bama tunes

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
There working on e85 tunes now per alex:

Bama's currently in development on their E85 tunes and if I had to make an educated guess I would say that they're likely going to have them around Spring 2015

So Alex lied.... "There's noting they can't do that others can."- Alex

So as of now BAMA can't tune for injectors and E85... so in fact they cannot do what others do.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
So, who would trust them to tune their intake, axle back a6 Gt? I probably won't add much more than that. For a while at least.

Last edited:

Slegos888

Established Member
So, who would trust them to tune their intake, axle back a6 Gt? I probably won't add much more than that. For a while at least.

I currently run a bama tune and have no complaints. 2011 a6 GT , boss intake , jlt Cai, pypes lts. Will have dyno numbers on my set up with bama tune in a couple weeks. Then getting a dyno tune to see how much I can improve.

scotmach

Established Member
Mike Rousch if you have an auto. One member on another board picked up 6/10 going from a Bama tune to Mike Rousch.

Green99

Established Member
Offroad x-pipe and tuner are on the way. I'll let ya'll know!

So I ordered a pypes offroad x pipe and sct x4 tuner from AM. "x pipe" comes in today, its actually a catback for 05-10 stangs. Call and they email call tag label to send wrong stuff back and then tell me the x pipe is backordered and is now 4-6 weeks out. Wasn't backordered when I placed the order. I can wait or get a refund. Kicker is I ordered it during black Friday sales and getting my money back still cost me because all other sites are back to full price. I was on the fence between a lethal x pipe and a used SCT a buying a Mike Rousch tune or getting everything from AM. Now I hav no x pipe and a tuner on the way with a tune for an offroad x that I cant use.

In conclusion, I will NOT be letting ya'll know. Going with what I should have in the first place. Lethal off road x and a Mike Rousch tune.

scotmach

Established Member
So I ordered a pypes offroad x pipe and sct x4 tuner from AM. "x pipe" comes in today, its actually a catback for 05-10 stangs. Call and they email call tag label to send wrong stuff back and then tell me the x pipe is backordered and is now 4-6 weeks out. Wasn't backordered when I placed the order. I can wait or get a refund. Kicker is I ordered it during black Friday sales and getting my money back still cost me because all other sites are back to full price. I was on the fence between a lethal x pipe and a used SCT a buying a Mike Rousch tune or getting everything from AM. Now I hav no x pipe and a tuner on the way with a tune for an offroad x that I cant use.

In conclusion, I will NOT be letting ya'll know. Going with what I should have in the first place. Lethal off road x and a Mike Rousch tune.
Good for you. You will be much happier in the long run.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Think I'm going to try bama!

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised with what they can do for you and your Mustang!

AM and Bama will do you right, they are busy right now. Alex is the guy to have in your corner if you have something going wrong as well, that guy gets shit done.

Hey James-Thanks for the kind words! You know I don't mess around here and I'll do anything in my power to help get our customers up and running as fast as humanly possible! If there's ever anything else I can help out with don't hesitate to let me know! Happy to hear that she's running like a bat out of hell too!

Can they tune FR 47lb injectors and E85 yet?

There working on e85 tunes now per alex:

Bama's currently in development on their E85 tunes and if I had to make an educated guess I would say that they're likely going to have them around Spring 2015

So Alex lied.... "There's noting they can't do that others can."- Alex

So as of now BAMA can't tune for injectors and E85... so in fact they cannot do what others do.

Just to clear the air here, I didn't say they CAN'T tune for E85, I just said that they don't currently offer it to the public-Let me know if I missed something here.

I had a Bama tune on my 2013 about 8 months ago. They could not get the A6 to shift right. it would hesitate between shifts under light acceleration. I datalogged with them for about 1 month. I gave up as I was afraid it would damage my transmission.

Some of what you hear on the forums is regurgitated, some of it is real.

shifting is an issue with all the A6's, regardless of who the tuner is... I've heard that time after time... But I have no worries because I shift my own gears!!!!

Sorry to hear about this guys but we did hear about them running into some isolated issues that have been corrected-The majority of them were due to receiving incorrect information in regards to correct gears and tire size. It's all in the details! Furthermore many software companies have had issues with the templates for the automatics and there were wide spread problems-Just to reiterate they're in good shape now!

I currently run a bama tune and have no complaints. 2011 a6 GT , boss intake , jlt Cai, pypes lts. Will have dyno numbers on my set up with bama tune in a couple weeks. Then getting a dyno tune to see how much I can improve.

Slego-Awesome! Can't wait to see the results!

Whoa! Green! Sorry to hear about this but if you'd like to shoot me a PM with your order number I'm more than happy to work with you and get you into a different mid pipe and get it rushed out for you at no additional charge-I'm here to help you guys so let me know what I can do to make this right and this will be fixed today and parts will be in your possession tomorrow.

Alex

Last edited:

CobraJohn01

Established Member
Hey Alex, I was thinking it might be a good idea to give us an idea of when the changes were made at Bama and when the new team's tunes started going out. That way it can help put to rest some of the "well my tune sucks..." comments. I'm sure a portion of the people commenting are people who've only got experience with the previous team's tunes. If we know an approximate cutoff date, it would help bring some clarity to this discussion/debate.

For what it's worth, I'm trying to decide which place to get my SCT X4 from. Even though I have placed several orders with AM and never had a problem, I wasn't really considering ordering my X4 through you due to the negative buzz surrounding Bama's tunes. I will admit though that what I've read in this thread is given me some reason to reconsider. Some clarity on who's running the "new and improved" Bana tunes vs who's badmouthing Bama based on their old tunes would certainly help me and others in the decision making process.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
I just got some new Tunes from Bama. My 2013 gt A6 has no shifting issues, never bogs down anymore, and gets a lot better in town mpgs. 15.5-16 vs about 12.5 before, with the same style of driving anyways. I had the *old* tunes so I would guess that the new crew showed up after July at least? There really is no way to describe how the car is now compared to what it was. Now it will throw it sideways coming out of the hole if I feel like being dumb in a secluded area. I used to get 25 or so on the freeway at 70, and I have not had the time to see what I get now but I'm sure it has improved. Oh, and now it chirps the tires when it hits the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shit (sometimes). These new tunes are definitely better then before. I think they are working hard at getting a good rep for the new crew.

Users who are viewing this thread