bama tunes

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
Has anyone gotten one of the tunes from bama's new tuning crew yet? I have one I received about 6 months ago and its horrible. Sorry for lack of better words but it is. It idles erratically, when I go WOT it has hesitation and seems confused as what gear it wants to downshift too.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Do a search but have you tried to get them to revise your tune?

VMP tune here and no issues.

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
I'm trying to get in touch with them now. Sent an email haven't received a reply yet, well not at this very moment, a couple days ago.I went through this once before with them back in '13 when I got my x3 but I sold it and got an x4 this summer and haven't had a chance to get back to the dyno yet. I goggled the new lead tuner and I see he's owned a few fords so hopefully I can get a revision that will hold me off till I can get back on the rollers

rfopt

Established Member
I received an updated tune from their newer crew in early-mid September. Car seems to run pretty good. However, my car seemed to run pretty good on the original tune I received mid-late June as well. My 14 GT is a manual and the only other mod is Flowmaster American Thunder axle-back mufflers.

scott_0

Established Member
to hear them talk, they're new and improved and can compete with the top tuners, not so sure about that. fact of the matter, they may very well be really good now, but their reputation on forums is so damaged, at this point it hard to convince people otherwise

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Has anyone gotten one of the tunes from bama's new tuning crew yet? I have one I received about 6 months ago and its horrible. Sorry for lack of better words but it is. It idles erratically, when I go WOT it has hesitation and seems confused as what gear it wants to downshift too.

I'm trying to get in touch with them now. Sent an email haven't received a reply yet, well not at this very moment, a couple days ago.I went through this once before with them back in '13 when I got my x3 but I sold it and got an x4 this summer and haven't had a chance to get back to the dyno yet. I goggled the new lead tuner and I see he's owned a few fords so hopefully I can get a revision that will hold me off till I can get back on the rollers

Hey OP! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having at WOT and I'm confident Paul will be able to get you back on the right track immediately! Can you please shoot me a PM with your phone number and email address so I can track your order down? Paul's had some serious builds over the past decade and I trust him with my life! He'll work to make sure that you're beyond satisfied with your tune so let me know and we'll have this fixed for you today!

Alex

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member

OP, mine does this as well. Granted, I have a manual '13, but when I go WOT my car hesitates and feels like it's not truly "WOT", and the "power" seems to kick in randomly and you can actually feel the car "bog" down a bit at times... it drives me nuts and I hate it! I am very disappointed.

I just figured this was the norm as I have never owned this platform of Mustang yet and I knew it was drive-by-wire, etc, etc... I just figured it was an "electronic-lag" issue or something like that. :nonono:

I have an SCT tuner as well with the Bama-Tunes for life thing... I may just take it up to Kurgan, though, and see what he can do to tune it on his dyno. He dyno-tuned my Terminator when I had it, and I absolutely loved driving that car and would not hesitate to drive it across the U.S.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
OP, mine does this as well. Granted, I have a manual '13, but when I go WOT my car hesitates and feels like it's not truly "WOT", and the "power" seems to kick in randomly and you can actually feel the car "bog" down a bit at times... it drives me nuts and I hate it! I am very disappointed.

I just figured this was the norm as I have never owned this platform of Mustang yet and I knew it was drive-by-wire, etc, etc... I just figured it was an "electronic-lag" issue or something like that. :nonono:

I have an SCT tuner as well with the Bama-Tunes for life thing... I may just take it up to Kurgan, though, and see what he can do to tune it on his dyno. He dyno-tuned my Terminator when I had it, and I absolutely loved driving that car and would not hesitate to drive it across the U.S.

Phoenix-That's definitely on the odd side-Can you shoot me your contact info so I can get Paul on the phone with you? Moving forward I'd like to get a datalog setup so Bama can get a closer look and sort this for you!

Alex

scotmach

Established Member
to hear them talk, they're new and improved and can compete with the top tuners, not so sure about that. fact of the matter, they may very well be really good now, but their reputation on forums is so damaged, at this point it hard to convince people otherwise
Exactly.
Phoenix-That's definitely on the odd side
Actually for Bama that's pretty much the norm............

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
I am stock and notice these power fluctuations when the traction control and advancetrac are on. Less so otherwise.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Exactly.

Hey Scot-I'm sorry you feel that way but this is absolutely out of the norm-If you're ever in the area or would like to head down here we're happy to strap you down to our rollers to compare your current tune with a Bama tune

OP-PM received and replied! We'll get you some help very soon!

Alex

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hey OP-I just spoke with Paul and he let me know that you weren't running the new tunes! Check your email, load em' up and let us know how they work out!

Alex

Justin81

Established Member
Wait a minute, Bama? NO WAY. OP must be doing it wrong.

Alex, Do you ever get tired of playing rescue for Bama's customers? I'm calling it right now. Mark my words. Some day, sometime in the future AM will drop the affiliation with BAMA and explore a different option.

scott_0

Established Member
Exactly.

Hey Scot-I'm sorry you feel that way but this is absolutely out of the norm-If you're ever in the area or would like to head down here we're happy to strap you down to our rollers to compare your current tune with a Bama tune

OP-PM received and replied! We'll get you some help very soon!

Alex

pretty funny shit! makes this offer to someone multiple states away, knowing they aint coming down here, but doesnt make the offer to someone that is only 35mi away, well play Alex, well played :rollseyes

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member
Loaded new tunes and they are better than old ones. Idle is a lot smoother and car does drive better. Thanks for the help.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Loaded new tunes and they are better than old ones. Idle is a lot smoother and car does drive better. Thanks for the help.

Glad to hear you like the new tunes. The Bama team is killing it with their new files and I am excited to hear that you're enjoying them. Thanks again for your patience during the craziest few weeks of our year!

pretty funny shit! makes this offer to someone multiple states away, knowing they aint coming down here, but doesnt make the offer to someone that is only 35mi away, well play Alex, well played :rollseyes

Scott, we'll put our tunes on your car and before/after dyno comparison our stuff to whoever you're running (don't want to know - or care). Friendly competition! If we don't match or beat the power/torque and/or demonstrate clearly that our tune is safer or better, we'll buy pizza for anyone that already replied to this thread!

If we win, all we ask is that you give us props when people ask! You can watch and verify that we're doing this fairly in-person. You get free lunch out of it regardless. We just have to be able to video it. Does that work for you?

Wait a minute, Bama? NO WAY. OP must be doing it wrong.

Alex, Do you ever get tired of playing rescue for Bama's customers? I'm calling it right now. Mark my words. Some day, sometime in the future AM will drop the affiliation with BAMA and explore a different option.

Justin, same offer for you. We'll gladly take your car, strap it to the rollers and if the Bama team doesn't match or beat the power, safety and consistency of whatever tune you're currently running, we'll buy this thread pizza. Delivered to everyone's door from their choice of favorite local pizza place. Deal?

We're ready to help Bama prove their new tunes are top-notch. We stand behind every product we sell and Bama is going nowhere - we'll always support them. They're breaking records with the 2015 GT, built some crazy GT500's lately, run a fast Cobra that will be 9's soon and a pretty sick Raptor in production.

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
Scott, we'll put our tunes on your car and before/after dyno comparison our stuff to whoever you're running (don't want to know - or care). Friendly competition! If we don't match or beat the power/torque and/or demonstrate clearly that our tune is safer or better, we'll buy pizza for anyone that already replied to this thread!

If we win, all we ask is that you give us props when people ask! You can watch and verify that we're doing this fairly in-person. You get free lunch out of it regardless. We just have to be able to video it. Does that work for you?

Justin, same offer for you. We'll gladly take your car, strap it to the rollers and if the Bama team doesn't match or beat the power, safety and consistency of whatever tune you're currently running, we'll buy this thread pizza. Delivered to everyone's door from their choice of favorite local pizza place. Deal?

We're ready to help Bama prove their new tunes are top-notch. We stand behind every product we sell and Bama is going nowhere - we'll always support them. They're breaking records with the 2015 GT, built some crazy GT500's lately, run a fast Cobra that will be 9's soon and a pretty sick Raptor in production.

I gauren god damn te you will not touch or beat the current tune in Scotto's car... LMAO... good shot.

And the Am 2015 or the am/JPC 2015..

Man I kinda want in on the challenge.... But can we bring our tuner (scotto-and mine) to make sure that there isn't any tune files being stolen???

Oh and off topic.. well not really.. Can you ask Paul I have a buddy that has a lsx based car and needs a tune.. I hear Paul is the Man with tuning GM cars.. I'll wait to hear this response. LMFAO

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Shoot me a PM and we can walk through the details. We're not interested in stealing or looking at anyone's tune (we don't need to and don't conduct business that way), just showing what Bama tunes can do. You can feel free to be there and watch/supervise every step Bama takes, but we're not starting a war with anyone and bringing another tuner along. That's not the point of what we're doing.

The Bama 2015 GT was completely tuned by Bama, which has been cleared up dozens of times now.

You're welcome in on the challenge as well. As long as you'll allow video!

And yes, Paul has tuned GM quite a bit in the past. Unfortunately Bama doesn't offer any GM tuning currently. Sorry! They can recommend some people in the area that you can bring it to. They're happy to tune any Mustangs that need to be calibrated, though!

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
Good response Alex. Fair enough. Thing is, my current tune is from a world class, high profile tuner. I have logged it in many different environments and from what I see in the logs and time slips there's nothing on the table. I wouldn't be interested in testing my proven tune against a tune that has a very poor reputation. If it was AED, maybe.

If Bama comes around in the future and puts some points on the board I'll remain open minded. I saw the Black '15 at Cecil and I was blown away. It looked, sounded and ran awesome. However, that is not really the reflection of Bama that is going to turn them around. It is going to take reviews, positive customer service, and satisfied customers with no quirky tune problems like we've been seeing for the last few years. I wish you guys all the best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread