bama tunes

cjd223

Established Member
Interesting responses. I have had nothing but good luck with AM/BAMA. I installed the 93 octane race tune in my '12 GT A6. It runs flawlessly. I am having am issue with the SCT tuner itself. It does not want to download any updates or firmware. Talked with SCT last week about the problem. Looks like I will have to plug the tuner into my car to see what is going on.
That is if I EVER get my car out of the Ford dealership. They have had it for over two weeks. The morons at the Sterling Axle Plant can't seem to make a correct product.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Alex are there any plans with the new staff/software now in place to begin writing tunes for the basic blower packages that are out there for 2011+ coyote mustangs?

Vortech/Paxton
Roush/VMP
Whipple/Ford

Definitely! The Bama team are offering alot of these already! Give them a call and Paul can hook you up.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Interesting responses. I have had nothing but good luck with AM/BAMA. I installed the 93 octane race tune in my '12 GT A6. It runs flawlessly. I am having am issue with the SCT tuner itself. It does not want to download any updates or firmware. Talked with SCT last week about the problem. Looks like I will have to plug the tuner into my car to see what is going on.
That is if I EVER get my car out of the Ford dealership. They have had it for over two weeks. The morons at the Sterling Axle Plant can't seem to make a correct product.

That's great to hear! I'm stoked that your GT is running great. Let the Bama team know if they can help you with figuring out the firmware issue. That sounds frustrating! They're here to help and so am I. Shoot me over a PM at any time!

Still offer the engine warranty?

Absolutely. If you own a 2011+ 5.0L, our Cylinder #8 warranty is available on Bama tunes as long as they're the only tune that has been on the car. You can read the full warranty over on our site on any tuner/tunes product page under specs. Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have absolutely any questions at all!

I had a Diablosport and spent the $150 for BAMA tunes for a while. After a few logs, I ran a best of 13.2@109. I bested 12.8@113 on my stock tune. After that I traded my Diablo for an SCT and spent the $250 to go with AED. I did inquire about the new tunes after hearing good things, but no one ever responded to to multiple requests through PM's.

Sorry about that! Please either shoot me over a PM directly or even just give the Bama team a call anytime and they'll hook you up with new tunes! http://www.BamaPerformance.com

I have never had dealings with bama for tuning, but I buy parts from AM all the time. I can say that they are one of the few vendors on here that always conduct themselves very professionally no matter how far they are pushed by others. The service is always top notch. You guys know about all the drama from the other tuners recently. If I was still NA, I'd have no problem running a bama tune on my car.

Thank you for the kind words! We truly appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you've been happy with our service. Of course we're going to hear about alot of drama. What alot of the public doesn't realize is that there are a few tuners out there who are spreading alot of rumors about their competitors (not just Bama) to benefit themselves. We never get involved in that type of mess and neither does Bama. We're just going to keep doing what we're doing and prove that the Bama tune quality is much better. We're pretty transparent - any time someone wants to know something they can just ask! If you're in the Philly area and want a free Bama dyno tune, hit me up!

I just finished installing my Airaid CAI, Off Road X-pipe, and Bama tune on my Son's 5.0---1000% satisfied. I used to own a 2013 Jon Lund Tuned Shelby GT500 and my Son's Mustang 5.0 so far is perfect!! Alex, I feel kinda bad for you-these guys are mouthing off on you(in a nice/meanish kinda way) and
you have to be all professional. Shit man, let it out. Come on now!!:) j/k.....

That's really great to hear. Glad we could hook your son up with Bama tunes! Thanks again for the compliments, it's really appreciated! As for keeping cool - haters gonna hate I guess? We'll just keep doing our thing and the Bama team will keep building quality tunes and over time it will show. The tuner(s) who are running around bad-mouthing others will eventually find something else to dislike. In the meantime, we'll keep testing the limits of our vehicles with the Bama team and proving that their products work to our customers! Thank you again for your kind words and if you ever need anything, you know where to find me!

Good to see! Best part about the tunes, they're free for life with the purchase of the tuner. If you hate it, get a tune somewhere else, not like paying $400 and hating it. I love AM and just bought some 19's with the great Black Friday discount. It will be a while before I get a hand held, but if things keep looking up I'll try the tune as well.

Thanks for the business and your support! When you're ready for a tuner, hit me up and I'll send you out a tuner ready to go and if you don't like it - return it! If you like it, you can pay for it after you test it out! That's how confident we are in Bama's new tunes.

Just_A_GT

Established Member
I don't understand why people are so bent out of shape about Bama tunes. If you don't want one, don't buy one and just move along...do you have nothing better to do with your time other than come on here and poke AM with a stick?

Just_A_GT

Established Member
I don't want to see the dyno, I want to see both tunes same driver at the track.

something tells me that even if the dyno and track times proved the bama tune was now worthy of your "approval", you (and others) would still find a way to complain about it.

djclark

Established Member
FWIW It looks like the dude from Torq Speed Lab is working with them. I ran his tunes a while back and they were solid. So I have no doubt bamas tunes have the potential to be pretty cool.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
AM and Bama will do you right, they are busy right now. Alex is the guy to have in your corner if you have something going wrong as well, that guy gets shit done.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
The Bama team is completely different than they were before. It's going to take a while for them to prove it, but they're going to prove that their product is up to par with anyone else's. There's noting they can't do that others can.

Can they tune FR 47lb injectors and E85 yet?

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
bama will not bash people but I will!!! Tons of people bad mouth Bama and I bet for the most they never even had a bama tune or even known someone that has.(with bad results) MEGA-PHONE AFFECT!!! Its just that they have some different tune and what they have is the best because that is want they bought. Or I just wonder how many people on this forum have a coyote or any car to mention period! Much less a tune.... People just regurgitating what they have heard with no experience of the own!!!!

redline5.0

Established Member
Can they tune FR 47lb injectors and E85 yet?

There working on e85 tunes now per alex:

Bama's currently in development on their E85 tunes and if I had to make an educated guess I would say that they're likely going to have them around Spring 2015

Last edited:

cb900f

Established Member
bama will not bash people but I will!!! Tons of people bad mouth Bama and I bet for the most they never even had a bama tune or even known someone that has.(with bad results) MEGA-PHONE AFFECT!!! Its just that they have some different tune and what they have is the best because that is want they bought. Or I just wonder how many people on this forum have a coyote or any car to mention period! Much less a tune.... People just regurgitating what they have heard with no experience of the own!!!!
I had a Bama tune on my 2013 about 8 months ago. They could not get the A6 to shift right. it would hesitate between shifts under light acceleration. I datalogged with them for about 1 month. I gave up as I was afraid it would damage my transmission.

Some of what you hear on the forums is regurgitated, some of it is real.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
I had a Bama tune on my 2013 about 8 months ago. They could not get the A6 to shift right. it would hesitate between shifts under light acceleration. I datalogged with them for about 1 month. I gave up as I was afraid it would damage my transmission.

This is me being nice by only saying "x2".

2014gttrackpack

Established Member

shifting is an issue with all the A6's, regardless of who the tuner is... I've heard that time after time... But I have no worries because I shift my own gears!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread