BAMA tune dyno tested!

hoodley

Established Member
me and the dyno tuner are both quite impressed, he said I don't need to charge you to change anything, it looks good.
COOOOOOLLLLL! so all the haters can suck it BAMA aint to shabby.
12 m6 with airraid cai bama tune, o/r X borla axle backs. 93 octane
She put down 397hp and 384tq

hoodley

Established Member
1. who is ever happy with the hp they have?
2. I am happy with the power it makes for just exhaust mods yes......
3. how much hp u got with same mods? oh you had to get more mods to run 12s?
4. Bring it Mr. internet tuff guy. mount u some street tires up, glue your little GOPRO down wherever you like and come get Druuuug!
yours truly, The baddest mufugger alive with a standard, street tired, stock motor, stock fuel, MOST HATED TUNED, only got 300hp 5.0 Mustang GT on the PLANET!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
If you are happy with 397hp then I'll make sure to put the gopro on the trunk facing the rear if we ever meet up.

aaannnnnddddddd d-bag of april goes too.........

nice numbers OP. i am also happy with my crappy BAMA tune.

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
1. who is ever happy with the hp they have?
2. I am happy with the power it makes for just exhaust mods yes......
3. how much hp u got with same mods? oh you had to get more mods to run 12s?
4. Bring it Mr. internet tuff guy. mount u some street tires up, glue your little GOPRO down wherever you like and come get Druuuug!
yours truly, The baddest mufugger alive with a standard, street tired, stock motor, stock fuel, MOST HATED TUNED, only got 300hp 5.0 Mustang GT on the PLANET!

I originally had a bama tune with a cold air intake only and ran 7.90s thru the 1/8 (about a 12.4ish 1/4 mile) with 2.0 60 fts.. The tune was strong.

Unfortunately though, I added gears an an x pip w/ cat deletes and got them to send a new tune and it hasn't shifted right ever since, I switched tuners and he fixed it for the most part, or just ran it down the line, because the bama tune had it dying in between the 2-3 shift and 3-4 shift, well now its doing it on the 3-4 shift, even when easy driving it will sortve jolt you in the seat on the 3-4 seat, its like the transmission pauses before the shift and allows the motor to rev up then it dumps into gear.. Idk.. The BAMA tune was just hitting the rev limiter, killing the motor, shifting, and then going.. it was really wile and they sent several revised tune and never fixed the problem .. I wished they could've got it right because I was soo satisfied with the 1st tune..

hoodley

Established Member
yea I wanted to change mine. but was advised to leave it alone, the tuner could have made more money off me so I am impressed by that and when I change or add something I will use someone else, but a basic stock manual mustang it seems to be working pretty well.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
me and the dyno tuner are both quite impressed, he said I don't need to charge you to change anything, it looks good.
COOOOOOLLLLL! so all the haters can suck it BAMA aint to shabby.
12 m6 with airraid cai bama tune, o/r X borla axle backs. 93 octane
She put down 397hp and 384tq

My car would straight rape any Bama tuned car. Ive tested this theory, multiple times. Bama tuned car had quite a bit more mods than my car also.

Mind showing us your "badass" Bama tune datalog?

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
My car would straight rape any Bama tuned car. Ive tested this theory, multiple times. Bama tuned car had quite a bit more mods than my car also.

Mind showing us your "badass" Bama tune datalog?

Your an idiot. If you lived closer I would load my old bama tune and rape you. I don't understand what people hate bama so much for, maybe their hit or miss... but with the tune I was explaining that was completely dying between shifts got me 11.80s on motor with street tires...My only mods are 4.10s (didn't help with street tires) o/r x pipe, and airaid cai. Ive seen some dyno tuned and aed tuned cars with the same mods run that..

He said he put down 397hp with a bama tune, so another tune on a different car MIGHT make 10hp more at the most.. so you think that's going to advance you to the point of saying you will outrun any bama tuned car?

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
Aren't you the same idiot that said drag slicks are better for a rear end than drag radials? Do you think about things you say? I get it that drag slicks hook better, but if their hooking better, isn't that worse on the rear end versus spinning/wheel slip and putting less pressure on the rear end?

Now you outrun any bama tuned car? I've had AED, Tuners inc, Bama, and steeda. Strongest one I had was the original tune from bama.

I hate to go off like this, but the guy has a bama tune that came in with 400rwhp on the dyno.. and now your claiming you'll outrun any bama tuned coyote?

Solve this right now, I looked thru your post, I read you were aiming/guessing for 118-120 traps WITH a 26" slick? I run that at the pony wars on STREET TIREs, with bamas tune, and they had an error in the shifts causing it to die in between shifts, sounded like a manual and its an auto

Last edited:

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Aren't you the same idiot that said drag slicks are better for a rear end than drag radials? Do you think about things you say? I get it that drag slicks hook better, but if their hooking better, isn't that worse on the rear end versus spinning/wheel slip and putting less pressure on the rear end?
Drag slicks are better on the rear end of a manual car. The sidewall has more give to cushion the initial drive line shock. Look it up.

That being said, I have been up against multiple full bolt on (intake, long tubes, full catback, aluminum drive shaft, Boss Mani, throttle body, clutch/flywheel, and geared) GT's and my intake, xpipe, AED tune GT was just as fast. Since then I have a few more mods and e85. SMM can tell you from experience how fast my car is. :lol1: I would put 4 people in his car and run it against any Bama car any day.

Here is me against one of these said Bama cars. It's just a 2-3 pull as I got locked out of 4th but you get the idea.
[video=youtube;g5mjerQnZ0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5mjerQnZ0g&list=UURiN2UDWfACQ5GTJ5ot_7WQ[/video]

Also to the OP those numbers are solid. No disrespect. I'm glad you are happy. There are some Bama tuned cars out there that are on point. I just haven't seen one in person. Just off my opinion and based off of your numbers, I would be looking at another tuner. Off those same mods my car made 433hp 402tq on 93 with an AED tune. Every dyno is different. I understand. It ran 12.2s at 117mph on bald 235's-50-18's with 2.3 60'. I haven't been back on the dyno or the track since switching over to e85.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Have fun with a tune that makes decent hp but runs shitty at the track. Torque managment is gonna kick your ass.

But Dyno numbers mean everything!

SCalla1384

Established Member

Now you outrun any bama tuned car? I've had AED, Tuners inc, Bama, and steeda. Strongest one I had was the original tune from bama.

I hate to go off like this, but the guy has a bama tune that came in with 400rwhp on the dyno.. and now your claiming you'll outrun any bama tuned coyote?

Solve this right now, I looked thru your post, I read you were aiming/guessing for 118-120 traps WITH a 26" slick? I run that at the pony wars on STREET TIREs, with bamas tune, and they had an error in the shifts causing it to die in between shifts, sounded like a manual and its an auto

Uhm.. Slicks are easier on the rear end. Your wrong lol.

Slicks will wrinkle, radials will bind. Slicks are much easier on the driveline.

mystickb1996

Established Member
I had a bama tune when I started modding my car and like I have stated before it ran strong and drove fine. What scared me was the timing and knock it was seeing. Then I moved to aed and became a believer.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member

LMAO I know what my car traps full weight with a full tank of gas and me at 250 lbs on street tires spinning and letting out. I would wager than my car would out run your car any day of the week.

Listen to this guy people. He asks me if I think before I talk then proceeds to say "isn't it worse" blatantly admitting he has no effing idea what he is talking about! HAHAHAHAHAHA WOW! Slicks wrinkle, thus absorbing the shock of the power, they later release that energy and go back to normal.

First of all. I can promise you my car will outrun any BAMA tuned car regardless of mods. Yes, I will wager $500 or more so put up or shut up, I DONT CARE WHAT MODS IT HAS! You know why? Because I have beat a full bolt on BAMA tuned power house N/A to N/A, if you want to add nitrous, they only tune up to 100 shot on pump gas, my car is on e85 and a 150 shot.

Also its not always about "peak power" which I can also tell you that my car will make more peak power and power throughout the power band than a BAMA tuned car.

Furthermore, I could care less if you like BAMA. Just post up a log, just like other un-informed members have, and you will see just why BAMA tunes are sketchy.

In addition to all this madness, who's to say his dyno wasn't reading happy? What if I got on right after and made more power. Dyno's vary man, they are a damn tuning tool, I have no idea when people will begin to understand this.

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
I had a bama tune when I started modding my car and like I have stated before it ran strong and drove fine. What scared me was the timing and knock it was seeing. Then I moved to aed and became a believer.

Hmm, the path of so many. I am not partial to AED either, there are plenty of badass tuners. BAMA just isnt one of them .....

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Not sure if "uglyslowcoyote" can read. Spoolin, who I barely know, said he would put FOUR people in my car and put it up against any BAMA tuned car. LMAO that should tell you something. Most the time I have a full tank of gas and my girl in the car, with a shaker 1k system, spare rim etc etc. my car is a heavy pig and I hurt peoples feelings with it.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member

200.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread