Attn: ALL Cobra Owners "tail of the dragon"

coreseller

Established Member
Went down to the Dragon a little over 2 years back with a friend who had an identical Cobra to mine. 11 miles and over 300 hard turns, we never got out of second gear, it was incredible. Better be careful though, my friend got a little careless and launched off the side hitting a tree flipping onto his vert's top sliding about 100 feet down the mountainside. 2 Mineral Grey '01 verts went in, one came out. Luckily noone got hurt.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Yeah you gotta respect it for sure. It can reach out and bite you in a hurry. That's why I never took my cobra. My challenger does great because the small block doesn't have enough power to spin the tire from a roll.

Went down to the Dragon a little over 2 years back with a friend who had an identical Cobra to mine. 11 miles and over 300 hard turns, we never got out of second gear, it was incredible. Better be careful though, my friend got a little careless and launched off the side hitting a tree flipping onto his vert's top sliding about 100 feet down the mountainside. 2 Mineral Grey '01 verts went in, one came out. Luckily noone got hurt.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Hmmm when I took my girlfriend last year she kept saying stuff like your gonna kill us and I'm gonna get car sick. She never reached for her lipstick?:burnout:

lol ironically so, she was trying to tell me to take a different way back instead of doing it in reverse. At one point, she told me that she seriously thought we'd end up at the bottom of the moutain. There was a little bit of whining, but nothing i couldn't handle.

I credit the RX-8's smooth suspension and handling for the awesome ride. I must admit that it's definately the part i miss the most about it! :(

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
My wife has done SEVERAL track days with me in the C6. While running the Dragon, she screamed out "I need my F***ing helmet!!" I busted out laughing!! One of those "you had to be there" moments.

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
DealsGap1.jpg

wirefixed.jpg

img_4861.jpg

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
My wife has done SEVERAL track days with me in the C6. While running the Dragon, she screamed out "I need my F***ing helmet!!" I busted out laughing!! One of those "you had to be there" moments.

HAHA that's great. The women just don't realize that we care about our rides enough and have enough money invested in them that we aren't going to push them past there limits and take a chance on wrecking them.

topless_sn8k

Established Member
HAHA that's great. The women just don't realize that we care about our rides enough and have enough money invested in them that we aren't going to push them past there limits and take a chance on wrecking them.

+1 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

warpd

Established Member
I ran it last fall and it was awesome. I can't believe all the people say "it's no place for Cobras". I got there on a Friday night at about 11pm and ran it 3 or 4 times during the night , it was great. Ran it 5-6 times the next day as well. At night you can see others coming from along way away so you can use more of the road and run it faster as well as it being almost completely empty. There was a full moon and all you could really hear was the echo of my exhaust off the mountain ,as a car guy it was one of the best driving moments of my life. The key is running it a few times before you really try and attack it so you know what is coming at you. Just like a racetrack you have to look it over and plan it out first to run it really fast. Also the turns are so sharp and the space between them so short you can't really go THAT fast, you'll figure that out real quick. The turns basically turn back into themselves, they are the types of corners where drifting would actually be faster than driving conventionally although it is taboo to cross over the lanes. I would definitely be down to go, I have never seen a road like it. Driving up there with my friend the roads kept getting curvier and curvier and I kept thinking for sure this is the Dragon because of how crazy the roads were getting then when you drive it the roads before it look like a joke in comparison.

Stavesacre21

Established Member
the biggest problem by far with running it at a high speed is those blind left turns. I could already see how so many people have plowed into bikers head on. It's a fun road to run at a reasonable speed...but when you get obsessed with your time and maximizing speed, it may be time to move onto an actual race track.

nice pics jster

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
the biggest problem by far with running it at a high speed is those blind left turns. I could already see how so many people have plowed into bikers head on. It's a fun road to run at a reasonable speed...but when you get obsessed with your time and maximizing speed, it may be time to move onto an actual race track.

nice pics jster

No doubt, it gave me a hell of a rush and I probably never got about sixty. The turns are so fast you can really get much speed up. The road in the area that will get you in trouble is the Cherola Skyway. More people have been killed on it that the dragon. It's got a lot of long straights that run right up on sharp turns with no warning. But it's still the best place if you want to wind it out a little bit you just gotta be careful. It's a hell of a view from it too.

Stavesacre21

Established Member
Wouldn't mind seeing anyone else's pics from the dragon...

be it from killboy or otherwise!

anyone?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Did a quick search on photo bucket for some dragon photos. Not too many on there but here are a few cool ones I found. I'd like to see some more peoples dragon photo's too I know you got some people lets post em up!
042.jpg

m_614c84d91c42eb80f37c679ca97d528e.gif

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

a>

topless_sn8k

Established Member
Yea, now that is what I'm looking for. Look at those terms. Keep them coming, we are getting some good replys.

Users who are viewing this thread