BAMA tune dyno tested!

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
No surpise there. Yet the armchair tuners will scream your engine is about to blow without having a clue as to what you are looking at.

If you are looking at the afr_bank_1 and afr_bank_2 PID's you should be right around 0.85 at WOT.

Just post the CSV file if you want some real help.

wow bro..how long you been tuning? must have a lot of knowledge then.im sure if he wants REAL help then he will consult his tuner or another. most people advise to find another tuner from past experience with bama such as mine. sure the power was there in certain ranges but otherwise it flopped.

Last edited:

ktulu1984

Established Member
This is a screenshot from running WOT when I had the Boss manifold installed. I had to datalog because the car kept throwing code P0175 for running rich. I took the Boss manifold off though, I hated that thing. I haven't done another datalog since I reinstalled the factory manifold. Also, I am not sure if it is an updated tune as far as you guys talking about them doing them differently now. I am happy with the car though. I have some good kills under my belt with the car the way it is now. I kept trying to get the picture to load but it wasn't cooperating. Hope this is the info you wanted to see.
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/ktulu1984/DataLog.jpg?t=1400767648

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
The datalog showed knock the whole way through. This is a 3rd gear WOT pull to 7k. The gradual acceleration 2-5k in 3rd didn't knock at all. I was doing some logs to screen for an aed tune. Believe it or not this is actually better than the first test I sent to shaun. I was running an 87 octane tune at first. I always do for awhile when I take it out of storage. Even after getting new fuel for awhile just to be safe. I did the same 2 data logs for the 87 tune and it added timing the whole time. I flashed to the 93 and did two logs. They were worse. I did this later on. It was a lot cooler, and I did a KAM reset followed by idle relearn. I also drove it for awhile moderately getting on it so it could relearn a bit. It was also dark out and I was terrified I would smoke a deer even though I have a great stretch of "test" road to use. I will never do a night test again for sure.
View attachment 15883

View attachment 15884

Is this tune trying to command 30 degrees timing on 93 octane? Seems sketchy.

fyi make sure you run the 87 tune until you are 100% positive that there is no longer anymore 87 octane fuel. you dont want to run a 93 tune with 87 octane.

Last edited:

GearsNBeers

Established Member
I have never ran 87 octane fuel in the car since Ive owned it. I don't care what ford says at the compression the coyote motors run that seems like madness. My car has only ever had shell v-power 93. The 87 tune was just for cruising on a long road trips and burning old gas out of the tank in the spring after the car has been in storage. It's nice to know you have a slow poke tune for using old winter gas as well as never getting stranded without a 93 octane gas station.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
I have never ran 87 octane fuel in the car since Ive owned it. I don't care what ford says at the compression the coyote motors run that seems like madness. My car has only ever had shell v-power 93. The 87 tune was just for cruising on a long road trips and burning old gas out of the tank in the spring after the car has been in storage. It's nice to know you have a slow poke tune for using old winter gas as well as never getting stranded without a 93 octane gas station.

yea sorry I am a tard and misread that. I thought it said you were running 87 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread