BAMA tune dyno tested!

ktulu1984

Established Member
Here is my pull with my 93 BAMA tune. These are SAE numbers. Standard correction was 419hp/402tq. I never had a problem with them or American Muscle. 20140515_134947.jpg
This was my best pass on Saturday. It was hot and on street tires in South Louisiana. I was the right lane.20140517_161917.jpg

Last edited:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Nice time funny how i see some guys running AED and VMP. And still can't trap what a bama tune does :)

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
Nice time funny how i see some guys running AED and VMP. And still can't trap what a bama tune does :)

I improved my mph and got close to my best with my bama tune under worse conditions (worse d.a and track prep) plus my driveability is much better. granted im not running aed or vmp.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
Here is my pull with my 93 BAMA tune. These are SAE numbers. Standard correction was 419hp/402tq. I never had a problem with them or American Muscle. View attachment 15594
This was my best pass on Saturday. It was hot and on street tires in South Louisiana. I was the right lane.View attachment 15595

what are the afr and timing numbers? the times are not bad assuming you were at no problem raceway with a d.a of about 1600. the invos are good tires..but those 20's are killing ya.

ktulu1984

Established Member
Yea it was at No Problem. Not sure what the timing and afr are though. We did not hook up the sensor on the dyno. The afr looked around 14 if I remember right from the gauge on the car. I can't say for sure though, and I am offshore for work until next Saturday. I am thinking about finding some 19x11 for the rears now. 19x10 for the front. Have to find something I like.

Driveability is awesome. Never had any issues.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yea it was at No Problem. Not sure what the timing and afr are though. We did not hook up the sensor on the dyno. The afr looked around 14 if I remember right from the gauge on the car. I can't say for sure though, and I am offshore for work until next Saturday. I am thinking about finding some 19x11 for the rears now. 19x10 for the front. Have to find something I like.

I sure as hell hope that "14" wasn't reading at WOT....

Last edited:

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member

I would datalog your car and see where it stands if I were you. I think amr has some 19x10's I am not aware of any other company having larger than 10.

GearsNBeers

Established Member
Ktulu did you get your tune revised recently? I like to send them an email from time to time and see if updates are worth it. Bama has been bragging as of late they made some great changes to tunes on other forums. I think they are getting tired of being labeled the Dennis Rodman of tuners. The initial tune I got from them ran fast but shifted like crap.. Like seriously It shifted so hard at WOT you would think you were in a pro stock and it made me cringe. I updated and it ran better but a slower. I attribute that to the era of #8. They neutered their tunes. Then the last revision i got last year seemed like they really put in the effort to get the kinks out. The 93 hybrid ran fast and smooth (for bama anyway).

Apparently they phased out the hybrid. I find it all gimicky anyway. I want the 87 octane fuel mileage tune for day to day followed by the titties and beer 93 octane tune for racing and doing illegal things on back roads.

Last edited:

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
Ktulu did you get your tune revised recently? I like to send them an email from time to time and see if updates are worth it. Bama has been bragging as of late they made some great changes to tunes on other forums. I think they are getting tired of being labeled the Dennis Rodman of tuners. The initial tune I got from them ran fast but shifted like crap.. Like seriously It shifted so hard at WOT you would think you were in a pro stock and it made me cringe. I updated and it ran better but a slower. I attribute that to the era of #8. They neutered their tunes. Then the last revision i got last year seemed like they really put in the effort to get the kinks out. The 93 hybrid ran fast and smooth (for bama anyway).

Apparently they phased out the hybrid. I find it all gimicky anyway. I want the 87 octane fuel mileage tune for day to day followed by the titties and beer 93 octane tune for racing and doing illegal things on back roads.

im not ktulu but I got a tune revision in march and april (including hybrid) and the shifts were not changed. thats is a majority of why I went with mike roush, he is the bee's knees with the autos.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member

Sure some people suck at driving.

However you make your statement seem as if no VMP or AED car has put up the faster MPH.

just an FYI Shaun@AED went 10.9x @121/122 stock motor,stock intake manifold, stock exhaust manifolds, stock cai. So please let me know when these badass Bama tunes accomplish this.

Beernuts

Established Member
just an FYI Shaun@AED went 10.9x @121/122 stock motor,stock intake manifold, stock exhaust manifolds, stock cai. So please let me know when these badass Bama tunes accomplish this.

Just an FYI, here's the full list of mods you conveniently excluded:

Mod list:

Engine:
Ported stock GT intake
L&M 82MM TB
Miezere Electric Water pump
ID725 injectors
AFE Drop-in air filter
E85

Exhaust:
Stock Headers
Lethal Off Road H
JPC over the axle pipes
GT500 Axle back

Suspension/Chassis/misc Drive train:
3.55's
Rear End Girdle
Tockico D's
Steeda UltraLite springs
Steeda Radiator support
Steeda X11 ball joints
Steeda Bump Steer kit
Steeda Panhard and brace (Chromoly)
Dynotech Aluminum drive shaft
MGW shifter
BMR lower relocation brackets (top hole)
Roush Upper control arm
Steeda Sway bar relocation brackets
Weld RTS's 17/15x10"
M&H 26" bias ply front skinnies
Goodyear 28x10.5 Outlaw slicks
Girodisc 2-piece lightweight rotors, Magic pads, SS brake lines

Weight reduction (aside from what's listed above):
Removed strut tower brace
Removed rear end weights
Removed Windshield wipers/motor/reservior
Carbeau FX1 Pro front seats
Rear seat delete
Removed Rear seat belts
Removed spare/air compressor (Brembo car)

Source: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?876095-Bolt-On-All-Motor-AED-GT-goes-10-s

Last edited:

ktulu1984

Established Member
I looked at my datalog and my AFR was .99 for pretty much the whole time. On the GT premium with the 4 inch display between the gauges, I thought I remember an air to fuel ratio gauge on there also. I thought I remembered it being around 14 for some reason, but maybe I was thinking of something else.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I looked at my datalog and my AFR was .99 for pretty much the whole time. On the GT premium with the 4 inch display between the gauges, I thought I remember an air to fuel ratio gauge on there also. I thought I remembered it being around 14 for some reason, but maybe I was thinking of something else.
Your AFR was 0.99 lambda at WOT? Ditch that tune immediately.

Last edited:

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member

wow..thats like a 14afr at wot? if you are stuck with bama send em that log and get a revision

ktulu1984

Established Member
I will go through my datalog more tonight, the section I looked at was when the car was idling for the warm up.

Beernuts

Established Member
I will go through my datalog more tonight, the section I looked at was when the car was idling for the warm up.

No surprise there. Yet the armchair tuners will scream your engine is about to blow without having a clue as to what you are looking at.

If you are looking at the afr_bank_1 and afr_bank_2 PID's you should be right around 0.85 at WOT.

Just post the CSV file if you want some real help.

Users who are viewing this thread