BAMA tune dyno tested!

clinton2003

Established Member
What i was getting at was just because your car see's 29 degrees of timing, doesnt mean the tuner sucks. My car ran great on 91. Never pulled timing at wot. And ran great. I now have a power adder.

Every car is different, which is why we get custom tunes. Some people, like myself live up in CO with a high elevation. And can run more agressive timing.

My car put down 435/395 sae with shauns tune. Respectable.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

What i was getting at was just because your car see's 29 degrees of timing, doesnt mean the tuner sucks. My car ran great on 91. Never pulled timing at wot. And ran great. I now have a power adder.

Every car is different, which is why we get custom tunes. Some people, like myself live up in CO with a high elevation. And can run more agressive timing.

My car put down 435/395 sae with shauns tune. Respectable.

That is correct.

People should pay more attention to what the Knock values are in conjunction with timing output.

OBX Steve

Banned
Hmm, the path of so many. I am not partial to AED either, there are plenty of badass tuners. BAMA just isnt one of them .....

Im in clearwater if you wanna settle this online argument. I have a BAMA performance tune. Personally I'm not partial to any tuner just willing to help clear up some of these online tuner wars.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
Im in clearwater if you wanna settle this online argument. I have a BAMA performance tune. Personally I'm not partial to any tuner just willing to help clear up some of these online tuner wars.
the tuner wars isnt a power output debate as much as it is a safety debate. I know my bama tune as you see on the datalog running the revised performance tune I was getting 29.5 degrees of timing plus a bad afr. now thats on the performance not the race.

OBX Steve

Banned
the tuner wars isnt a power output debate as much as it is a safety debate. I know my bama tune as you see on the datalog running the revised performance tune I was getting 29.5 degrees of timing plus a bad afr. now thats on the performance not the race.

Umm no! It is a power output debate as much as it is a safety debate. When people start talking tune what's the first thing they ask is it safe? Or how much power?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Umm no! It is a power output debate as much as it is a safety debate. When people start talking tune what's the first thing they ask is it safe? Or how much power?

The inexperienced people that dyno race ask about power. Other people ask about the safety part of it. I can say this because I once was all about the power numbers, but have since changed my tune because I've grown wiser about the subject.

scott_0

Established Member
when it comes to these cars, those of us that are aware and the tuning issues, it's safety> power

OBX Steve

Banned
The high testosterone (high T) people that dyno race ask about power. The low testosterone people (low T) ask about the safety part of it. I can say this because I once was all about the power numbers, but have since changed my tune because I've grown wiser about the subject.

This is how I read what you just said. They have a pill for this.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
This is how I read what you just said. They have a pill for this.

Glad you realize the fact you are just some e-prick that prances around trying to act all cool and swing your little e-dick everywhere. :thumbsup: When you motor goes boom and you start bitching about it, I'll just sit back and laugh.

So if you aren't in this thread to contribute but rather just try and start something because you don't have anything else to do, just leave now.

OBX Steve

Banned
Glad you realize the fact you are just some e-prick that prances around trying to act all cool and swing your little e-dick everywhere. :thumbsup: When you motor goes boom and you start bitching about it, I'll just sit back and laugh.

So if you aren't in this thread to contribute but rather just try and start something because you don't have anything else to do, just leave now.

I know now it stings a little just walk it off man. Everything will be ok!

Sick_Mustang

Established Member

What is the arguement? The fact AED makes more power throughout the power band in a safe/reliable manner? The fact the car just flat out drives better? The fact Shaun tunes for your mods and will get the most out of it? The fact that just about any of the mainstream tuners are light years better than Bama? Trust me its a clear picture for those that have moved on from Bama.

You people need to open a book and read and do real life testing/research. Seriously half of you havnt a clue on what you are speaking about, this furthers the problem when others read and think HELL YA BAMA!

With that said, sure ill bust your ass. Just like I have done to countless other Bama cars. Even friends of mine who have since moved on. It will be taped and posted though, I dont care what you're mods are, unless you're on the bottle in which case, cool so is mine and we can run bottle to bottle, to which I will say you really have no chance.

Last edited:

OBX Steve

Banned
What is the arguement? The fact AED makes more power throughout the power band in a safe/reliable manner? The fact the car just flat out drives better? The fact Shaun tunes for your mods and will get the most out of it? The fact that just about any of the mainstream tuners are light years better than Bama? Trust me its a clear picture for those that have moved on from Bama.

You people need to open a book and read and do real life testing/research. Seriously half of you havnt a clue on what you are speaking about, this furthers the problem when others read and think HELL YA BAMA!

With that said, sure ill bust your ass. Just like I have done to countless other Bama cars. Even friends of mine who have since moved on. It will be taped and posted though, I dont care what you're mods are, unless you're on the bottle in which case, cool so is mine and we can run bottle to bottle, to which I will say you really have no chance.

I say again I'm not partial to any of these tuner's. Bama is my first tune and I'll tell you honestly there will be a day when I move on as well. The argument is You said" I'll rape any bama tuned car". Cool! I have a bama tuned car and am not intimidated by your car raping skills. So let's do this and video tape the wonderful raping so everyone can see what your awesome tune is all about. I'm not on the bottle either so no cheating. On seconds thought you might need it. Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh! J/k don't get all "low T"on me like that other guy.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
so... update, was racing a vette, dragiing his weak ass and popped a freekin piston!!!! thanks for all the hate, you bunch of beavis and butthead watching asshats jinxed me!
aba563484389a37a87b1ec9b17cd20c793b5d5b824ea3b7fb27bd44ec348df21.jpg

MRGTX

Established Member
I do not get the attitudes in this thread...the OP shared some valuable info and came here with a positive attitude and then the shi--storm started. What the hell is the point?

Personally, it's the part of the car hobby that I want nothing to do with.

Yes, if I'm at the line against someone else, I want to be faster. Otherwise, I'm rooting for my fellow 5.0 Mustang people to have the best results that they can and at no point do insults and manhood comparing seem like a worthwhile pastime.

Why can't we all just get along? :D

OBX Steve

Banned
I do not get the attitudes in this thread...the OP shared some valuable info and came here with a positive attitude and then the shi--storm started. What the hell is the point?

Personally, it's the part of the car hobby that I want nothing to do with.

Yes, if I'm at the line against someone else, I want to be faster. Otherwise, I'm rooting for my fellow 5.0 Mustang people to have the best results that they can and at no point do insults and manhood comparing seem like a worthwhile pastime.

Why can't we all just get along? :D

I absolutely agree. This is exactly what the Chevy and dodge guys want. For us to destroy ourselves!
Spool I accept your offer let's line em up and have some fun!

MRGTX

Established Member
I absolutely agree. This is exactly what the Chevy and dodge guys want. For us to destroy ourselves!
Spool I accept your offer let's line em up and have some fun!

Haha...hey, now. I'm a Dodge guy too! Some of us actually love all kinds of Muscle Cars.
Don't get me started on BMWs though. *wretch* :p

My old Dart is just about ready to rock with a fresh Magnum 5.9 install. A pefect contrast to the Ford, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread