Bama v2 tune

amracer

Established Member
Hi guys i have been trying to search for any results on the bama v2 tunes like 1/4 mile before and after i have had no luck maybe someone here could post some results before and after v2 thanks

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I don't think you're going to find too many people on this forum that are running Bama tunes. Try TMS forum, that seems to be more of a visual only/ super mild mod forum.

BrianH87

Established Member
I have no experience with BAMA, but they did just get a bunch of new tuners. They will even tune blowers and E85 now. From the little I've gathered, their new tunes are much better than the old ones.

Nuar

Established Member
To me, new tuners, spells inexperience.
honestly if there are tuners out there available that have a proven track record of great reliable tunes, why are people willing to play russian roulette with "new tuners at Bama"?

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have the new V2 tune from Bama, mostly because it was free. No cold start issues, no surging, great drivability. 100% improvement over the old garbage. I have no idea where it will stack up against the big boys as I have 10 inches of snow on the ground, but I intend to find out before upping the mods. When the weather improves I will data log it.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Thats what I also plan on doing. Datalogging the new bama tunes and see how they stack up with the old tune datalogs and other tunes.

cleanstang

Established Member
I talked to a guy named louis friday from bama and he said they can change many things on the car especillay the lag in the drive by wire. Idk much else like power numbers i saw a video where they tuned a '12 mustang gt before and after with just a tune he ran .5 faster 1/4 but cant find much besides that. What handheld tuners do you guys recommend if bama is not so good? I don't have enough mods on my car to dyno tune it yet. There's a dyno at MPS 5 min from my house.

scotmach

Established Member
You don't need a dyno tune.

AED, Lund, VMP, and MAP would be a few tuners that you could go with. Just do some research on all and then contact them with any questions/concerns and go from there.

The thing about Bama is they are the kings of marketing. Large magazines adds and a number of guys on the forums that are just trying to sell you a boat load of nothing does not equal a good tune. Have they gotten better with their new tuner? Anything is possible. But they have gone through a slew of different tuners over the last few years. Food for thought.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Get a custom tune for your car through data logging or dyno tuning. I use AED, and there are several others that will do tunes through data logging so that you don't have to go to a dyno.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I think the main guy behind the tuning right now at Bama is Paul Meister who was an owner/tuner for Torq and also was a tuner for Steeda...both for many years.

I don't have a Bama tune, but I have to believe the tunes are much improved over what they were putting out prior to Paul joining the group. They are currently doing great things with the 2015 platform.

cleanstang

Established Member
Thanks scot I'll be calling lund in the morning. I looked at their website not much detail but i see a lot of high hp cars with lund racing on them. I don't have high hp actually almost stock but might as well get a good tune. How does it plug to your car? Is it a handheld or gotta use the laptop to hook to the car? I don't know anything about tuners and sorry to highjack the thread but i was looking at ordering the bama tune tomorrow from americanmuscle.

dannydr44

Established Member
To me, I don’t care how much they have “improved” or whether or not new staffing has helped them to become better tuners. Do some research and see what people have said and what they’ve experienced with Bama overall. I like American muscle for their service and speedy delivery. I do wish they would carry more parts and maybe even more hardcore racing parts in general but BAMA has been garbage since day one. Excuses are endless with them. Check out Evolution Performance and book an appointment with them. They use Lund for they’re tuning anyway and nothing beats live dyne tuning. On a side note...look at what American Muscle and BAMA did with their 2015 project stang...they bite off of and copied Evolution Performance by being “first” in the 12,11,10, 9’s etc. Like I’ve always said in any other situation on this forum, it’s not my money to spend. Happy building! :coolman:

Blxcklist

Established Member
The new Bama tunes arent even relatively close to what that whack job Mike Wilson was doing. Paul owned Torq and worked at Steeda for a while and has the knowledge to tune successfully. Dont hestitate on the V2 tunes, and the people badmouthing them also have no experience with the V2 set of tunes.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
look at what American Muscle and BAMA did with their 2015 project stang...they bite off of and copied Evolution Performance by being “first” in the 12,11,10, 9’s etc

Regarding the 15's...Have you seen the Ford .99 challenge? Ford was the first in the 12's with the ecoboost, first in the 11's NA, and first in the 10's supercharged...this was before the cars were even in the hands of the public...do a google search and watch the video. So did Ford "bite off and copy" Evo? Lol

Anytime a new model hits the streets tuner shops are rushing to bring product to the market and most want to the the first to break barriers and set records. It's a cycle we see with all new models.

Regarding Bama, everyone is entitled to their opinion...I was just stating some info. I do not have and have never had a Bama tune. I do love American Muscle for the facts you stated and have ordered parts from them throughout the years.

dannydr44

Established Member
Yes, I saw the Ford .99 challenge. I’m referring to they're marketing and use of youtube videos. Just my two cents on that matter. So no, I don’t need to do a search on google for that. Of course any builder or shop is going to advertise and stress their accomplishments. I just find it funny how American Muscle and BAMA was able to advertise or promote their 2015 build as first in the 12s, 11s, 10s, and 9s...just like how Evolution did when the new 5.0 came out. My opinion on BAMA is they’re not worth the money, no matter how many personal they’ve gone through for tuning.

derricksmustang

Established Member
I'm up to see how much better the new tune is and will do so because i am Bama tuned already so no money out of my pocket yet. I like the fact they are now tuning for E85 and that was one of my big reasons for looking to switch. So the theories and nothing to back it up besides people liking big Names that are on here are no different then the people reading magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread