Bama v2 tune

cleanstang

Established Member
Hey danny you're right nothing beats a dyno tune but not everyone can afford to go to the dyno when they add the cai that requires a tune. I only have cai and exhaust, the op asked a question I've been searching to find. Now I'm not going to get bama but with very mild bolt ons is it still a good idea to go with the tuners scott mentioned, Lund AED etc...?

dannydr44

Established Member
AED, Lund, VMP are all good. Yes, dyno tuning is more costly. You can always purchase a tune, data log and get a revised tune as well (if need be). But for what your currently doing, you shouldn’t need to do that. I still stand behind what I’ve said about BAMA but hey, it’s your money to spend and it’s not my Stang. I purchased a tune from Evolution (Lund Tune) and I’ve been happy with it. No issues, what so ever. I currently have a VMP TVS stage 2 kit sitting, along with some other goodies and once spring hits, Blake from Holcomb is going to build me a long block set up. Once I get it on the road, I’m heading to Evolution for a dyne tuning session.

djclark

Established Member
I think the main guy behind the tuning right now at Bama is Paul Meister who was an owner/tuner for Torq and also was a tuner for Steeda...both for many years.

I don't have a Bama tune, but I have to believe the tunes are much improved over what they were putting out prior to Paul joining the group. They are currently doing great things with the 2015 platform.

x2. Had a Torq tune at one point and had no complaints.

D98GT

Established Member
Yeah I used Paul/Torq for a long time in my previous cars and sent him many customers. I still talk to him very often and he's definitely a very knowledgeable and capable tuner.

I wouldn't hesitate to use him for my current setup if I weren't so close to TSS

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
To me, I don’t care how much they have “improved” or whether or not new staffing has helped them to become better tuners. Do some research and see what people have said and what they’ve experienced with Bama overall. I like American muscle for their service and speedy delivery. I do wish they would carry more parts and maybe even more hardcore racing parts in general but BAMA has been garbage since day one. Excuses are endless with them. Check out Evolution Performance and book an appointment with them. They use Lund for they’re tuning anyway and nothing beats live dyne tuning. On a side note...look at what American Muscle and BAMA did with their 2015 project stang...they bite off of and copied Evolution Performance by being “first” in the 12,11,10, 9’s etc. Like I’ve always said in any other situation on this forum, it’s not my money to spend. Happy building! :coolman:

Do you have any experience with the new tunes? I do, drivability is so good I drove 20 miles in a 13 inch snow yesterday from work. IMO an expensive tune is a waste on a stock or nearly stock car. When the mods get up there of course it is better to go with someone like AED, but I would bet 99% he would be happy with the cheaper Bama tune for now.

momogt

Established Member
I just ordered a v2 tune its free. I may like I may not like no loss for me

Last edited:

dannydr44

Established Member
Nope, I would never waste my time actually. My coworker purchased a cold air intake set up and had one of their tunes on his 2011 GT. Upon cold starts in the fall (Northern NJ) the motor would surge for about five minutes or less. He would also get a check engine light every now and then for a miss fire. Very weird but was a reality for him. He ended up getting a boss intake manifold and full exhaust from American Muscle. Made an appointment with Evolution performance for a dyno tune and couldn’t be happier. Listen, I’m not a fan of BAMA. If it works for you or for anyone else, more power to you. There are horror stories from any builder and/or shop, tuner...but when you start seeing consistent complaints or negative trends, well then you need to start asking questions.

momogt

Established Member
I am just trying it out to test the difference from v1-v2. mike rousch tunes all day for me

BrianH87

Established Member
I'd be willing to give the new team a shot at tuning my setup. I'd like to see how it would compare to my VMP tune. I also have a JDM, Roush, and Mike Rousch tune for this setup. I would be willing to share my unbiased opinion with everyone, comparing them all. What do you think, AM? I am only a few hours drive away.

Last edited:

momogt

Established Member
I'd be willing to give the new team a shot at tuning my setup. I'd like to see how it would compare to my VMP tune. I also have a JDM, Roush, and Mike Rousch tune for this setup. I would be willing to share my unbiased opinion with everyone, comparing them all. What do you think, AM? I am only a few hours drive away.

I like that idea keep us up to date

FIVEHOE

Established Member

I like the idea of a non-biased comparison, but I doubt they are gonna offer to do it for free, especially when it might not go their way.

BrianH87

Established Member
I like the idea of a non-biased comparison, but I doubt they are gonna offer to do it for free, especially when it might not go their way.

I hear that. And the more I think about it, all of my other tunes are remote street tunes. It's really not fair to compare it to a dyno tune. Plus, I'm sure more power is on the table running it closer to the edge. I'm not sure I'd feel too great running more aggressive timing / leaner afr. Either way though, I'd like to hear from BAMA / AM.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
WOT performance wont vary much between tuners assuming basic bolt on car. There are only so many parameters that can be manipulated and there is no magic. That's not to say that some hack job wont blow your motor up because its possible, but WOT tuning is easier to get right than low speed drivability.

I had a Bama tune for a short time and the car ran great. They didn't tune blowers when I ran their tune so when I upgraded to boost I went Lund and have been nothing but impressed.

good luck

Last edited:

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
The issue isn't so much that all Bama tunes are garbage but rather, the quality control is poor. I've heard from knowledgeable people that their tunes run fun and a pull on a load bearing dyno shows all is well. Then again, I've also seen tunes that are retarded from Bama.

It's split 50/50 on people saying they like their Bama tune and others saying it's complete shit. The thing is though; some people that like their Bama tune don't know better and experience a placebo effect. Having a rapid throttle response gives the impression of significant power gain... On the other hand, Bama gets trashed because who doesn't like jumping onto a hate bandwagon?

The Bama inconsistency of quality drove me to Lund. Wasn't gonna waste my time with datalogging with Bama for a CHANCE that my tune would be one of the good ones. You get what you pay for.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The issue isn't so much that all Bama tunes are garbage but rather, the quality control is poor. I've heard from knowledgeable people that their tunes run fun and a pull on a load bearing dyno shows all is well. Then again, I've also seen tunes that are retarded from Bama.

It's split 50/50 on people saying they like their Bama tune and others saying it's complete shit. The thing is though; some people that like their Bama tune don't know better and experience a placebo effect. Having a rapid throttle response gives the impression of significant power gain... On the other hand, Bama gets trashed because who doesn't like jumping onto a hate bandwagon?

The Bama inconsistency of quality drove me to Lund. Wasn't gonna waste my time with datalogging with Bama for a CHANCE that my tune would be one of the good ones. You get what you pay for.

Again, the tuner is new and the V2 has been out a few weeks. I have run both the old and the new, there is no comparison between the two. I am not biased either way and was very hard on Bama for some drivability issues I had, all are now gone and this is before data logging. If I have any problems I will be the first on here saying what they are.

amracer

Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys i understand bama has been put down for a while which is the reason i asked about v2 because they claim some good hp gains what i would like to see or hear about is someone with the new v2 tune going down the 1/4 with similar conditions before and after

Last edited:

2013GT'ed

Established Member
I had the "old" tunes. Had issues with a choppy start, surging, dying, and weird ass shifts with the auto. Paul hooked me up with a set of new tunes and the difference is night and day. Hell. I started it today and it was 24 degrees outside. Not a issue with it. Mpg is up in town, and still around 27 on the freeway. It just drives way better at part throttle or full. I was going to ditch em, but gave Paul a chance on Alex's request. Now, I'm sure there are better tunes and what not but I'm satisfied atm. Don't know what I will do when I supercharge though.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hi guys i have been trying to search for any results on the bama v2 tunes like 1/4 mile before and after i have had no luck maybe someone here could post some results before and after v2 thanks

We've had a ton of great results from our customers who are running Bama tunes. Their tunes have completely been reworked and the difference is night and day. The results from Bama's customers have been solid and the tunes are consistently performing. They've really focused on making sure that Bama's tunes are not only making the same or more power than any competitors, but that the driveability is perfectly smooth and unmatched. The power is on-demand when you hit the throttle, but it drives effortlessly and comfortably when you need it to. However, you're looking for straigh-line performance results in your post above. Here's just a few examples of customers who are happy with the performance in the 1/4 mile:

BamaCapture2_zps40d625ac.jpg

BamaCapture1_zps1984870e.jpg

BamaCapture6_zps054fdd7b.jpg

BamaCapture4_zps5f938810.jpg

As well, Bama has been hitting the 2015 market hard and their GT and EcoBoost have been breaking down records, which you can see the videos over on their Facebook page. This should be enough, but if you're looking for how fast a particular combination of mods is on your year/model, the Bama team receives dozens of 1/4 mile results from their customers each day and I can probably provide you with something pretty close to your setup.

If you want to try a free tune and already have an X4 tuner, shoot me over a PM and I'll get you over something to try for free so that you know you're happy with it before you purchase any tunes from Bama.

That's how confident we are in their product!

Hope this helps!

I have the new V2 tune from Bama, mostly because it was free. No cold start issues, no surging, great drivability. 100% improvement over the old garbage. I have no idea where it will stack up against the big boys as I have 10 inches of snow on the ground, but I intend to find out before upping the mods. When the weather improves I will data log it.

Again, the tuner is new and the V2 has been out a few weeks. I have run both the old and the new, there is no comparison between the two. I am not biased either way and was very hard on Bama for some drivability issues I had, all are now gone and this is before data logging. If I have any problems I will be the first on here saying what they are.

Do you have any experience with the new tunes? I do, drivability is so good I drove 20 miles in a 13 inch snow yesterday from work. IMO an expensive tune is a waste on a stock or nearly stock car. When the mods get up there of course it is better to go with someone like AED, but I would bet 99% he would be happy with the cheaper Bama tune for now.

Hey Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to have this posted up - I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your V2's and that the idle issues and surging are non-existent. I can't wait to hear about how you feel about the tune when the weather breaks and you get a chance to put it through its paces and datalog. Once you get more mods, let the Bama team know because they're fully capable of tuning pretty hardcore combinations just as accurately and powerfully as any of their competitors. From intake manifolds, long tubes and cams all the way up to big supercharger setups, the new Bama team is easily capable of tuning them. Their team members have both a 700+RWHP turbo Coyote GT and a 2014 GT with Cobra Jet Intake Manifold/Throttle Body/Intake, etc. that put down 435 RWHP on 93 Octane.

Let me know if there's anything I can help out with in the future and enjoy!

BamaCapture5_zps078d3e92.jpg

http://youtu.be/oomh8MUYND8
Here's a race of my 2011 bama tuned car with cai, boss manifold, o/r xpipe, and 3.31s vs my buddy's 14 lund tuned, cai, boss manifold, long tube headers, 3.73s
Seems like my bama tune worked fine.

Nice! Happy that it's running well for you. Is this on the new V2 tunes? Give the Bama team a shout if you need any updates and let me know if there's ever anything I can do. I'm glad we have another happy Bama customer!

I had the "old" tunes. Had issues with a choppy start, surging, dying, and weird ass shifts with the auto. Paul hooked me up with a set of new tunes and the difference is night and day. Hell. I started it today and it was 24 degrees outside. Not a issue with it. Mpg is up in town, and still around 27 on the freeway. It just drives way better at part throttle or full. I was going to ditch em, but gave Paul a chance on Alex's request. Now, I'm sure there are better tunes and what not but I'm satisfied atm. Don't know what I will do when I supercharge though.

I'm really happy that you're enjoying the new V2 tunes and that it fixed any issues you had with the old Bama tunes. There definitely is a big difference in performance, consistency and driveability. I'm also happy to hear that you like the new Auto shifting patterns. They've been hard at work with making sure that the automatic driveability is key.

When you go to add a supercharger, hit me up and I'll make sure you get taken care of. The Bama team can absolutely handle an aftermarket supercharger setup on a 5.0L Coyote with no issues. That's all they've been tuning lately and they'll do whatever it takes to prove that it's spot-on whether it's posting datalogs here on the forum with dyno and track results or even meeting customers at 3rd party dynos to prove a point. We've got their back and will arrange for that to happen. The Bama team would love to remote tune your car for you when you've got the power adder installed!

Alex

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread