bama tunes

scott_0

Established Member
I gauren god damn te you will not touch or beat the current tune in Scotto's car... LMAO... good shot.
yeah man, I'm pretty damn happy with Adam's tune, I have no hate for Bama honestly, hell I used to run their tunes, just had no faith that I had a safe tune, when they updated my tune for my long tubes, I was getting awful fuel mileage, when I called in the "tech" I talked to, seemingly had no interest in my concern other than asking if my tire size and rear gear was set properly in the tuner. while I'm not seeing great mileage with the Rev Auto tune, it makes crazy power and it's smooth.

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Completely understandable! If you guys are ever up to letting us show you that first-hand in-person how powerful, safe and consistent the tunes are, let me know. There have been tons of positive reviews lately, especially in the Anything Coyote Mustang Related Facebook group from people who literally were even further done with Bama than you guys. I think you'd be surprised!

The Bama team is a new group of fresh faces, all SCT certified, excited to be kicking ass and completely revamping the image. We're here whenever someone wants to put them to the test!

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I don't want to see the dyno, I want to see both tunes same driver at the track.

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
Shoot me a PM and we can walk through the details. We're not interested in stealing or looking at anyone's tune (we don't need to and don't conduct business that way), just showing what Bama tunes can do. You can feel free to be there and watch/supervise every step Bama takes, but we're not starting a war with anyone and bringing another tuner along. That's not the point of what we're doing.

The Bama 2015 GT was completely tuned by Bama, which has been cleared up dozens of times now.

You're welcome in on the challenge as well. As long as you'll allow video!

And yes, Paul has tuned GM quite a bit in the past. Unfortunately Bama doesn't offer any GM tuning currently. Sorry! They can recommend some people in the area that you can bring it to. They're happy to tune any Mustangs that need to be calibrated, though!

When was this cleared up? specifically? because it's still a nice little controversy as far as i can see. Ask me how i know.

thebreather

Established Member
so basically alex in sweetened words,your admitting your previous tunes were poor. ive personaly been through all the bullshit and bad track days, car stumbling shutting the throttle plate at the 60-100 foot mark and all the surging when cold and 4 revisions over 6 weeks to the point and I had enough.

so are you saying now your new and improved ?

AJstang

Established Member
When was this cleared up? specifically? because it's still a nice little controversy as far as i can see. Ask me how i know.

Exactly. I still don't believe they did it on there own. While I believe Bama is trying to turn things around they have so many customers it seems like it's to much for them to handle which in turn results in more problems like the OP is having.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
I just install stainless LT headers, OR x pipe ,steeda cai and tubular k member. I got a tune revision from the company I bought my tuner from and I wish I had not touched the car the idle is choppy at times .I didn't know a CAI was going to be noisy.and its loud!So my question is can I run the headers and stock air box with k&n filter on the stock tune for a while .I already put the factory mufflers back on.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hmm, I could use a Nitrous tune for next season to step up to the 150 jets.

We can put it on the rollers with the Bama Performance team and you can watch the dyno results, datalogs, etc. in real-time. This way you'll know exactly how the tune is performing, how safe it is, etc. We would love to help you with the 150 shot and are even willing to go to the track with you next season!

I don't want to see the dyno, I want to see both tunes same driver at the track.

We're good with this. We have no problem putting Bama tunes to the test on the dyno for measured proof and then we'll take the cars to the track and prove it there as well.

No controversy. I won't ask "how you know", but I'm sorry you were misinformed. Bama Performance tuned the car, at all times. Here's what was posted to answer the questions "who tuned the car" and "will this track tune be what you send to your customers" to the Bama team (here):

"Let's get this cleared up now...

We've already said in the past that we work with JPC, but I'll say it again in case anyone missed it. They're obviously extremely talented and we're really proud to be working with them. In addition to the 2015's that we're building, we're also working on a line of drag racing components that will be available exclusively here at AmericanMuscle in early 2015. We're really excited about the release of some killer new drag-racing parts built specifically for the 2015's. There will be more details to come.

So who tuned BAMA's 9-second 2015 Mustang? BAMA tuned the car, plain and simple. Paul and the BAMA team tuned the GT themselves from day one and are also working on tuning for EcoBoost S550's as we speak. We're really excited to see what they'll be able to accomplish with the new 2.3L Turbo platform and the results have been crazy so far. They've seen well into the mid-400's torque on our race-only development tune!

I also want to answer the questions about what the BAMA tune we're running in this 2015 GT now is compared to what they'll make available to the general public. Is the tune identical? The answer is no. The BAMA team is pushing this car to the absolute limits during their testing and development. BAMA wouldn't sell a mail-order tune for a 150 hit of nitrous or for a 9-second full race-build meant to test the limits. Even though mail-order tunes have come a very long way and there's many great vendors who will dial in your car even with serious modifications, we'll always recommend at this level that you strap the car down and have someone dyno tune it.

How will BAMA customers benefit by this 2015 GT going 9's? While the exact tune will not be available, many parts of the tune have made and will continue to make their way into the BAMA Track Tunes that they're building for customers.

Let me put this out there... If you have a 2015 or plan on picking one up, hit me up if you're interested in trying the BAMA Track Tune. The BAMA team is extremely proud of their work. If you're in the area, swing by and they'll get you loaded up! Also, we're always willing to work with ACMR members on a great deal so you can try a BAMA tune."

so basically alex in sweetened words,your admitting your previous tunes were poor. ive personaly been through all the bullshit and bad track days, car stumbling shutting the throttle plate at the 60-100 foot mark and all the surging when cold and 4 revisions over 6 weeks to the point and I had enough.

so are you saying now your new and improved ?

I wouldn't say the tunes were poor. I would say that they were inconsistent. We had people praising Bama tunes and going to bat for us, but we also had people who tried Bama tunes multiple times and gave up. The tunes weren't poor, they just weren't consistently performing for our customers. So the Bama team brought in new staff, new software, vehicles and spent countless hours on the dyno, at the track, building cars, driving them on the street, etc. to full refine their products for us. The feedback across the board has been so much better.

You will need to join the "Anything Coyote Mustang Related" Facebook group, but check out these examples:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/390786757684390/permalink/695948773834852/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/390786757684390/permalink/696442070452189/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/390786757684390/permalink/696536397109423/
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203112446316968

The Bama team is completely different than they were before. It's going to take a while for them to prove it, but they're going to prove that their product is up to par with anyone else's. There's noting they can't do that others can.

I just install stainless LT headers, OR x pipe ,steeda cai and tubular k member. I got a tune revision from the company I bought my tuner from and I wish I had not touched the car the idle is choppy at times .I didn't know a CAI was going to be noisy.and its loud!So my question is can I run the headers and stock air box with k&n filter on the stock tune for a while .I already put the factory mufflers back on.

What company was this from? Is this a Bama tune or someone else?

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
so you guys are actually making changes to the variable cam timing now?

This is a weird rumor. There have always been changes to VCT in the 2005-2010 3V and 2011+ Ti-VCT. That goes back as far as Bama has been tuning them. So, yes...

Last edited:

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
I just finished installing my Airaid CAI, Off Road X-pipe, and Bama tune on my Son's 5.0---1000% satisfied. I used to own a 2013 Jon Lund Tuned Shelby GT500 and my Son's Mustang 5.0 so far is perfect!! Alex, I feel kinda bad for you-these guys are mouthing off on you(in a nice/meanish kinda way) and
you have to be all professional. Shit man, let it out. Come on now!!:) j/k.....

clc44

Established Member
I just finished installing my Airaid CAI, Off Road X-pipe, and Bama tune on my Son's 5.0---1000% satisfied. I used to own a 2013 Jon Lund Tuned Shelby GT500 and my Son's Mustang 5.0 so far is perfect!! Alex, I feel kinda bad for you-these guys are mouthing off on you(in a nice/meanish kinda way) and
you have to be all professional. Shit man, let it out. Come on now!!:) j/k.....

Good to see! Best part about the tunes, they're free for life with the purchase of the tuner. If you hate it, get a tune somewhere else, not like paying $400 and hating it. I love AM and just bought some 19's with the great Black Friday discount. It will be a while before I get a hand held, but if things keep looking up I'll try the tune as well.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

SMFH

wow

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Alex are there any plans with the new staff/software now in place to begin writing tunes for the basic blower packages that are out there for 2011+ coyote mustangs?

Vortech/Paxton
Roush/VMP
Whipple/Ford

BrianH87

Established Member
I have never had dealings with bama for tuning, but I buy parts from AM all the time. I can say that they are one of the few vendors on here that always conduct themselves very professionally no matter how far they are pushed by others. The service is always top notch. You guys know about all the drama from the other tuners recently. If I was still NA, I'd have no problem running a bama tune on my car.

JasinEdward

Established Member
I had a Diablosport and spent the $150 for BAMA tunes for a while. After a few logs, I ran a best of 13.2@109. I bested 12.8@113 on my stock tune. After that I traded my Diablo for an SCT and spent the $250 to go with AED. I did inquire about the new tunes after hearing good things, but no one ever responded to to multiple requests through PM's.

Users who are viewing this thread