPwiringdiagram.jpg

Found this in another thread

wiring1.jpg

so correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't these two different? seems to me one of them shows the power wire coming in from different places.

either of them for sure correct? and i'm sure they're both pre-fpdm?

Spoolx

Established Member
One goes directly to the battery, one goes to the power block in the fuse block.. same thing really.

mustanginky

Established Member
no look at pin 30 on the relay, one of them goes to the BAP in one illustration, and one goes to the power wire in the other one.

one has pin 87 going to the fuse box in the engine bay, the other one has pin 87 going to the BAP.

Spoolx

Established Member
no look at pin 30 on the relay, one of them goes to the BAP in one illustration, and one goes to the power wire in the other one.

one has pin 87 going to the fuse box in the engine bay, the other one has pin 87 going to the BAP.

That doesnt matter either, it doesnt matter which wire goes to 30 or 87, all that means is when the relay latches it connects those two wires.

r103

Established Member
old post but... 04 Cobra 2.76 pully, exhuast, CAI, and tune. If i install my boost a pump just like the instructions at the beginning of this thread(with wiring kit no hobbs switch) can I drive my car before I retune it?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
old post but... 04 Cobra 2.76 pully, exhuast, CAI, and tune. If i install my boost a pump just like the instructions at the beginning of this thread(with wiring kit no hobbs switch) can I drive my car before I retune it?

Yes you will be fine.
Is the retune for the BAP only?

r103

Established Member
No I have other stuff on its way, I just want to install BAP now. What setting do I put it on before tune?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

No I have other stuff on its way, I just want to install BAP now. What setting do I put it on before tune?

You can leave it on "0".
Your tuner will adjust it to the necessary setting for tuning.
Who is doing your tuning?

r103

Established Member
In the past I used Brooksspeed (Eric Brooks) he tuned my supercharged foxbody, he did a great job. Now I use Anderfab (Brian Anderson) he is only 10 mins from my house and he does a great job as well.

Last edited:

ruarkkustomz

F8LBITE
Established Member
I followed all the instructions and I wired my Hobbs switch together and ended up using the brown pink wire bc the car wouldn't start with the green yellow wired up. Now my battery is dying. By wiring up with after fpdm is that causing my bap to stay on and drain my battery? Thanks for any help

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
I followed all the instructions and I wired my Hobbs switch together and ended up using the brown pink wire bc the car wouldn't start with the green yellow wired up. Now my battery is dying. By wiring up with after fpdm is that causing my bap to stay on and drain my battery? Thanks for any help

Sounds like you sourced a full-time hot circuit instead of a key-hot circuit as the power source from under the hood to the trunk.

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
Gonna be installing a BAP with wire upgrade... But noticed my relay having 5 pins also. Which one doesn't get used like mentioned above? Thx

Should be a diagram on the side that shows the connections. Post a pic and we can tell what pins to use.

once bitt

Established Member
BAP with lethal performance dual fpdm wire upgrade

Would you happen to have directions for the BAP and lethal's dual fpdm wire upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread